UnderGround Forums

S&C UnderGround >> Working biceps/triceps

9/18/12 5:58 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
FearTheClown
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This is the system I'm about to employ..

Mon, Tue, Wed, Thur - 250 bicep curls every evening (for biceps), 250 pushups every evening (for chest/triceps)

Fri, Sat, Sun - Recovery period

I'm usually busy going out during weekends hence why I've chosen to pack in the exercise during the first 4 days of the week.

Will this be effective?
Are there any flaws to this method?
9/18/12 8:38 PM
OregonChaelClosedDueToBandWagonCrash
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lol I hope this is a troll Phone Post
9/18/12 9:42 PM
Rusty Shackleford
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Only one way to find out. Report back with results. Phone Post
9/19/12 2:29 PM
FearTheClown
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OregonChaelClosedDueToBandWagonCrash -  Lol I hope this is a troll Phone Post

???
9/19/12 3:30 PM
shadallion
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So 25 sets of 10 reps of just bicept curls?
9/19/12 4:09 PM
k1levelstriking
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Don't forget to add in some traps, bro Phone Post
9/19/12 5:25 PM
Leigh
729 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Most definitely in Phone Post
9/19/12 5:27 PM
imkeithhernandez
99 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Do diamond pushups for your triceps...do standard and wide pushups for your chest...idk where to start with your curls...kind of overkill...id work on hammer curls for your bicep peak and preacher curls too...the # of sets depends on the weight you're moving Phone Post
9/19/12 5:42 PM
DaddyRich
83 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/19/12 5:42 PM
250 bicep curls is a lot. You may want to do these on a squat rack for support. I find picking up the curl bar from the floor and back down for high sets really puts undo stress on my arms.
9/19/12 6:41 PM
dizz
554 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Seconded on the squat rack comment
9/19/12 6:43 PM

DaddyRich - 250 bicep curls is a lot. You may want to do these on a squat rack for support. I find picking up the curl bar from the floor and back down for high sets really puts undo stress on my arms.
Lmao! Phone Post
9/19/12 6:47 PM
kyle47129
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Make sure you tell those idiots doing squats in your curl rack to get out of your way. Phone Post
9/19/12 9:18 PM
FearTheClown

I probably should have been more specific because reading it back it does seem like a bit much..

I'm using dumbells for the curls and when I'm counting, I count 1 for each arm. So technically for both arms its only 125 bicep curls.

Plus the dumbells aren't that heavy atm because I want to get the correct form down and build strength before making them heavier.
9/19/12 10:02 PM
imkeithhernandez
99 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If thats the case Id prolly do a pyramid workout....that will help with form early and strength late Phone Post
9/19/12 10:08 PM
imkeithhernandez

Ex...1.2.3.4.5.6.7.8.9.10.9.8.7.6.5.4.3.2.1= 100....early on and at the end really work your form...if it slacks in the middle it wont be too bad Phone Post
9/19/12 11:04 PM

Don't do biceps when your starting out. If you insist 2 sets of close grip chin ups and 2 sets of dumbbell curls once week is plenty.

I know your probably trolling but dude do some fucken research. Training your biceps 4 days in a row won't do shit. Phone Post
9/19/12 11:11 PM
DefenseSoapFan1
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Don't listen to these losers, they don't even lift bro.

Your plan sounds solid.  May even want to up it to a full 300.  Also, as suggested above, add in 250-300 shrugs as well.  Either use the squat rack or if you prefer dumbbells make sure you stand as close as possible to the rack so you block everyone else from getting weights.  

Sip some proteinz too in between sets.  You'll be shredded in no time.
9/19/12 11:16 PM
DefenseSoapFan1
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OregonChaelClosedDueToBandWagonCrash -  Don't do biceps when your starting out. If you insist 2 sets of close grip chin ups and 2 sets of dumbbell curls once week is plenty.

I know your probably trolling but dude do some fucken research. Training your biceps 4 days in a row won't do shit. Phone Post

All trolling aside, I took that advice and just relied on rows/chins etc for my biceps when I was starting out and did very little direct arm work and now my biceps are lagging behind.  Triceps seem to have grown well just with pressing and dips.

Now I hit db incline curls 3x8-12 at the very start of my two pull workouts each week, and on the end of one of the days I'll do either machine or barbell preacher curls.  

It should be noted that I'm training for size/aesthetics rather than strength or for a sport.
9/20/12 12:56 AM

DefenseSoapFan1 -
OregonChaelClosedDueToBandWagonCrash -  Don't do biceps when your starting out. If you insist 2 sets of close grip chin ups and 2 sets of dumbbell curls once week is plenty.

All trolling aside, I took that advice and just relied on rows/chins etc for my biceps when I was starting out and did very little direct arm work and now my biceps are lagging behind.  Triceps seem to have grown well just with pressing and dips.

Now I hit db incline curls 3x8-12 at the very start of my two pull workouts each week, and on the end of one of the days I'll do either machine or barbell preacher curls.  

It should be noted that I'm training for size/aesthetics rather than strength or for a sport.
Your pull lifts could be suffering from doing biceps first up. I know for myself if i do biceps before pull ups they suffer a lot. You ever try doing them after? Phone Post
9/20/12 1:23 AM
BALLSDEEP
157 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Keep us posted.
9/20/12 7:11 AM
FearTheClown

I started on Tuesday night, but last night I was too exhausted and still aching from the night before to do anything. I attribute that to not working out in a while so my strength/recovery levels are low as of right now.

I do feel better today so I'm going to continue tonight and try the 4 nights in a row again next week.

Some of the troll posts are funny but as far as research is concerned, there is so much shit out there that contradicts eachother that it just becomes confusing so the best way to do things is just experiment yourself and see what works best for your body.

As long as you use correct form and know your limits then I don't see a problem with that.
9/20/12 2:09 PM
vermonter
86 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/20/12 2:10 PM
When i was a teen i got an adjustable dumbell bar for use with two cement plates i found. I think it was roughly a 45 lb dumbell.

I didn't know any better so all i did was concentration curls. Every night before dinner i'd bust out a few reps and a few sets, and it just got more over time. I probably got up to about 10 sets of 12 before i upgraded my set up, added exercises, and eventually got a gym membership and a job there. And now here I am today.

Since then, no matter what i do, my biceps are relatively the strongest and largest of all of my muscles.
9/24/12 4:00 PM
FearTheClown

I think I was too ambitious to go 4 nights in a row, I was aching too much the day after those sets so now I'm thinking just doing it every other day to allow for recovery on the day off.
9/24/12 6:12 PM
lets get dangerous
131 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How are your abs? Phone Post
9/24/12 6:41 PM
FearTheClown

My abs need work. I do some cardio on weekends so I'm not fat but my abs lack definition for sure.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.