UnderGround Forums

S&C UnderGround >> First day of Paleo was today.

9/24/12 12:20 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Leigh
974 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LOL go eat a spud
9/25/12 2:19 PM
Just_Scrap
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good luck man... I've been at it for about a year and I'm in the best shape of my life. Check out marksdailyapple.com. He always has some good shit on there. Phone Post
9/26/12 2:30 AM
UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just_Scrap - Good luck man... I've been at it for about a year and I'm in the best shape of my life. Check out marksdailyapple.com. He always has some good shit on there. Phone Post
Will do. Thanks. Phone Post
9/30/12 4:09 AM
Spoonie Luv
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just_Scrap - Good luck man... I've been at it for about a year and I'm in the best shape of my life. Check out marksdailyapple.com. He always has some good shit on there. Phone Post
Been following this blog for a while now...dude is money Phone Post
10/1/12 10:58 AM
Leigh
974 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I find paleo fine and my appetite sorts itself out quite quickly but I get smaller and weaker. Jamming pizzas and burgers down my neck makes me bigger and stronger and improves my recovery.
10/1/12 11:08 AM
UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Leigh - I find paleo fine and my appetite sorts itself out quite quickly but I get smaller and weaker. Jamming pizzas and burgers down my neck makes me bigger and stronger and improves my recovery.
You and I have very different needs :) Phone Post
10/1/12 5:56 PM
joemama1034
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How's it goin Fraser, sticking to it? Phone Post
10/3/12 3:10 AM
UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay

joemama1034 - How's it goin Fraser, sticking to it? Phone Post
Definitely! It's easier than I thought.

Just downed my first ever Kale Shake for Breakfast. 1/2 of a big Cucumber, couple of handfuls of Curly Kale, 1 Stick of Celery, 1 Carrot, 1 Apple, 1 Banana, a hunk of ginger and a little water.

It was OK, I think the next time I make it I'll get rid of the Ginger though lol. Phone Post
10/3/12 3:56 AM
Spoonie Luv

Man I think low carb or paleo is the way to go for sure for health and weight maintenance but I don't know about for happiness. when I'm on it, I miss out on all the sugary goodness and great tasting carb creations. anybody try a month on off approach? Phone Post
10/3/12 9:02 AM
Spoonie Luv

LibraryCard - ^ the problem I found when doing a low carb paleo approach was that when I ate carbs it had a spiral effect where I ended up craving carbs like an animal. Even paleo carbs like fruit would make me crave carbs like a fiend. Sugar is addicting and when you have some you want more.

I'd say low carb paleo is easier to follow than regular paleo because it is sugar free. Sugar is more addicting than any other substance IMO. Phone Post
True. I did well for a while and lost a lot of weight but then I lost my job. Decided I would use my cheat day after several months and stayed at my moms for a week gaining like 18 pounds lol. That cheat day turned into cheat week(of course). Now I'm off of paleo but still practicing intermittent fasting for the most part. Hope to kick the sugar addiction again soon. Phone Post
10/3/12 10:29 AM
JFC1001
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Giving up dairy was harder than I expected. Man I miss milk in my coffee. To me this is the only hard part. Fuck carbs and booze. Phone Post
10/3/12 10:40 AM
UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay

JFC1001 - Giving up dairy was harder than I expected. Man I miss milk in my coffee. To me this is the only hard part. Fuck carbs and booze. Phone Post
I thought giving up milk would be impossible.

I used to drink a minimum of 3 pints of milk a day. It's been easier than I thought to be honest, I've never been much of a coffee drinker so that isn't such a big deal for me. I've basically just replaced everything I used to drink with water. Phone Post
10/17/12 11:24 PM
2nolatch4
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sub Phone Post
10/18/12 4:14 AM
UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay

2nolatch4 - Sub Phone Post
Still going strong :) Phone Post
10/19/12 9:50 AM
ChiliDog
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

First day of paleo today, may have overdone it to start, lol.

had lg handful of blueberries and about 20 dry roasted (no salt) almonds.

then about 30 min later I had 4 hard boiled eggs, and an apple with about 3tbs almond butter.

