UnderGround Forums

Money, Business & Finance Ground >> Anyone buy tax liens?

9/18/12 12:16 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
LeftBench
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tips? Experiences? I'm in NJ and looking into it.
9/18/12 9:50 PM
Twelve Gage
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fightlogs.com, Owner
 I've been thinking about trying that in AZ this next year as well.  Let me know how it goes.  Good luck.
10/14/12 6:01 PM
justin@gosscpa.com
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Justin Goss, CPA, MSA
This can be shark infested waters... More experienced tax lien investors may bid you up just to screw with you.

Even if you pull-off a good bid, things can be ugly... You'll likely have to pay the sheriff to do an eviction (get ready to replace the door and door frame). And pay a realtor to sell the place, which has likely been sabotaged by the previous occupant.

If you've already made up your mind, please don't let me discourage you. I once had a high net-worth client make an absurd amount of money on one tax lien, but they're heartless, cunning, and patient.
12/14/12 4:24 PM
myersei
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Huge risk of time and energy. Better places to find returns exist out there.
12/16/12 11:33 PM
turducken
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

justin@gosscpa.com - This can be shark infested waters... More experienced tax lien investors may bid you up just to screw with you.

Even if you pull-off a good bid, things can be ugly... You'll likely have to pay the sheriff to do an eviction (get ready to replace the door and door frame). And pay a realtor to sell the place, which has likely been sabotaged by the previous occupant.

If you've already made up your mind, please don't let me discourage you. I once had a high net-worth client make an absurd amount of money on one tax lien, but they're heartless, cunning, and patient.

*facepalm* in practically every state, tax liens are bid DOWN, so you clearly do not know what you are talking about. a tax lien auction starts with the highest allowable interest rate, and then bidders bid down and whoever ends with the lowest interest rate wins.
12/27/12 7:01 AM
justin@gosscpa.com
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Justin Goss, CPA, MSA
turducken - 
justin@gosscpa.com - This can be shark infested waters... More experienced tax lien investors may bid you up just to screw with you.

*facepalm* in practically every state, tax liens are bid DOWN, so you clearly do not know what you are talking about. a tax lien auction starts with the highest allowable interest rate, and then bidders bid down and whoever ends with the lowest interest rate wins.

Oops, I meant "down" but, there is a bidding process in which experienced sharks are probably participating. My point stands.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.