UnderGround Forums

GamerGround >> PokeMMO

9/14/12 5:51 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Harlow's Rhesus
56 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/14/12 5:57 PM

http://www.pokemmo.eu/

PokeMMO is... a... Pokemon MMO. It uses the fire red rom, the GBA remake of the originals, and throws you on a server with hundreds of other trainers you can fight, trade and talk shit to throughout your classic pokemon experience.

Not quite perfect yet, still a few missing pokemon from the original 150, but its still pretty damned impressive, check it out! Small and easy to install. Remember, its really not cool to download the roms from the .companies that offer such services without owning the real cartridge!

9/15/12 10:23 AM
KingD87
96 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Haha subtle! Personally I think a proper Pokemon MMORPG would be huge, what are they waiting for? Phone Post
9/15/12 11:37 AM
Harlow's Rhesus
56 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I was really curious about the legality of it too, but i guess it doesn't have to be subtle. It is essentially just an emulator that plays two roms, two roms you can only download if you own the cart. Not that it works that way, obviously, but its a pretty awesome loop-hole and its an impressive idea.

I've wanted 3d multiplayer pokemon since i saw Hyrule in Ocarina of Times and shit my pants, i dont know what the fuck they are waiting for with the pokemon franchise as a whole.

Anyway, bump for another day of nerds, i'm gonna be logged in and catchin em all most of today.
9/15/12 2:47 PM
foo55
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

this sounds nerdy as fuck

and they don't have a mac client :(
9/16/12 5:49 AM
UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Been playing this for a while now.

Didn't want to make a thread in case everyone started playing it and it got insanely more popular, I have trouble getting into the server as it is lol... Phone Post
9/16/12 10:09 AM
Harlow's Rhesus

I found it on a BB.com thread that is bigger than our entire otherground and subforums, it already is insanely popular. Havn't had problems logging in though, just lots of lag, waiting for the second server to start soon.
9/16/12 11:25 AM
UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Harlow's Rhesus -  I found it on a BB.com thread that is bigger than our entire otherground and subforums, it already is insanely popular. Havn't had problems logging in though, just lots of lag, waiting for the second server to start soon.

LOL, just me being paranoid I guess...

Like 9/10 times I try to log in I have to wait for somebody else to log out becasue the server is full. It can get annoying, they really should add another one :P

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.