UnderGround Forums

S&C UnderGround >> First day of Paleo was today.

11/30/12 4:01 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
OregonChaelClosedDueToBandWagonCrash
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You only piss 5 times a day?

11/30/12 4:02 PM
Takedown
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

A favorite paleo recipe of mine is coconut crusted chicken pan-fried in coconut oil, with green beans & sweet potatoes. The family loves this one for dinner, and it makes for great leftovers for lunch as well.
11/30/12 4:02 PM
1800champagne

UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay -

Trying to up my water intake is proving to be pretty hard. I'm trying to drink at least a gallon a day (8 pints) and I find there just isn't enough time in the day to have 8 pints of water, lol. I try to have one as soon as I wake up, one after breakfast, two during the day (absolutely choking for a piss around 3 or 4 PM) I'll maybe have one about 4ish and one after the gym (like around 7:30 PM) and one with dinner.

Thats only 7 and that is a good day for me. I should be able to do it if I take a couple of bottles of water to the gym, usually at the gym I don't drink a lot of water but I will take sips from the fountain in between sets or during rest periods etc.

It's annoying having to piss like 5 times a day, but it will be worth it in the long run. :)

Why do you need to drink so much water? Phone Post
11/30/12 4:33 PM
UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OregonChaelClosedDueToBandWagonCrash -

You only piss 5 times a day?

I wasn't being serious at that point. Just posted the first number that popped into my head which turned out to be 5, in hindsight I should have said something else lol. Phone Post
11/30/12 4:34 PM
UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

1800champagne -
UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay -

Trying to up my water intake is proving to be pretty hard. I'm trying to drink at least a gallon a day (8 pints) and I find there just isn't enough time in the day to have 8 pints of water, lol. I try to have one as soon as I wake up, one after breakfast, two during the day (absolutely choking for a piss around 3 or 4 PM) I'll maybe have one about 4ish and one after the gym (like around 7:30 PM) and one with dinner.

Thats only 7 and that is a good day for me. I should be able to do it if I take a couple of bottles of water to the gym, usually at the gym I don't drink a lot of water but I will take sips from the fountain in between sets or during rest periods etc.

It's annoying having to piss like 5 times a day, but it will be worth it in the long run. :)

Why do you need to drink so much water? Phone Post
I've read and heard from multiple sources that drinking a gallon of water a day is very beneficial for you and will help you lose fat, the whole reason I am doing Paleo in the first place. Phone Post
11/30/12 4:39 PM
Ham and Egger
97 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Takedown - A favorite paleo recipe of mine is coconut crusted chicken pan-fried in coconut oil, with green beans & sweet potatoes. The family loves this one for dinner, and it makes for great leftovers for lunch as well.

recipe plz
11/30/12 11:00 PM
Mihow

recipe the coconut crusted chicken

starting paleo tomorrow

gonna go along with the Insanity workout plus weights I've already started ...
12/3/12 12:48 AM
Invisible Lats Syndrome

blacksamurai - 
Invisible Lats Syndrome -
joemama1034 -  Potatoes aren't paleo but sweet potatoes are. The welch's fruit juice or anything similar to it isn't paleo. But if u squeeze your own juice from real apples or oranges its paleo. Phone Post

True, potatoes are native to South America and not paleo.

OP mentioned chicken, that's only paleo for the Chinese.
I'm black what about in Africa is Paleo different for me? Phone Post

North or South?
12/3/12 12:54 AM
Invisible Lats Syndrome

blacksamurai - 
Invisible Lats Syndrome -
joemama1034 -  Potatoes aren't paleo but sweet potatoes are. The welch's fruit juice or anything similar to it isn't paleo. But if u squeeze your own juice from real apples or oranges its paleo. Phone Post

True, potatoes are native to South America and not paleo.

OP mentioned chicken, that's only paleo for the Chinese.
Chicken is not Paleo what about pork wild boar feral hogs maybe? Phone Post

Pigs are Paleo as long as you aren't Australian Aboriginal or Eskimo.
1/9/13 4:08 AM
joemama1034
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT hows it going?!
1/9/13 1:48 PM
Taku
144 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I am a fan of "PALEO" style P.E.P.'s. Not a fan of all the cult like stuff that surrounds them. Ultimately one must create a plan that works for them. BTW...From today, a face off between White and Sweet potato:

LINK:http://tinyurl.com/au2l8eu

To me looks like Sweet wins that battle...

Anyway.

TAKU

1/9/13 1:58 PM
ScottishSkirtWearersTopTeam

Yea things are going good.

I strayed a little bit over the holidays but I expected that. I'm not a robot, it's Christmas, lol.

But yea I'm fully back on it 100%. The gym I go to was closed over the holidays so the first time I was back was Monday. I'm fully back into the swing of things.

