UnderGround Forums

S&C UnderGround >> First day of Paleo was today.

1/25/13 4:41 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Vitor Me A New One
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

kikenyoy - I agree with Vitor...robots definitely aren't paleo.
Lol, I'm the OP by the way.

And yes, to my knowledge there are no Paleolithic Cyborgs. Not even Cris or Evangelista are Paleo... Phone Post
1/25/13 6:41 AM
Tilla
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

@ Vitor - How much weight have you lost since going Paleo? What was you then and what are you now?
1/25/13 6:51 AM
Vitor Me A New One
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tilla - @ Vitor - How much weight have you lost since going Paleo? What was you then and what are you now?
Ahh, I was just thinking about that the other day.

I wish I took my starting weight down when I started this, if I remember correctly I was about 260lbs ish before Paleo. Now, I have no idea what I weigh, I don't have a scale in my house, lol.

What I can tell you is that I look and feel better than ever before, I am visibly a lot slimmer. For example, I can see all my ribs when I inhale now, lol. I can fit into an XL shirt when before I was an XXL. Things like that are the things I have noticed.

Tell you what, I'll try and find out my weight and I'll post it here as soon as I do. Phone Post
1/26/13 12:40 PM
blacksamurai

JFC1001 - Giving up dairy was harder than I expected. Man I miss milk in my coffee. To me this is the only hard part. Fuck carbs and booze. Phone Post
Coconut milk dude... Phone Post
1/26/13 1:17 PM
blacksamurai

Bull_in_chinashop -

The science of Paleo is garbage, but if you're looking for weight loss, a diet high in lean protein, high fiber and removal of processed carbs will work very well. but that's just common sense, without the marketing.

What marketing i never heard of Paleo, and Gluten free diets from the OG i worked at Whole Foods 5 yrs ago they had gluten free bread and other alternatives i never once thought to try that or was persuaded to try that diet till i heard Nick Diaz was gluten free.... Phone Post
1/26/13 5:54 PM
hubbarocks
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sub for Turkey bacon veggie quiche. Phone Post
1/29/13 9:47 PM
Flow Blitzer
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

please don't chop my head off here but i think i get the jist of this paleo thing but can someone give me the highlights?

I mean I get the lots of meat and protein but how much?
Is this a diet for bulking up? or just a diet in general?

I sit at 175 and I'm 5'10"..I'd say my body type is skinny fat...I just started hittin the gym hard about 3 weeks ago and im lookin to just be more lean...

Is paleo right for me?
1/30/13 6:44 AM
Bigbrockfanuk
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm struggling with a good strength training program.

Plus how much fruit is to much? For example is 2 apples and 2 bananas to much a day, I am trying to loose weight mainly the fat round my stomach. Phone Post
1/30/13 11:10 AM
joemama1034
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Eating less fruit and more veggies would definitely help. But eating two apples and two bananas is better than eating candy and pop and shit. Phone Post
1/30/13 12:12 PM
Bigbrockfanuk
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

joemama1034 - Eating less fruit and more veggies would definitely help. But eating two apples and two bananas is better than eating candy and pop and shit. Phone Post
That's a good way of thinking Phone Post
1/30/13 12:43 PM
imkeithhernandez
97 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ya I've been on it for a month..miss cereal ..almond milk..and protein bars... definitely seeing a change though..but I'm sure I'm eating too much fruit but gotta feel full somehow Phone Post
1/30/13 3:53 PM
thebadguy10
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Vitor Me A New One - 
thebadguy10 - been paleo for a month

lost 10 lbs.

Zero excercise. I love it. its more of a lifestyle now and the cravings aren't bad.

gluck to the rest of you.
The cravings get worse as time goes on, trust me, lol.

You should try mixing it up with some exercise, diet will only take you so far. Even if it's just a 30 minute run before breakfast or something it will rapidly increase the amount of weight you lose.

Just remember that you're not in a cult and you're not a robot. Nobody expects you to stay strict Paleo for the rest of your life, if you eat a slice of bread or drink a glass of milk every once in a while you won't be punished by anyone or gain all the weight you have lost back immediately. Phone Post

Can't excercise bc of surgery. The cravings have disappeared actually. I have no desire for all that shit I left. On week six now. 12 lbs total. When I'm recovered ill be excercising. But so far I feel great.
2/10/13 9:50 PM
Vitor Me A New One

Picking up the intensity as of tomorrow. Working harder at the gym, changing my routine. Going for runs in the morning 2 to 3 times a week, EVERY week this time. Really, really tightening my diet.

I managed to figure out that I've lost like 40-45 pounds since September if anyone is interested. And there is no way in hell I'm stopping now!

It's time to lose even more! :) Phone Post
1/12/14 2:00 PM
ghost of KVR
597 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TheHomeSteadingBoards.com, Owner

updates?

1/12/14 2:20 PM
Jacks Wasted Life
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've been eating Paleoish for 8 weeks now and am down 18lbs. I regularly eat a little bit of dairy (slice of cheese in my eggs every day and a tall glass of whole milk once a week after lifting) so I'm not 100% Paleo but it's working so I'm not worried about it.

Cravings aren't bad for me at all. I typically have 1 non-Paleo cheat meal a week so I can eat anything I want. I sometimes go overboard and feel pretty shitty after this meal, so it's not hard to get right back on Paleo the following morning.

Regardless of the science or lack thereof for Paleo, I feel 100% better cutting out grains. Phone Post 3.0
1/12/14 4:57 PM
Ryazzo
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Also have been paleoish and have felt so much better, also see my jawline getting tighter and my abs. I still eat yogurt and cheeses and whey protein. But Ive cut grain and simple sugars and began shopping all natural and organic.

Highly recommended.

(On a side note I did get a killer craving for some sweets and my wife made paleo cookies with dark chocolate and almond flour, they were awesome , still not something id do often but it did kill the crave.)
1/12/14 5:00 PM
Ryazzo
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Oh and I made a chili with carrot and celery instead of kidney beans, took like 5 hours to slow cook, but holy crap it was good

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.