UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Leben wants to be back in the mix

9/16/12 8:58 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
913 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

"I want to get back in the mix, so I've got to go out and handle Vermola, and then hopefully (UFC matchmaker) Joe (Silva) will put me up against a little bigger name," he said.

Or one he can pronounce correctly. Leben couldn't, and when he got the call to come back hadn't much heard of the Czecholslovakian middleweight, who has alternated between wins and losses in his five fights with the UFC. But he studied a little bit of tape, and found the situation favorable.

"Watching the tape, I don't see any spots that I'm extremely worried about. I can fight him wherever he goes," Leben said. "I think as far as game plan goes, it's just weathering that storm the first minute out of the gate."

"I've been trying to make a different Chris Leben for years and years," Leben said. "I've always been saying I'm going to take this fight to the ground, I'm going to show my ground game and utilize my other skills, and then it just doesn't seem to happen.

"Once I get punched in the face, [I'm] going to revert right back to what works."

read entire article...

9/16/12 9:48 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Rick1123
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Really hope he wins thus upcoming fight. Always puts on exciting fights Phone Post
9/16/12 9:59 AM
UGCTT_El Pescadero
1946 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^^^ agreed... One fighter who always leaves it all in the cage!!!

War the American Zombie!! Phone Post
9/16/12 10:09 AM
Outlaw'd by Lytle
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Big fan and good to see Chris back where he belongs. Phone Post
9/16/12 10:24 AM
Orcus Knows MMA Better Than Goku

hope hes off the juice
9/16/12 10:28 AM
ChaelPFan

in my opinion hes never been in the mix and i really dont like watching him fight. im sorry im probably the only one who feels this way, but i do. in my opinion this dudes "zombie mode" is him gassing out quickly and waddling towards his opponent with this weird face he puts on and genuinely tries to act like a zombie and eats punishment. I just dont dig his style. I would if his fights were more like his fights of old where he would dish it back out. lately hes just been taking it and not getting his own stuff off.
9/16/12 10:41 AM
UGCTT_El Pescadero
1946 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ChaelPFan - in my opinion hes never been in the mix and i really dont like watching him fight. im sorry im probably the only one who feels this way, but i do. in my opinion this dudes "zombie mode" is him gassing out quickly and waddling towards his opponent with this weird face he puts on and genuinely tries to act like a zombie and eats punishment. I just dont dig his style. I would if his fights were more like his fights of old where he would dish it back out. lately hes just been taking it and not getting his own stuff off.
You must not Gamble? Leben has won me more Underdog plays than any other fighter in the UFC... Besides Dunham! If I see either of these fighters as the underdog, I lay as much as humanly possible! He needs to get punched to get him in the fight, that's just who he is... He's tough as nails and has the Demons... That's a scary combo when there unleashed at the same time... His finish on Aki was one of the best ever IMO.... Don't like that he got busted for the Juice... But he has always brought it and always will!

I honestly can't remember one fight that he was in that wasn't exciting Win, Lose or Draw... Well I guess the Bisping fight was pretty stinky, but besides that one they have all been wars!!! Phone Post
9/16/12 11:16 AM
Hattonscokedealer

He has fought 19 times in the UFC. He has 12 wins. There is no way you could discredit this guy in any way. Leben is probably my favorite UFC fighter. I hope he can bury the bad shit and get back in the mix.
9/16/12 11:24 AM
Lobo8

Leben is a decent fighter but he will never be near the top again. I think his style of fighting cant win against the top guys anymore and its burning down his body. Outlook is not good for his ufc career.
9/16/12 11:26 AM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
514 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Orcus Knows MMA Better Than Goku -  hope hes off the juice
I think it was painkillers. Dangerous stuff, hopefully hes got it figured out Phone Post
9/16/12 11:26 AM
Blazing Knees

I love this Leben-what a great story. I'd like to have a beer with him and hangout, I bet he has some stories.