I feel full now, but more concerned that I may overeat as I had a tendency to do with all other foods. I guess I'll see how I feel come lunchtime. I have 1 chicken breast and a sweet potato with my name on it. Also a small bag of carrots.

dinner most likely will be 2 turkey burgers and salad (will make the dressing with balsamic vin, olive oil, honey and dijon mustard)

10/19/12 10:07 AM
Leigh

How is nut butter, mustard etc paleo? Phone Post
10/19/12 10:30 AM
ChiliDog
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Almonds are paleo so it would stand to reason that raw unsalted almond butter would be as well. there are no other ingredients except raw almonds. I googled plenty of almond butter paleo recipes. If I am way off here please let me know.

http://paleodietlifestyle.com/salad-dressing-and-vinaigrettes/

is where I got the salad dressing recipe. Again, if I am being misdirected/misguided, let me know. There are a shit ton of paleo sites out there and most of them seemed to have similar guidlines recipes.
10/19/12 11:00 AM
Leigh

You could be right, I'm not an authority, I just thought that crunching almonds would leave a crumbly mess rather than a paste. The same way fruit juice is not pale, even if its pure fruit.

Basically, if monkeys (or apes) didn't eat it, I don't really see how its paleo Phone Post
10/19/12 11:01 AM
UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay

If you're ever curious about what food/drink is Paleo then check out www.paleohacks.com

And remember, it's not a religion. If you want something like ketchup then just have it, you will not die.. Phone Post
10/19/12 11:39 AM
ChiliDog

Leigh, I will look at almond butter as 'pre-chewed' almonds, lol. Thx for the input, I do get what you are talking about.

Thx Fraser, I'll check it out, just trying to make things easy on myself. best of luck to you.
10/19/12 12:39 PM
UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay

Leigh - You could be right, I'm not an authority, I just thought that crunching almonds would leave a crumbly mess rather than a paste. The same way fruit juice is not pale, even if its pure fruit.

Basically, if monkeys (or apes) didn't eat it, I don't really see how its paleo Phone Post
I'm doing this diet with one main philosophy:

It's the ingrediets that matter, not what you do with them.

So basically, for example, I occasionaly make huge pots of soup and just throw in every vegetable I can get my hands on, water and some meat like Chicken or whatever. A caveman/hunter gatherer couldn't make soup like that. But I'm not a caveman/hunter gatherer. I don't look at this as "I must live as a caveman" because that is a pretty stupid mindset to have. If that was the case I would have to eat some sabretooth for dinner.

All I'm doing is cutting out foods were not around before agriculture (paleolithic) and eating more food that is good for me like fruits and vegetables.

It's working really well. Phone Post
10/19/12 4:38 PM
Leigh

By that thought process, you could drink fruit juice. I can assure you, that's not a great idea Phone Post
10/19/12 4:47 PM
UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay

Leigh -  By that thought process, you could drink fruit juice. I can assure you, that's not a great idea Phone Post

Yea I've cut out fruit juice. All I drink is water and whatever shit I make in the blender lol.

10/22/12 12:06 AM
blacksamurai

Invisible Lats Syndrome -
joemama1034 -  Potatoes aren't paleo but sweet potatoes are. The welch's fruit juice or anything similar to it isn't paleo. But if u squeeze your own juice from real apples or oranges its paleo. Phone Post

True, potatoes are native to South America and not paleo.

OP mentioned chicken, that's only paleo for the Chinese.
Chicken is not Paleo what about pork wild boar feral hogs maybe? Phone Post
10/22/12 12:08 AM
blacksamurai

Invisible Lats Syndrome -
joemama1034 -  Potatoes aren't paleo but sweet potatoes are. The welch's fruit juice or anything similar to it isn't paleo. But if u squeeze your own juice from real apples or oranges its paleo. Phone Post

True, potatoes are native to South America and not paleo.

OP mentioned chicken, that's only paleo for the Chinese.
I'm black what about in Africa is Paleo different for me? Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.