Still shrinking, I actually don't have a lot of body fat anywhere except my stomach and even then that is progressively getting smaller. Phone Post
1/9/13 7:37 PM
OregonChaelClosedDueToBandWagonCrash

ScottishSkirtWearersTopTeam - Yea things are going good.

I strayed a little bit over the holidays but I expected that. I'm not a robot, it's Christmas, lol.

But yea I'm fully back on it 100%. The gym I go to was closed over the holidays so the first time I was back was Monday. I'm fully back into the swing of things.

Still shrinking, I actually don't have a lot of body fat anywhere except my stomach and even then that is progressively getting smaller. Phone Post
Good stuff!

Nice SN btw;) Phone Post
1/10/13 2:43 AM

OregonChaelClosedDueToBandWagonCrash -
ScottishSkirtWearersTopTeam - Yea things are going good.

Good stuff!

Nice SN btw;) Phone Post
Aha! Thanks man :)

I think I get to change it back on Monday! :D Phone Post
1/10/13 8:18 PM
Bull_in_chinashop
79 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The science of Paleo is garbage, but if you're looking for weight loss, a diet high in lean protein, high fiber and removal of processed carbs will work very well. but that's just common sense, without the marketing.

1/10/13 9:20 PM
WillyMaunawili
135 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ninjaplata - -get a cupcake/muffin sheet

-line each cup with a single piece bacon (i've been using turkey bacon)

-fill each bacon bowl with eggs (the more you wisk, the more it rises) about half way

-add veggies into egg/bacon bowl (i've been using sauteed kale and green onions)

-bake

=Mini bacon/egg/veggie quiches

-perfect paleo breakfast
-super easy to make
-travels well
-not bad cold
-lunch meat also works, but I prefer bacon
-get creative with the combination of veggies/herbs/spices

Temp and bake time?

Sounds delicious Phone Post
1/11/13 2:39 AM

Bull_in_chinashop -

The science of Paleo is garbage, but if you're looking for weight loss, a diet high in lean protein, high fiber and removal of processed carbs will work very well. but that's just common sense, without the marketing.

Ohh well, it's working for me and that's all that matters, lol. Phone Post
1/11/13 5:24 PM
Jorx
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I had pasta and pizza for lunch at 3 pm and felt really good and full for the rest of the day. Still not hungry at midnight.

Just starting to listen to my body and not follow any "regime" was the best thing I ever did nutrition wise.

Like was said previously - protein, veggies, not too many fats, not too many processed carbs... common sense.

P.S. I really vouch for Alan Aragon's Research Review as well.
1/15/13 1:28 AM
Genocide_Junkie
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bull_in_chinashop -

Lol I'd love to see you debate that with Robb Wolf. Phone Post
1/15/13 8:24 AM
Bull_in_chinashop
79 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/15/13 8:25 AM

There are plenty of people who have had discussions/debates with Rob on this. The old Crossfit board was full of them.

Let's be practical for a minute: He was a biochemist who had an opinion, found "research" that supported his claims (despite the overwhelming amount of research that said contrary) and decided to publish a book on his diet.

As I've said before, the diet will work for many people because aside from his specific food restictions, ANY diet that promotes lean protein, high fiber vegetables, small amounts of fruit and healthy fats is an excellent way to live! That's the way my family ate growing up on the farm. That's just good common sense to many people.

Paleo isn't garbage because it doesn't work. It's garbage because the premise is flawed, and that is supported by thousands of men and women in the medical and scientific field.

Here is a very good article from Scientific American that approaches this from a very level-minded and neutral perspective, (not some other dietician/author with an axe to grind)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/23/ancient-humans-vegetarians-paleolithic-diet_n_1695228.html

1/15/13 8:38 AM
Fabes
150 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator

"Paleo isn't garbage because it doesn't work. It's garbage because the premise is flawed, and that is supported by thousands of men and women in the medical and scientific field."

You take your science and common sense elsewhere bub!

1/22/13 10:02 PM
rhino x2
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sub
1/24/13 11:22 PM
thebadguy10
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

been paleo for a month

lost 10 lbs.

Zero excercise. I love it. its more of a lifestyle now and the cravings aren't bad.

gluck to the rest of you.
1/25/13 3:18 AM
Vitor Me A New One

thebadguy10 - been paleo for a month

lost 10 lbs.

Zero excercise. I love it. its more of a lifestyle now and the cravings aren't bad.

gluck to the rest of you.
The cravings get worse as time goes on, trust me, lol.

You should try mixing it up with some exercise, diet will only take you so far. Even if it's just a 30 minute run before breakfast or something it will rapidly increase the amount of weight you lose.

Just remember that you're not in a cult and you're not a robot. Nobody expects you to stay strict Paleo for the rest of your life, if you eat a slice of bread or drink a glass of milk every once in a while you won't be punished by anyone or gain all the weight you have lost back immediately. Phone Post
1/25/13 3:36 AM
kikenyoy
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I agree with Vitor...robots definitely aren't paleo.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.