UnderGround Forums

GamerGround >> Resident Evil 6 demo up!!

9/18/12 10:00 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Bry Bry
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

on xbox 360...i dled it and played it and so far, it seems almost identical to RE5...

the GOOD-graphics are nice, skill points seem like an interesting addition even though i dont know much about them, how they work..

the BAD-still basically the same clunky gameplay of RE5..when you are trapped in the hallway in the demo, its frustrating not because of the zombie AI but because of the controls!!wtf, why havent they fixed this yet??another thing i HATE is CO-OP and having some chick tag along with you everywhere...oh wow, you kick doors in together, yay...there needs to be an option to turn it off..oh and 'quick button pushing' sequences are annoying as fuck and they are in this game..ugghh..

beyond that it just seems like the same old thing as RE5...i really hope they have added many new elements but impossible to say from the demo...

anyone else played it??
9/18/12 11:24 PM
Mikusoraiden
185 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have always got along will with RE controls but the co-op of RE5 is annoying. Haven't played the demo yet. Phone Post
9/18/12 11:24 PM
Mikusoraiden
185 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

*got along well Phone Post
9/19/12 2:29 AM
Pizzeria Nova Uno

Played half of it... Quit because it was clunky as fuck. How hard is it to make it smooth like gears. Sick graphics though Phone Post
9/19/12 2:52 AM
raoulDuke

no thanks. have the updated RE4 on my ps3, and yet to play it.

RE5 was amazing for the first 15 mins....then i realized i was gonna be stuck with this bitch the whole game..kinda kills the isolation/tension...especially when the 'zombies' have guns
9/19/12 11:26 AM
kungfugrip

Re5 was just boring to me. Can't say the controls were the problem, just lacked something. Can't even define it.

Have per-ordered re6 and am excited to play. Home it more fun.
9/19/12 12:41 PM
PrettyCoolGuy
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't know a single gamer that enjoys the button pressing cut scenes in games. Why do developers insist on putting them in every game still?
9/19/12 6:17 PM
Bry Bry

^^i dont understand it either..they dont make the game any more interesting or enjoyable, they just add frustration imo..

i also noticed that hit detection in the demo is off..i was hitting headshots and they didnt even register..wtf..

9/19/12 9:27 PM
Bry Bry

there are 3 different campaigns to play thru in this game..i tried playing thru Chris and it was like a very lame ripoff of gears of War..wtf..
9/20/12 1:08 AM
Ceelo
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Aww I have such high hopes...
9/20/12 6:46 AM
Teenage mutant lesnar turtle
527 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dl'ing it right now. Wish theyd just focus on making old school horror the way it used to be before 4. Resi 4 was a one off, they should have just reverted back to the old style after that. Phone Post
9/20/12 7:11 AM
527 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Started playing Leons scenario and didnt even bother to finish it, it sucks. Lol @ basing the game around co-op yet again, totally kills the horror, and the way the zombies disappear when you kill them is stupid. Phone Post
9/20/12 8:12 AM
Mexirican
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I haven't played the demo yet but if what everyone is saying is true, I'm really disappointed. I had really high hopes for this game. RE5 wasn't a bad game IMO but it definitely lacked the great qualities that made the RE series what it is. I'll pick it up but I might just wait till it goes on sale. I don't see this being a day 1 purchase if it's just continuing the downward spiral it started with the last entry. Phone Post
9/20/12 1:04 PM
Bry Bry

what campaign are you guys playing??
9/20/12 10:55 PM
PrettyCoolGuy
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

God Bless Tim Tebow - 
Bry Bry - what campaign are you guys playing??

Finishing all 3 felt like a drag. Leon's is the only tolerable one imo.

Yep. It's the only one that even felt remotely RE related. I did Leons and went to Jakes, which felt like I was playing a game based on the Blade movie. Had to stop about half way through, just didn't like it.
9/21/12 12:19 AM
Bry Bry

^^would a slower version, a more survival type horror game not sell these days??do people really want a lamer version of Gears of War mixed with zombies?why, if they want a pure shooter, they would just go with COD or Gears..why are the RE guys putting this type of hybrid out when no one really likes it?
9/21/12 11:01 AM
disbeliever
333 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator
I miss survival horror
9/21/12 2:20 PM

DayZ Phone Post
9/22/12 12:28 AM
Bry Bry

tell me more about this anthology coming out..is this in HD??which system??
9/22/12 8:31 AM
morientesfan910
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Code veronica and 4 are HD though Phone Post
9/24/12 9:41 AM
choadler
190 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Im gonna play it. Loved 4, liked 5. Shocked about what im reading here though. Phone Post
9/24/12 4:50 PM
CryLikeAGirl
123 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I loved 5 because I played through the entire game (multiple times) with my friend with online co-op. It would probably have not been that great alone.
9/25/12 1:20 AM
MrFluffyHippo
1449 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RE1 was awesome Phone Post
9/29/12 7:50 AM
TheHaunted2

I got annoyed at repeatedly tripping over the dead bodies on the floor on the fuckin demo! It's gunna be hard work, but the gf is getting me it for my birthday, so I won't feel out of pocket lol Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.