UnderGround Forums

S&C UnderGround >> First day of Paleo was today.

10/22/12 5:10 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

blacksamurai, if you want to eat chicken, go eat some chicken.

You will not die, it will not ruin your diet, you will be fine. Eat as much chicken as you want. Invisible Lats Syndrome has been trying this troll angle on all Paleo threads but if you read The Paleo Solution by Robb Wolf you understand that it really doesn't matter. Phone Post
10/22/12 9:00 AM
blacksamurai
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Leigh - You could be right, I'm not an authority, I just thought that crunching almonds would leave a crumbly mess rather than a paste. The same way fruit juice is not pale, even if its pure fruit.

Basically, if monkeys (or apes) didn't eat it, I don't really see how its paleo Phone Post
Is shit Paleo apes eat their own shit should you be eating that? Phone Post
10/22/12 9:01 AM
blacksamurai

UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay - blacksamurai, if you want to eat chicken, go eat some chicken.

You will not die, it will not ruin your diet, you will be fine. Eat as much chicken as you want. Invisible Lats Syndrome has been trying this troll angle on all Paleo threads but if you read The Paleo Solution by Robb Wolf you understand that it really doesn't matter. Phone Post
Oh okay is Leigh trying the same troll angle? Phone Post
10/22/12 9:13 AM
UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

blacksamurai - 
UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay - blacksamurai, if you want to eat chicken, go eat some chicken.

Oh okay is Leigh trying the same troll angle? Phone Post

No I think Leigh is genuinely curious and interested.

Paleolithic just means before Agriculture. If a food was around before Agriculture. EAT IT! :)

Buy this book if you want to start Paleo, it's a great source of information: Amazon UK Link or Amazon US Link

10/22/12 11:45 AM
Leigh
759 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Apes do not eat their own shit but by all means, feel free to give it a try. Just don't post the video.
10/23/12 4:11 AM
blacksamurai

Leigh - Apes do not eat their own shit but by all means, feel free to give it a try. Just don't post the video.
I know for a fact Gorillas eat their own shi i've watched it... Phone Post
10/23/12 4:14 AM
Leigh
759 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Maybe some trailer park ghetto gorilla. Its not the norm
10/28/12 5:48 PM
UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay

So last night was the first time I ate something that wasn't allowed in the Paleo Diet. It's not a huge deal to be honest, I had some of my brothers Birthday Cake. It was awesome! :)

1 month and 11 days without cheating. Thats my record, I'm going to break it! :)

I'm not done with Paleo, just had a cheat meal. Phone Post
10/28/12 11:21 PM
OregonChaelClosedDueToBandWagonCrash

UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay - So last night was the first time I ate something that wasn't allowed in the Paleo Diet. It's not a huge deal to be honest, I had some of my brothers Birthday Cake. It was awesome! :)

1 month and 11 days without cheating. Thats my record, I'm going to break it! :)

I'm not done with Paleo, just had a cheat meal. Phone Post
That's a good effort man I still have my morning coffe and beers on the weekend and its still working great for me. A little cheating never hurt anyone. Phone Post
10/29/12 3:08 AM
Leigh

I had a fry up for breakfast and hotdogs for lunch. Sausage comes from an animal and bread is made from grain that grows naturally, so its paleo Phone Post
10/29/12 3:26 AM
UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay

Leigh - I had a fry up for breakfast and hotdogs for lunch. Sausage comes from an animal and bread is made from grain that grows naturally, so its paleo Phone Post
Apart from the bread, you're good to go! Lol :) Phone Post
10/30/12 4:28 AM
JFC1001
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I eat Paleo 99% of the time but if I have had a solid week of training and stuck to my diet 100% then I will have a few beers on a Saturday night with a burger and fries. You have about 35 meals a week. 1-2 reward meals are not going to screw up your progress. Also it's good to have a life as well. Phone Post
11/6/12 5:03 PM
UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay

TTT

Thread on the OG about this topic. Figured I would bump in case anyone wants to read about my journey. Phone Post
11/6/12 5:04 PM
UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay

I'm still going strong by the way. I suppose I'll post a little update while I'm here.

Breakfast on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays is a Kale Shake (I'm not sure if I have posted my recipe here or not, I'll have a look and if I haven't, I'll post it).

Breakfast on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays is eggs and usually bacon. This is because I go to the gym on Mondays, Wednesdays and Saturdays so I have lots of protein rich foods after the gym.

Lunch on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays I have a salad. Usually it is just a tin of tuna, some cut up tomatoes and kale. I should try and find some other vegetables to eat but I really like Kale lol.

Lunch on Tuesdays and Thursdays is a homemade soup that is basically comprised of every vegetable I can get my hands on lol. Sometimes I'll cut some chicken breast into it. It's really good. I'm not really a lunch person on Weekends, just not usually hungry for some reason.

