UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Evans: Jones and I will fight again

9/18/12 11:58 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1295 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

“I’m positive we will fight again at 205, maybe in a year or so, but we’ll fight again,” Evans said about a rematch with Jones.

As far as the eventual confrontation Evans and Jones will likely have next week in Toronto, the former champion isn’t angry or upset with his former teammate anymore.

Evans will even compliment Jones, which is a far cry from some of the words the two spewed about one another just a few short months ago.

“If he needed to talk about some things, I would talk to him. Once all of this is out of the way. Jon’s not a bad kid,” Evans said. “He has a good spirit inside of him, but I’m not going to share any secrets with him before the fight.”

read entire article...

9/19/12 1:34 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
CantHitDaSpida
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yay next time I wanna c rashad take a page out of chaels book and rush jones until he gets the takedown Phone Post
9/19/12 2:35 AM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
589 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rashad is too cautious to beat Jones Phone Post
9/19/12 2:55 AM
BIGLuke

fucking hope not
9/19/12 2:57 AM
jtown2
125 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'd watch it, but I wouldn't pay for it. Phone Post
9/19/12 2:58 AM
Ensanity
61 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OnlyTheStrongSurvive - Rashad is too cautious to beat Jones Phone Post
Correct! Phone Post
9/19/12 3:04 AM
KaBrooney
209 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It looks like Jones is gonna go through the division twice especially with the amount of rematches that get mentioned. Shogun, Machida and now Rashad. Damn, I hope Cromier loses the weight and comes down to fight Jones. I feel he truly is the great "UG" hope. Phone Post
9/19/12 3:50 AM
Ensanity
61 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I still think glover has a nice chance Phone Post
9/19/12 4:46 AM
FedorEmilioEstevez
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I bet he is so regretful for not letting go in the cage. A reserved fight will always favor jones Phone Post
9/19/12 5:06 AM
TenOfSwords
94 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rashad needs to stop this - and stop it NOW!

Otherwise he could be fighting Bob Sapp in like 18 months.

9/19/12 5:48 AM
swany

And jones will win again
9/19/12 7:41 AM
aka_rtotheoh

Evans has been a different fighter since starting with the blackzillians Phone Post
9/19/12 7:41 AM
aka_rtotheoh

not in a good way Phone Post
9/19/12 8:54 AM
TenOfSwords
94 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/19/12 8:54 AM
aka_rtotheoh -  Evans has been a different fighter since starting with the blackzillians Phone Post

I call them the "Lackzilians," because they lack talent - they're under .500 in the UFC (7-8), they lack heart - only one win as an underdog (by Michael Johnson over Tony Ferguson at UFC On Fox 3) vs. a whole boatload of losses as favorites (including one by JZ Cavalcante when he was like a 20-1 favorite) - and they lack integrity: Drug cheats (Ubereem and Thiago Silva), serial weight missers (Anthony Johnson), serial rape-tweeters (Miguel Torres), and so on.

If Rashad doesn't get the hell out of there soon they will destroy his career - although with Mike van Arsdale now gone from there, he actually might (last week Rashad posted an Instagram pic of him and GSP training together at Jackson's - and Rashad mentioned that in the caption). 
9/19/12 10:05 AM
epwar
539 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

After his performance in the first fight, it takes some balls to say they will fight again.  
9/19/12 10:07 AM
T Bag

stayrad - 
FedorEmilioEstevez - I bet he is so regretful for not letting go in the cage. A reserved fight will always favor jones Phone Post
Yeah, played into his reach, wasn't the game plan if employe if I'd of been rashad, Evans has a good right hand, he's fast and got good takedowns, I'd of loved to of seen him rush jones like sonnen rushed Anderson Phone Post

I'm sure Rashad knew from training that he couldn't outwrestle Jones. The one time they clinched up Rashad got thrown on his ass. Rushing Jones for TDs would have been foolish
9/19/12 10:15 AM
Bloody Pregnancy Fluids
211 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LOL at all the haters on here.

Rashad is the clear number 2 LHW in the world and the only guy that jones didnt finish.
9/19/12 10:17 AM
Lazer MMA

T Bag - 
stayrad - 
FedorEmilioEstevez - I bet he is so regretful for not letting go in the cage. A reserved fight will always favor jones Phone Post
Yeah, played into his reach, wasn't the game plan if employe if I'd of been rashad, Evans has a good right hand, he's fast and got good takedowns, I'd of loved to of seen him rush jones like sonnen rushed Anderson Phone Post

I'm sure Rashad knew from training that he couldn't outwrestle Jones. The one time they clinched up Rashad got thrown on his ass. Rushing Jones for TDs would have been foolish

Evans stayed outside playing right into JBJ's hands. I disagree and think Evans must shoot (and faint) in order to stay in the fight.
9/19/12 4:57 PM
UGCTT_buchu8oolong
80 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I like Rashad, but that was a pretty lackluster fight. Phone Post
9/20/12 2:49 AM
TenOfSwords

But the vast majority of Rashad's fights have been "lackluster" because he is fighting in the wrong weight class.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.