UnderGround Forums

S&C UnderGround >> First day of Paleo was today.

9/17/12 2:34 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Breakfast - Scrambled eggs with a little ham and some berries.

Lunch - Tuna salad

Dinner - Chicken, cabbage, brussel sprouts and like 4-5 baby potatoes.

I've also drank shit loads of water and nothing else.

I think tomorrow my day will look a little like this:

Breakfast - Some form of egg based meal (poached egg, scrambled egg again, boiled egg etc...) and some berries.

Lunch - Prawn (Shrimp) salad

Dinner - Steak with shit loads of veg (primarily green and leafy).

Still working my way through the Paleo Solution by Robb Wolff but so far I'm enjoying it. Before I started I thought it was going to be hell giving up dairy and wheat and stuff like that, but it isn't actually that hard to be honest... I'll see if I still feel like that after 30 days lol. Phone Post
9/17/12 2:55 PM
TartanArmy
51 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It actually looks like something I'd enjoy.

Don't know anything about the paleo diet, what results do you hope to achieve? Is it for bulking/lean gains etc? Phone Post
9/17/12 3:13 PM
SmasherSnu
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don;t eat bread/wheat anyways, but I'd kill myslef if I couldn't have milk.
9/17/12 3:22 PM
paw
1382 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

good luck
9/17/12 3:51 PM
UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TartanArmy - It actually looks like something I'd enjoy.

Don't know anything about the paleo diet, what results do you hope to achieve? Is it for bulking/lean gains etc? Phone Post
I'm doing it to lose weight.

You should look up a book called The Paleo Solution by Rob Wolff. Phone Post
9/17/12 4:57 PM
UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay

Can anyone answer a question for me?

Is it ok to still drink Apple juice and Orange juice on Paleo? I looked at the ingredients and it is 100% apples/oranges but I'm not sure. I would imagine it would be OK... Right? Phone Post
9/18/12 2:54 AM
joemama1034
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Potatoes aren't paleo but sweet potatoes are. The welch's fruit juice or anything similar to it isn't paleo. But if u squeeze your own juice from real apples or oranges its paleo. Phone Post
9/18/12 3:10 AM
Invisible Lats Syndrome
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

joemama1034 -  Potatoes aren't paleo but sweet potatoes are. The welch's fruit juice or anything similar to it isn't paleo. But if u squeeze your own juice from real apples or oranges its paleo. Phone Post

True, potatoes are native to South America and not paleo.

OP mentioned chicken, that's only paleo for the Chinese.
9/18/12 4:33 AM
SmasherSnu
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay -  Can anyone answer a question for me?

Is it ok to still drink Apple juice and Orange juice on Paleo? I looked at the ingredients and it is 100% apples/oranges but I'm not sure. I would imagine it would be OK... Right? Phone Post

I may be wrong, but Im pretty sure youre suppoosed to avoid drinking calories while on a paleo diet.
9/18/12 6:09 AM
UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay

Invisible Lats Syndrome -
joemama1034 -  Potatoes aren't paleo but sweet potatoes are. The welch's fruit juice or anything similar to it isn't paleo. But if u squeeze your own juice from real apples or oranges its paleo. Phone Post

I saw you trying this angle on another thread. I'm not buying it lol. Phone Post
9/18/12 6:10 AM
UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay

joemama1034 - Potatoes aren't paleo but sweet potatoes are. The welch's fruit juice or anything similar to it isn't paleo. But if u squeeze your own juice from real apples or oranges its paleo. Phone Post
Robb Wolff was saying potatoes are fine when he was on JRE, just not a lot of them. I'm not eating a lot of potatoes and I'm definitely going to switch to sweet potatoes. Phone Post
9/18/12 7:55 AM
joemama1034
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yea everyone debates whether or not potatoes are paleo. They are tubers and some people say they are some people say they aren't. Its a lot better than eating some bread though so more power to ya. Phone Post
9/18/12 10:02 AM
Genocide_Junkie
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay -
joemama1034 - Potatoes aren't paleo but sweet potatoes are. The welch's fruit juice or anything similar to it isn't paleo. But if u squeeze your own juice from real apples or oranges its paleo. Phone Post
Robb Wolff was saying potatoes are fine when he was on JRE, just not a lot of them. I'm not eating a lot of potatoes and I'm definitely going to switch to sweet potatoes. Phone Post
On his podcast he also said how he learned at the ancestral health symposium that while white potatoes spiked insulin more than sweet potatoes and yams, they ended up being more nutrient dense. Phone Post
9/18/12 10:47 AM
cdueck
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Increase your fat intake, once you make the switch you will feel amazing. It should take a couple of days for your body to make the change to the new diet but once it does your energy will be almost limitless. 
9/18/12 11:02 AM
UGCTT croy_00
87 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Paleo diet is the best hands down. I eat as much healthy food as I want, all while losing fat and gaining strength. It looks as though I have gained muscle as well, but I think a lot of that can be attributed to having a lower body fat percentage. Phone Post
9/18/12 11:14 AM
UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay

joemama1034 - Yea everyone debates whether or not potatoes are paleo. They are tubers and some people say they are some people say they aren't. Its a lot better than eating some bread though so more power to ya. Phone Post
Yea thats what I figured.

