UnderGround Forums

Wrestling UnderGround >> Failed double leg to Judo throw

9/19/12 5:13 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
PhuketTopTeam
100 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Failed double leg take-down to a transition for a Judo Throw (Harai Goshi)
9/21/12 4:29 AM
Soup Nazi
1244 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

nice
9/24/12 5:46 AM
grapplingwithzen
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nice technique, I wasn't sure where he was going when he called it a "double uchimata" though, I pictured him doing some sort of forward somersault or something.
9/27/12 10:58 PM
nowaydo
57 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt
10/7/12 3:28 AM
JoshuaResnick
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

reasonable idea... kinda. in spirit i'd say okay...

in execution, absolutely not even close. from the shot to the haraigoshi.... no way.

sorry.. wouldn't let him teach that in my club no matter what. i'd stop the instruction and say no thanks. zero control. flawed sweeping motion... 1-handed.... really????...
i guess he doesn't care about the dislocation of his right shoulder that will come if the other guy has a brain or the smarts to simply even rotate slightly and lock the elbow...

10/7/12 4:30 PM
PhuketTopTeam
100 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JoshuaResnick - reasonable idea... kinda. in spirit i'd say okay...

in execution, absolutely not even close. from the shot to the haraigoshi.... no way.

sorry.. wouldn't let him teach that in my club no matter what. i'd stop the instruction and say no thanks. zero control. flawed sweeping motion... 1-handed.... really????...
i guess he doesn't care about the dislocation of his right shoulder that will come if the other guy has a brain or the smarts to simply even rotate slightly and lock the elbow...

thing is he's not teaching judo.. hes showing something he uses off a double leg in MMA

Hes also a very successful MMA fighter - top 100 ranked Flyweight and fighting for a ROAD FC &/or ONE FC title in the next 4 months.

I guess the point being - This is something he has hit and helped him dominate high level guys here and there. 

Not taught as a Judo throw

10/9/12 10:46 AM
Jorx
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sorry but it's not a logical sequence live. Just my opinion but trying to explain what it's based here.

1st of all - there's all kind of cool combinations possible in judo, wrestling, bjj etc. The teacher in the video says - it's just one option and that's true. However that does not mean all of these are practical or have a point emphasizing.

2nd - by sprawling and eanding up head inside (don't know why anyone would do that deliberately) the top guy has better position. You'll be lucky if you get the underhook and can come up like it's shown in the video but you'll still be in a slight disadvantage. Meaning it's more high% to just reset.
10/26/12 2:27 PM
JoshuaResnick
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

PTT... i dont give a damn if he is teaching judo, wing chun or checkers....

his instruction is shit. period.

just becuase somebody was/is/may have been an okay athlete does not make him knowledgeable about technique or proper teaching.
10/31/12 4:40 AM
Jorx
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JoshuaResnick - PTT... i dont give a damn if he is teaching judo, wing chun or checkers....

his instruction is shit. period.

just becuase somebody was/is/may have been an okay athlete does not make him knowledgeable about technique or proper teaching.

+1 on the last sentence!
11/1/12 4:00 PM
cumprido1
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I got hit with an uchimata off a stuffed dbl leg in a tourney. It totally got me by surprise, and I did everything I could to not go down, but he wound up finishing it. It was pretty slick. Phone Post
11/2/12 12:52 PM
Jorx

Who stuffed the double?
11/4/12 6:59 AM
russkisambist
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Even an unloaded gun shoots once in a lifetime. That being said... This proverbial gun wont shoot. Highly unlikely this technique will ever work. May be if I do it to my 11 year old daughter it will Phone Post
1/1/13 6:50 PM
FlyingKnee_bar

ive used this move before dont all shit on it at once... the two caveats to this move, which imo are also the two most important things about it are, 1. Timing, 2. Intensity

1. This move only works if its time perfectly with the second your stood and still have the underhook deep, a split second later when he starts backing out and clamping down youre donefor.

2. The intensity of the throw and kick must be 150%, if you dont time it properly and dont go with everything you got on the hip pop and kick its over for this

This move is cool and sneaky, also low percentage, but it does work.... the more tools on your belt the more prepared you are
1/7/13 6:34 PM
cumprido1
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jorx- he shot a double... I stuffed it/sprawled, and then in the recovery from his bad shot he transitioned to a super tight uchimata.

I tried like crazy to avoid the throw, but it was too late. Wound up barely falling into my half guard.

But it was pretty sweet. Not me for obviously, but it was definitely a nice move. Phone Post
1/8/13 8:15 AM
Shemhazai

Here's Kolat showing an underhook hip toss from a stuffed single:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cc7tyjGLx0

Slightly different, but conceptually very similar.
1/13/13 2:25 AM
JoshuaResnick

yes.. and if you notice, Kolat does it ten hundred million billion times better than the OP's craptacular demonstration.

ive done this, ive done this for over half my life. in fact, i do this nearly every single day as i coach wrestling and judo....

crap demos are crap demos are crap demos...

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.