UnderGround Forums

GeekGround >> New York Comic-Con

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

9/26/12 11:50 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Kneeblock
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

soriel -  Fridays costume might be generic but it's for a group I'm with and we're all the movie characters. Movie Bucky, movie cap, movie red skull... I'm not exactly a Peggy Carter so that left me with limited options. Phone Post

Maybe go as Arnim Zola?
9/27/12 3:40 AM
Leigh
1186 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

soriel, start a thread with your comicon pics and your karma will fly up. Whether you're hot or not, you'll get votes for being a geek
9/27/12 7:38 AM
soriel
192 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

As has been established, I'm not exactly the sexy type. Hence why I don't go for more sexy cosplays. Slave leia will probably be as close as I get to doing a sexy cosplay.

And I'm genuinely not too concerned about the whole karma thing. If I get voted up yay. If not, I won't lose sleep over it. I'm just in it for the cosplay. I'm that nerd, go figure. Phone Post
10/2/12 11:33 AM
soriel
192 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Little over a week til the con! Who all is going? Phone Post
10/2/12 3:16 PM
jkd_guy
554 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Im there. Not sure of the day yet.

Not counting guests/panelists...is there a difference between Friday vs Saturday vs Sunday
10/2/12 4:01 PM
soriel

Not to my knowledge. Usually the best costumes are on Saturday. Saturday is usually the most crowded day. Sunday everyone is kind of packing up and leaving. Saddest day of the con :( Phone Post
10/2/12 4:19 PM
Augie Max
171 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10/02/12 4:49 PM
MMARoundup.com
Chango1385 -  You should cosplay as MODOK lol
j/k Phone Post

LOL!

I might try and go Sunday.  I see tickets are sold out online.  How hard is it to get tickets AT the show?

10/2/12 4:25 PM
jkd_guy
554 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

frack...sat and sunday are sold out.

guess I'll be going on Friday then.
10/2/12 5:04 PM
Chango1385
117 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

soriel - As has been established, I'm not exactly the sexy type. Hence why I don't go for more sexy cosplays. Slave leia will probably be as close as I get to doing a sexy cosplay.

And I'm genuinely not too concerned about the whole karma thing. If I get voted up yay. If not, I won't lose sleep over it. I'm just in it for the cosplay. I'm that nerd, go figure. Phone Post
Soriel, my wife thinks you are sexy and can't wait to see your cosplays Phone Post
10/2/12 5:47 PM
soriel

Chango1385 -
soriel - As has been established, I'm not exactly the sexy type. Hence why I don't go for more sexy cosplays. Slave leia will probably be as close as I get to doing a sexy cosplay.

Soriel, my wife thinks you are sexy and can't wait to see your cosplays Phone Post
Your wife is an absolute sweetheart and I adore her. And her cosplay. Phone Post
10/3/12 1:40 PM
Kneeblock
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

jkd_guy - frack...sat and sunday are sold out.

guess I'll be going on Friday then.

Hey man, you can usually still buy tickets at the comic stores even if NYCC is sold out. Back to Midtown for us. What's good with Stickgrappler? Are we taking him willingly or by force?
10/3/12 2:11 PM
jkd_guy

^ good idea!

just tried:
Midtown
forbidden planet
cosmic comics (now they are Manhattan Comics)
Jim Hanleys Universe

all do not have them
:(

looks like Friday, lol

I just sent a text to stick, havent heard back...doubt he will make it
10/3/12 4:01 PM
Leigh
1186 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I may have asked this before but would my 6 year old enjoy a comicon? He loves super heroes. However, flights from the uk aren't cheap just for a weekend event Phone Post
10/4/12 2:48 AM
Kneeblock

No tickets left it seems for the good days Leigh.

If you're going to take him though, Sunday is the day as it's "kids day."

There's truly something for everyone at big shows like this, but I'd say put it off til he's 8 or so.

Have you ever been to Mark Millar's Kapow con over in the UK?
10/4/12 7:51 AM
Leigh

OK thanks. No I have not, I think RDUK mentioned cons over here, I will check it out Phone Post
10/4/12 9:24 AM
RedDragonUK
707 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Im going to Ka pow next year again its big for a UK con. Your little one would like the toys and games section and lots of comics and graphic novels as expected at knock down prices. Lots of cosplayers usually. I didnt see any scary ones last time maybe one weirdo in a horror suit but mostly superheroes.

Sure hed be fine with it. As long as you dont plan on queing for hours to meet the stars that kinda sucks so i didnt bother. I just stayed in artist alley to to take noted most of the time. Phone Post
10/4/12 11:48 AM
Leigh

What's the date? If possible I'll take him. Where is it and how much?

Cheers mate :) Phone Post
10/4/12 1:37 PM
Kneeblock

jkd_guy - ^ good idea!

just tried:
Midtown
forbidden planet
cosmic comics (now they are Manhattan Comics)
Jim Hanleys Universe

all do not have them
:(

looks like Friday, lol

I just sent a text to stick, havent heard back...doubt he will make it

I'm in for Friday, but during the day. Barely made it.
10/4/12 1:40 PM
Augie Max
171 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMARoundup.com
Leigh -  I may have asked this before but would my 6 year old enjoy a comicon? He loves super heroes. However, flights from the uk aren't cheap just for a weekend event Phone Post

You ever hear of the Northants International Comic Expo (N.I.C.E)?

10/4/12 4:52 PM
Leigh

No but will Google. Thanks :) Phone Post
10/4/12 4:55 PM
Leigh

Both kapow and nice are over for this year :( Phone Post
10/4/12 8:03 PM
Zenoplata
172 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm just here for pics of soriel. This thread does not deliver.

10/5/12 12:56 AM
soriel

Because its not NYCC yet. I can't post pics of a con I have yet to be at. Phone Post
10/5/12 5:31 AM
RedDragonUK
707 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah Kapows been for this year Leigh I didnt make it but like I said next summer im going to try make some cons. Usually one in Bristol down your way that may not have happened yet. Phone Post
10/5/12 5:42 AM
Leigh

Yes, there is a small one but its sci fi and fantasy, which he's not really into. I think he'd love a big expo with all the cosplayers.

There is also London Comic Con at the Excel on Oct 27th-28th but I'm out of the country :( That one would be good

If you remember, let me know in advance which ones you'll be going to or which are worth it and I'll try to get along.

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.