I ate a little last night, like 3 or 4 baby potatoes. Compared to the amount of mashed potatoes I used to eat which was a small mountain I think I'll be OK cutting it down to a really small amount.

I've got pork and sweet potatoes with some greens tonight :)

My prawn salad for lunch was disappointing, didn't enjoy it that much...

Scrambled eggs, ham and some berries for breakfast again. I need some more ideas for breakfast because it looks like I'll be having eggs tomorrow lol. Might try boiling them this time. Phone Post
9/18/12 11:26 AM
The Adversary
368 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yes. We buy the "Simply" brand, it's just juice, not even water is added. I don't think it really matters who does the juicing or how fresh it is, as far as the "rules" go; just as long as it's pure.

That's the other thing, don't get too crazy worried about the rules. Paleo is more of a diet philosophy than a religion, or at least that's how it should be treated. When people get too deep into the "Caveman didn't have it, so I can't" mindset to the point where they won't eat a strawberry or a banana, that's a bit silly.

Sometimes the store doesn't have plantains, but I'm still gonna have my coconut flour muffins goddamnit!.

9/18/12 11:46 AM
Genocide_Junkie
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Adversary -

Yes. We buy the "Simply" brand, it's just juice, not even water is added. I don't think it really matters who does the juicing or how fresh it is, as far as the "rules" go; just as long as it's pure.

That's the other thing, don't get too crazy worried about the rules. Paleo is more of a diet philosophy than a religion, or at least that's how it should be treated. When people get too deep into the "Caveman didn't have it, so I can't" mindset to the point where they won't eat a strawberry or a banana, that's a bit silly.

Sometimes the store doesn't have plantains, but I'm still gonna have my coconut flour muffins goddamnit!.

Boom! Phone Post
9/18/12 9:28 PM
Invisible Lats Syndrome
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay - 

I saw you trying this angle on another thread. I'm not buying it lol. Phone Post

Laugh it off if you want, but deep down you known you're being dishonest with yourself. Claiming to eat a Paleolithic diet while enjoying all these New World crops.
9/19/12 2:18 AM
UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay

UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay - 

Laugh it off if you want, but deep down you known you're being dishonest with yourself. Claiming to eat a Paleolithic diet while enjoying all these New World crops.
Ohh no. I better stop this now because this guy on the internet said I'm doing it wrong :'(

Yea, I'll take my chances. Now kindly fuck off from my thread.

You get a 0/10 for trolling and a super special VTFD that I've been saving, just for you :) Phone Post
9/19/12 3:34 AM
Leigh
762 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

We are essentially monkeys. Would a monkey eat a potato? Probably not. They also don't have juicers. Which is a good thing cos the pulp lowers the GI.

Fruit juice is one of my bulking foods Phone Post
9/19/12 10:53 AM
SmasherSnu

FYI I just ate some delicious chili. It was full of delicious beans, and I washed it down with a tall cool glass of milk.
9/24/12 10:04 AM
Ninjaplata

-get a cupcake/muffin sheet

-line each cup with a single piece bacon (i've been using turkey bacon)

-fill each bacon bowl with eggs (the more you wisk, the more it rises) about half way

-add veggies into egg/bacon bowl (i've been using sauteed kale and green onions)

-bake

=Mini bacon/egg/veggie quiches

-perfect paleo breakfast
-super easy to make
-travels well
-not bad cold
-lunch meat also works, but I prefer bacon
-get creative with the combination of veggies/herbs/spices

9/24/12 11:57 AM
vermonter
89 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Most forms of cooking aren't really paleo. Hence the no potatoes. Cordain goes on at length about their anti-nutrients as well. He does, however, say that other raw roots should be a staple of the peleo diet (e.g. carrots).
9/24/12 11:59 AM
vermonter
89 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Leigh -  We are essentially monkeys. Would a monkey eat a potato? Probably not. They also don't have juicers. Which is a good thing cos the pulp lowers the GI.

Fruit juice is one of my bulking foods Phone Post

You mean apes.

And you are not human, so what's your point. Crazy asian with an english accent that can drink milk. Fucking weird.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.