Dinner every night I'll usually just have whatever I want but it will be made up of two things:

1. Any Meat/Fish/Poultry

2. Any Vegetables

I love to experiment with food I've never tried before so I eat a lot of new vegetables and animals that I've never had before.

All I drink is water. And I drink A LOT OF IT! :) Like 3-4 pints a day. Maybe more. Phone Post
11/6/12 5:06 PM
UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay

So far I've seen some great results. I'm clearly losing fat, I have a lot more energy, I'm feeling happier overall. I actually just noticed yesterday that I've been smiling a lot more lately. Phone Post
11/13/12 3:41 AM
JFC1001
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Giving up dairy is a bitch though. Jesus that is tough. Cheese. Who doesn't like cheese?. Phone Post
11/13/12 6:00 AM
UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay

JFC1001 - Giving up dairy is a bitch though. Jesus that is tough. Cheese. Who doesn't like cheese?. Phone Post
I love cheese and milk. I love dairy!

I just do without, isn't as hard as I thought it would be... Phone Post
11/13/12 10:26 AM
vermonter
88 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/26/12 11:16 AM
blacksamurai - 
Invisible Lats Syndrome -
joemama1034 - 

Potatoes aren't paleo but sweet potatoes are. The welch's fruit juice or anything similar to it isn't paleo. But if u squeeze your own juice from real apples or oranges its paleo. Phone Post

True, potatoes are native to South America and not paleo.

OP mentioned chicken, that's only paleo for the Chinese.

I'm black what about in Africa is Paleo different for me? Phone Post

Raw meat, raw milk, and raw blood is pretty traditional. For the Maasai anyway. True paleo african diets are pretty varied.
11/15/12 4:45 AM
falkofire
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JFC1001 - Giving up dairy is a bitch though. Jesus that is tough. Cheese. Who doesn't like cheese?. Phone Post
For me these choices are

Do you want to eat cheese ?

Or

Do you want to be losing fat, have a lot more energy, And feeling happier overall?

No one hates cheese tho :) nom
Nom Phone Post
11/26/12 11:19 AM
UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay

hornytoad7 - Any updates on your progress?
Certainly.

I'm still following a paleolithic diet and I have to say I'm very pleased with the results. For the first time in years I am able to fit into an XL shirt when I regularly wear XXL's. I've lost a lot of fat, I'm stronger than I have ever been, fitter than I have ever been, leaner than I have ever been etc. It's probably one of the best decisions I have made, generally I am a lot happier now.

Paleo really isn't that hard. I haven't had any cravings for bread or milk and don't get me wrong, I have cheated a couple times but I'm only human.

I thought this would be a little phase for a couple days then I would start scoffing shit food again but I haven't, I've stuck to this and I'm glad I did. Phone Post
11/29/12 4:45 AM
JIMMYNAKS
301 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

A little late to the party but...

*Subscribed
11/29/12 5:19 AM
OregonChaelClosedDueToBandWagonCrash

Done paleo for a few months had great results. Changed it up bit so the 3 days I do weights I eat some oats and brown rice for pre workout energy. Phone Post
11/30/12 8:40 AM
UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay

Edited: 11/30/12 8:40 AM

Trying to up my water intake is proving to be pretty hard. I'm trying to drink at least a gallon a day (8 pints) and I find there just isn't enough time in the day to have 8 pints of water, lol. I try to have one as soon as I wake up, one after breakfast, two during the day (absolutely choking for a piss around 3 or 4 PM) I'll maybe have one about 4ish and one after the gym (like around 7:30 PM) and one with dinner.

Thats only 7 and that is a good day for me. I should be able to do it if I take a couple of bottles of water to the gym, usually at the gym I don't drink a lot of water but I will take sips from the fountain in between sets or during rest periods etc.

It's annoying having to piss like 5 times a day, but it will be worth it in the long run. :)

11/30/12 11:24 AM
UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay

Kid Charlemagne - ^ idk if it'd be appropriate where u work but I keep a gallon jug of water w me and make sure to have at least half done by the end of lunch (I workout in morning). So that works for me. Also I find it important to make sure I'm getting plenty of salts. Sometimes when people switch to paleo or keto, a large portion of salt is inherently removed from their diet.

When you're drinking a lot of water to begin with, it's only natural to assume you'll be going to the bathroom a lot. I've noticed that for me, when I began supplementing salts, Im not having to go to the bathroom as much. Phone Post
Yea I think that is the next logical step. I'm going out for a haircut tomorrow (another thing about Paleo, I've noticed my hair and nails grow a lot faster, lol) so I'll try to pick up a gallon jug when I'm out. Phone Post
11/30/12 3:57 PM
soreshins
196 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sub Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.