UnderGround Forums

GamerGround >> I HATE the PS3 Controller! Help!

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

9/16/12 5:59 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bought a PS3 yesterday and it's safe to say I fucking hate the controller. I got a DS3 and I just can't use the analogue sticks. I have huge hands and the controller is just too small. My thumbs clash on the tiny, stupid, convex analogue sticks. They slip off all the time too. The triggers suck dick compared to the Xbox controller.

I've been looking into some 3rd party PS3 controllers that are designed like the 360 controller. Ones with asymmetrical concave sticks, real triggers and a good size. Every single controller I've looked at though seems to be plagued with "Dead Zones" (the console doesn't pick up movement in the analogue stick sometimes, can be detremental when playing FPS's).

I've also looked into the Xbox contoller adapter which is a little box you plug into your PS3 and it lets you play with an Xbox controller. However, aparently these aren't worth the money because of really bad lag and other problems.

Does anyone have any 3rd Party controllers on their PS3? Can you guys recommend any? Preferably one with the smallest possible Dead Zones... Phone Post
9/16/12 6:53 AM
Teenage mutant lesnar turtle
592 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Buy some smaller hands Phone Post
9/16/12 7:27 AM
UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Teenage mutant lesnar turtle - Buy some smaller hands Phone Post
Can I buy your little lady English hands? Phone Post
9/16/12 7:43 AM
592 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sure bro just cutting them off now.
9/16/12 8:18 AM
UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay

Teenage mutant lesnar turtle -  Sure bro just cutting them off now.

Cool. I'll come pick them up, meet me at the border.

Say, £25?
9/16/12 8:22 AM

uj7y6 tytutyutyjyrtfdety
9/16/12 9:50 AM
bruddahoodaman
190 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You need u some robot hands. Phone Post
9/16/12 10:50 AM
Mikusoraiden
212 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I use a wired one called Aftershock I think? It's worked out really well for me.

Beware: if the game requires six-axis motion use, you can't use it. (I'm looking at you Heavy Rain) Phone Post
9/16/12 11:21 AM
UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay

Mikusoraiden -  I use a wired one called Aftershock I think? It's worked out really well for me.

Beware: if the game requires six-axis motion use, you can't use it. (I'm looking at you Heavy Rain) Phone Post

Yea, I figured for games that use Six Axis I will just nut up and deal with the shitty PS3 controller.

I ordered a 3rd Party controller off Amazon:

Gioteck HF2 Bluetooth Controller (PS3)

Apparently the problems with the Dead Zones are not such a big deal with this controller. Even if I am expereincing some issues with it you can go onto the company that make the controllers website and tweak the settings of the controller from your PC. Looks like this is the perfect controller for me, it looks big, Xbox style layout, it might a look a little goofy but I don't really care lol.

Lets hope it's not a piece of shit :) Should be here tomorrow. I'll play Killzone 3 and the FIFA 13 Demo a little bit and post results.
9/16/12 12:44 PM
beanouno
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Shame theres no power glove for the ps3. Phone Post
9/17/12 12:53 PM
The Adversary
644 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

beanouno -  Shame theres no power glove for the ps3. Phone Post

La-la-la-lol!

I hated the PS3 controller at first, but you will get used to it, eventually. I looked into doing the same as you, buying a 360 controller for PS3, but they all seemed to have mixed reviews so I just toughed it out until my hands got used to the tiny baby controller.
9/17/12 1:07 PM
UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay

^ well the controller I bought off Amazon is pretty disappointing.

Everything is great, except the shoulder buttons (L1 and R1). They fucking suck almost to the point of making some games unplayable. 9 out of 10 times when you press them it doesn't register, it's very fucking annoying.

I'm going to see what Amazon's return policy is like, then see if I can return the controller and get my money back.

I think I'm just gonna tough it out with the PS3 controller, I might look into the little trigger grips and the covers for the analogue sticks because I have a feeling that pretty much all 3rd party controllers will have some problems with them... Phone Post
9/17/12 1:22 PM
UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay

Ok so I just read online that the bumpers on this controller I've bought have their sensors in the bottom of the button.

This is what weirded me out, the buttons are really long and when you press the top or the middle of the button nothing happens so I will have to change the way I hold the controller to compensate for this. Phone Post
9/17/12 3:09 PM
MrMead
125 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Look for the Batman Arkham City Edition Controller. It is like an Xbox one but it isnt expensive.
9/17/12 3:52 PM
BKViper
590 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I absolutely hate the Xbox controller.
I have a PS3 controller on my Xbox.
Maybe it's whatever you used first and got used to.
Was your first console an Xbox or PS?
Mine was PS.
9/17/12 4:12 PM
UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay

BKViper - I absolutely hate the Xbox controller.
I have a PS3 controller on my Xbox.
Maybe it's whatever you used first and got used to.
Was your first console an Xbox or PS?
Mine was PS.
Well technically mines was PS but I've played Xbox for much longer.

I had the PS1 and PS2. I've been exclusively playing this generation on 360 and to be honest I bought my PS3 last weekend lol. Phone Post
9/17/12 5:06 PM
Sublime7SD
114 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't care for either controller. Keyboard and mouse shits all over both for all of the games I play. I would feel differently if all I played was fighting games and sports games. Fortunately, I don't play any fighting or sports games, so my PS3 is a media server. GG
9/20/12 8:46 PM
The LoneWolfx6
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MrMead - Look for the Batman Arkham City Edition Controller. It is like an Xbox one but it isnt expensive.

http://www.capsulecomputers.com.au/wp-content/uploads/Batman-Arkham-City-with-the-Batarang-Controllers-PS3.jpg
9/20/12 8:48 PM
The LoneWolfx6
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/20/12 8:59 PM
I bought it for my younger brother, and it works really well. Only weakness is it takes up one of your usb ports but if that isn't a concern then this is the controller for you.
9/20/12 11:24 PM
Mikusoraiden
212 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ok, the name of the one I use is Afterglow, not aftershock. I have really liked it but its wired.

I played PS1&2 long before playing xbox but the 360 is the best controller of any system to date imo. (I'm not getting into the keyboard/mouse discussion) Phone Post
9/20/12 11:29 PM
Mikusoraiden

Afterglow, has a really bright light but you can change the illumination settings.

Around $20-25 at Fred Meyers.

Phone Post
9/29/12 4:46 PM
Heywood Jablowme
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

if u dont mind paying look at the scuff or mlg controllers u can switch the anolog sticks and dpad where ever u want
10/1/12 5:41 PM
TX_432
138 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Theres a way to use your xbox remote on the ps3 Phone Post
10/1/12 7:17 PM
MrMead
125 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This is the one I was talking about in my post above.

10/2/12 11:28 AM
UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay

TX_432 - Theres a way to use your xbox remote on the ps3 Phone Post
Yea I looked into the several adapters but all of them have one specific problem, they all suffer from lag.

I don't want to be playing a game and when I press a button it takes 3 seconds for it to register. It would get very annoying and make a lot of games unplayable, I'm pretty happy with the controller I purchased. Apart from the face buttons feeling a little cheap I haven't experienced any "Dead Zones" which was my biggest worry and it's a pretty good size. I just placed some 360 sticks over the analogues on the controller and I'm good to go. Phone Post

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.