UnderGround Forums

S&C UnderGround >> Anyone Try Tim Ferriss Testosterone Protocol?

9/16/12 10:29 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
LukeCranson
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In The Four Hour Body, Tim Ferriss recommends almonds, fermented cod liver oil amongst a few other things and claims that it tripled his testosterone, anyone try it?
9/16/12 11:08 PM
turducken
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

tim ferris wrote it so it must be true
9/17/12 5:30 PM
savage animal
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don';t know that almonds in particular are anything magic, but having raw nuts on hand for good fats is good. Cold Liver Oil? Not sure that there is anything magic about that particular fish, but same thing, fish oil = good fats.

I imagine people will tell you to eat lots of meat and fats, but if there is any "magin" lets hear it
9/17/12 5:51 PM
rrg1

I haven't because IIRC it says he was eating huge steaks at around 10pm or so lol. That might raise your test but I'm not sure it's that great for you.
9/18/12 3:24 AM
Leigh
717 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GOMAD raised my test, I'm guessing through high fat content. As mentioned, a high fat diet isn't that healthy, which is why I guess he used nuts and fish oil. Phone Post
9/18/12 7:28 AM
Funaki Masakatsu #1
167 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

High fat diets can raise hormone levels significantly. Mike Mahler is a big advocate of eating 40-50% of your total calorie intake from healthy fats. Phone Post
9/24/12 6:38 PM
MightMakesRight
134 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/24/12 7:03 PM

Tim claimed that eating red meat 3 times a day raised his testosterone levels so high that women would become sexually intoxicated just by standing near him.

Matt Furey + Social Media = Tim Ferris
9/24/12 8:12 PM
ArthurKnoqOut
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MightMakesRight - 
Tim claimed that eating red meat 3 times a day raised his testosterone levels so high that women would become sexually intoxicated just by standing near him.

funniest thing I've heard all day...Tim is a good dude and I respect him for what he does, essentially doing experiments and making a living and thensome, off of it.

@ Funaki Masakatsu #1

Mike Mahler is the freaking man!
9/29/12 7:42 PM
tio te
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

There is nothing special about cod fat, or really anything 'special' about its liver, but cod liver oil is high in both omega-3 fatty acids and vitamin D. Besides natural sunlight, it is supposed to be one of the best natural sources of vitamin D. Vitamin D is an important nutrient in testosterone proaction. Of all the crazy stuff Tim Ferris recommends, I think that supplementation with cod liver oil is one of his better ideas.
9/29/12 8:35 PM
VincentVega
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

. Phone Post
9/30/12 3:53 AM
Spoonie Luv

Tim is the real deal even though he goes a little overboard a lot of the time Phone Post
9/30/12 4:35 PM
thesonsofmontana
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just to clarify, I think Tim recommends Brazil Nuts at night. Phone Post
9/30/12 4:36 PM
thesonsofmontana
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Instead of almonds that is... Phone Post
10/1/12 6:03 AM
NeoSpartan
497 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cholesterol turns into testosterone. You're welcome.
10/1/12 3:21 PM
LukeCranson
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tim Ferriss vs Joe Rogan for charity, both guys train
10/1/12 4:17 PM
ArthurKnoqOut
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

NeoSpartan - Cholesterol turns into testosterone. You're welcome.

simplistic but true, indeed.

10/2/12 7:12 PM
BLPorritt
79 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sub Phone Post
10/2/12 7:15 PM
Funaki Masakatsu #1
167 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ArthurKnoqOut -
MightMakesRight - 

funniest thing I've heard all day...Tim is a good dude and I respect him for what he does, essentially doing experiments and making a living and thensome, off of it.

@ Funaki Masakatsu #1

Mike Mahler is the freaking man!
I agree. Mahler is awesome and offers tons of free material and free advice on his website and in interviews that have helped my knowledge tremendously. Phone Post
10/3/12 10:33 AM
JFC1001
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have been following the slow carb plan and getting good results although without the ice baths (that was not nice). The raising of the T levels is interesting but crazy experimental Phone Post
10/3/12 1:41 PM
ArthurKnoqOut

I just read that part in his book and his levels were at 200 ng/dl which is VERY low. So, him trippling it would put him at about 600 ng/dl which is only about average. 

10/6/12 9:14 PM
PolandsFinest
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tom ferris is a douche Phone Post
10/6/12 9:15 PM
PolandsFinest
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tim* Phone Post
10/7/12 9:02 AM
None So Blind
205 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MightMakesRight - 

I once had a guy tell me the aggressive-gay version of that - he manipulated his diet to increase his test, and it made him wind up giving off some kind of alpha male pheromones that not only made chicks attracted to him, dudes were attracted to him BUT they wanted to fight him - and since he traned and destroyed dudes regularly, he had to stop the diet since he was beating so many dudes' asses.

I'm proud of myself for not getting a hernia from the laughter :-P
10/7/12 10:58 PM
ArthurKnoqOut

LMAO @ None So Blind, I myself am rolling around my bed laughing...my girlfriend thinks there's something wrong with me at the moment but she doesn't get that ironing there nor my love for the UG

10/25/12 8:49 AM
rezzz

Interesting stuff Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.