UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Will Bisping stand with Stann?

9/18/12 12:34 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1167 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Middleweight contender Michael Bisping fights Brian Stann at UFC 152 in Toronto on Saturday. Bisping has said repeatedly that he intends to go toe-to-toe with the American.

“I have the advantage,” Bisping told ESPN.com. “He has some punching power, but that’s it. I’m a way better boxer and a way better kickboxer. I’m faster, have better head movement and better foot movement.

“I recognize that he’s knocked some people out, but I have a good chin. I’ve been stopped just once in my career by Dan Henderson, and there’s no shame in that.”

“I want to put this guy away; I want to make an example of him. I have nothing against Brian Stann, but I want to send the message out that I’m the No. 1 middleweight contender. I’m going to put a beating on this guy. I’m not leaving it to the judges and get robbed again.

“I’m very confident I can put this guy away within three rounds. I’m predicting a second-round knockout or TKO. And I’m going for it 100 percent.”

While the fans are anticipating Bisping's predicted stand up battle, Stann is not convinced.

“I welcome him standing with me and trading shots,” Stann told ESPN.com. “That’s an area where it’s always been one of my best opportunities to win fights.

“But I don’t think that’s exactly what he is going to do. He'll use his footwork. He’s not a pocket-puncher-type of guy. He’s a stick-and-move-type of guy.”

Even when confronted with Stann's doubts, Bisping holds firm.

“I stand with every one of my opponents, so why should Brian Stann be any different?” Bisping said. “He’s the one coming into the lion’s den with me. We’ll see what happens.”

For his part, Stann voices a willingness to win where ever it goes.

“I’m not expecting Michael to go out there and get into a kickboxing match with me. Mike’s going to try to mix it up, and that’s fine with me, too.

“I’m very excited to surprise him in the other realms of mixed martial arts. I feel he’s underestimating me in my other skills and that’s fine; I’m not going to tell him how good I am, I’m going to show him...”

We'll find out Saturday night.

Read entire article...

9/18/12 12:51 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Chimonos Revenge
266 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

9/18/12 12:53 PM
Chimonos Revenge
266 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I hope its a standing battle.
9/18/12 12:55 PM
Chimp Strength
121 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If Bisping stands with Stann he's a fool. He needs to put him on his back and take away his power. Phone Post
9/18/12 12:59 PM
nomoRomophobia
209 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i don't see that Bisping will have a choice.
He's no Chael.

I like this fight alot. Great potential.
9/18/12 1:08 PM
Frobenius
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bisping will stand with him, but he won't be standing still. Bispings superior footwork and ability to cut angles is what will really count against Stann. I see him toying with Stann for a round, draining his cardio and getting him frustrated. Then, in the second, BANG, he KO's Stan with a headkick.
9/18/12 1:09 PM
Hansumboy

Bisping will stand with him at first, outwork him on the feet but if he gets a chance to put him on his back he will take it. Either way, I have Bisping by UD.
9/18/12 1:57 PM
3rdLion
229 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dosantowned - 
Hansumboy - Bisping will stand with him at first, outwork him on the feet but if he gets a chance to put him on his back he will take it. Either way, I have Bisping by UD.

Did you spell flop out lazy jabs and back peddle wrong?

Did you spell 82% finish rate wrong?
9/18/12 1:59 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
558 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He will take Stann down if he's smart. Bisping gets tagged and hurt by right hands a lot. If Stann's connects he will finish Bisping.
9/18/12 2:00 PM
Chimp Strength
121 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

3rdLion -
Dosantowned - 
Hansumboy - Bisping will stand with him at first, outwork him on the feet but if he gets a chance to put him on his back he will take it. Either way, I have Bisping by UD.

Did you spell flop out lazy jabs and back peddle wrong?

Did you spell 82% finish rate wrong?
Haha Phone Post
9/18/12 2:24 PM
Frobenius

Warzone209 - 
Frobenius - Bisping will stand with him, but he won't be standing still. Bispings superior footwork and ability to cut angles is what will really count against Stann. I see him toying with Stann for a round, draining his cardio and getting him frustrated. Then, in the second, BANG, he KO's Stan with a headkick.

buhaha...the headkick sealed the deal hahah

tbh, having you disagree with me just adds to my credibility
9/18/12 4:58 PM
buckshot44
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pillow fists Bisping will knock the breaks off Stann!

Or will he....?
9/18/12 5:29 PM
ranier wolfcastle
995 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i think he'll stand long enough  to make stann think hes gonna keep trading, then he'll shoot...
9/18/12 5:44 PM
yellow wrkahlc
103 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ranier wolfcastle -  i think he'll stand long enough  to make stann think hes gonna keep trading, then he'll shoot...

Voted up for calling it before it happens.
9/18/12 5:51 PM
3rdLion
229 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ranier wolfcastle -  i think he'll stand long enough  to make stann think hes gonna keep trading, then he'll shoot...

Yeah he's wise to do so too, I see Bisping getting a sub this fight actually, he's been training with great grapplers like Dean Lister and Ricky Lundell IIRC.
9/18/12 5:52 PM
OMGClayGuida

I believe if they do keep it standing, Bisping will technically out strike Stann.

If Stann can't land that big power shot, he will likely be picked apart. Phone Post
9/18/12 5:53 PM
Jonesbonedpage

Bisping by tko he will punch stann in the face like 40 times and stand will fall to the relentless swarm that bisping will poor on him ! Phone Post
9/18/12 6:48 PM
showbizconnor
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bisping wins this however he wants, he's better everyware,

Stand got big, big power but so has leben?

Bisping moves and outpoints him for the most but with take him down and mixes it up with his ground and pound?

He won't knock stab out IMO but he wins it clearly on points Phone Post
9/18/12 7:15 PM
yellow wrkahlc
103 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

showbizconnor -  Bisping wins this however he wants, he's better everyware,

Stand got big, big power but so has leben?

Bisping moves and outpoints him for the most but with take him down and mixes it up with his ground and pound?

He won't knock stab out IMO but he wins it clearly on points Phone Post

I'd say Stann is more technical than Leben...

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.