He bringing back the foot stomp so he can smash some cats
9/16/12 11:28 AM
Blazing Knees

OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 
I think it was painkillers. Dangerous stuff, hopefully hes got it figured out Phone Post

The Bisping fight he got caught for using gear-this last one was for opiates. Tough one to get over, lots of careers have been messed up with pk's. Karo, Riggs, others.
9/16/12 11:29 AM
fiercedragon

this guy has the luckiest ufc career ever. anyone who beats him manages to get cut(some i agree w/,but not rosholt) he gets popped for multiple offenses that get washed away. with all due respect the mw division has far and away passed him by. he's not beating bisping,spider,munoz,weidman,stann...a loss to vermola might(should) put him out of the company...
9/16/12 11:31 AM
Joe_Drogan420

Is he still addicted to opiates?
9/16/12 11:31 AM
Joe_Drogan420

Edited: 09/16/12 11:31 AM
oops double post
9/16/12 11:38 AM
Blazing Knees

Blazing Knees - 
OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 

The Bisping fight he got caught for using gear-this last one was for opiates. Tough one to get over, lots of careers have been messed up with pk's. Karo, Riggs, others.

I think he's always going to be 'part of the company" Blaf has a soft spot for the guys from TUF 1.

He's got a couple mma schools in HA too so I don't think he has any delusions about title fights, he just wants to throw down.

You always need a couple Diegos-Lytles-Lebens on the roster for entertainment purposes
9/16/12 11:38 AM
TheBear228
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

fiercedragon -  this guy has the luckiest ufc career ever. anyone who beats him manages to get cut(some i agree w/,but not rosholt) he gets popped for multiple offenses that get washed away. with all due respect the mw division has far and away passed him by. he's not beating bisping,spider,munoz,weidman,stann...a loss to vermola might(should) put him out of the company...

Another Leben thread, another fiercedragon troll job. Why bother daying "with all due respect"? you clearly have none for Chris, and this is indicative by the dozens of threads where you trash, insult, and disrespect the guy.

You're attracted to his threads like a moth is to a flame. 
9/16/12 11:39 AM
Blazing Knees

fiercedragon -  this guy has the luckiest ufc career ever. anyone who beats him manages to get cut(some i agree w/,but not rosholt) he gets popped for multiple offenses that get washed away. with all due respect the mw division has far and away passed him by. he's not beating bisping,spider,munoz,weidman,stann...a loss to vermola might(should) put him out of the company...

I think he's always going to be 'part of the company" Blaf has a soft spot for the guys from TUF 1.

He's got a couple mma schools in HA too so I don't think he has any delusions about title fights, he just wants to throw down.

You always need a couple Diegos-Lytles-Lebens on the roster for entertainment purposes
9/16/12 4:20 PM
HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe

Leben has never been short on cardio. Phone Post
9/16/12 5:45 PM
Ryan Black
164 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

WAR CRIPPLER!

Leben always brings it and never fails to entertain. You can count on a PPV party that even your casual friends will be having a great time at. That's my experience, and fond memories of Chris Leben's UFC fights. And I hated him on TUF, I remember rooting against him so hard... he turned me around completely- and the fuckin' room was on fire during the Akiyama fight.

Hope he got clean for good, which is easier said than done; painkillers are a bitch.

But like I said, war Crippler. Phone Post
9/16/12 5:47 PM
cambeezee

Dude has heart, after getting smashed all night on season One comes out for the training that chuck and randy thought no one would be able to finish and does work on it.  Thats when i stepped aboard the Leben band wagon.
9/16/12 6:58 PM
justinHD

will be champ soon Phone Post
9/16/12 7:04 PM
GriffinQ
127 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

fiercedragon -  this guy has the luckiest ufc career ever. anyone who beats him manages to get cut(some i agree w/,but not rosholt) he gets popped for multiple offenses that get washed away. with all due respect the mw division has far and away passed him by. he's not beating bisping,spider,munoz,weidman,stann...a loss to vermola might(should) put him out of the company...
Holy shit, fiercedragon is bashing Leben. How surprising. Phone Post
9/16/12 7:33 PM
Blazing Knees

justinHD -  will be champ soon Phone Post

lol
9/17/12 8:53 AM
fiercedragon

GriffinQ - 
fiercedragon -  this guy has the luckiest ufc career ever. anyone who beats him manages to get cut(some i agree w/,but not rosholt) he gets popped for multiple offenses that get washed away. with all due respect the mw division has far and away passed him by. he's not beating bisping,spider,munoz,weidman,stann...a loss to vermola might(should) put him out of the company...
Holy shit, fiercedragon is bashing Leben. How surprising. Phone Post

it's not bashing when it's the TRUTH. the guy has repeatedly cheated,made excuses,shown bad behavior and even broken the law. but, people love him because he 'brings it'..? i can name 50 fighters that bring it that don't act like d-bags. how bout giving them some credit..?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.