UnderGround Forums

GamerGround >> Capcom or Konami?

9/19/12 1:17 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Andy the man
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Which developer did you prefer and why?

Capcom RAN things back in the 80's/90's, IMO.

Final Fight and SF II have taken up so much of my time since i was a kid.

Love those games!
9/19/12 1:50 PM
ClevelandCursed
129 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Megaman is the top Capcom game series out there for me. They've really fallen off as of late overall though.

I think I have to go with Konami. They did the Suikoden series, which is one of my all time favorite series. Not to mention Castlevania and Silent Hill.
9/19/12 3:25 PM
dangerboy12
94 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Konami 80's

Capcom 90's
9/19/12 5:13 PM
Teenage mutant lesnar turtle
562 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gotta be Capcom Phone Post
9/19/12 5:19 PM
TSMontana
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

dangerboy12 - Konami 80's

Capcom 90's

this
9/19/12 6:10 PM
SlapUsilly
67 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TSMontana - 

Capcom 90's

this

IDK.. Konami had a buch of great stuff in the 90s, while asides from Resident Evil, capcom put out Street Fighter after street fighter games mostly.. although the Megaman X series was good for about 2 or 3 games.
9/19/12 6:50 PM
TSMontana
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/19/12 6:50 PM
SlapUsilly - 
TSMontana - 

Capcom 90's

this

IDK.. Konami had a buch of great stuff in the 90s, while asides from Resident Evil, capcom put out Street Fighter after street fighter games mostly.. although the Megaman X series was good for about 2 or 3 games.

Konami's arcade titles from the '80's were epic (Contra, Gradius, Renegade, etc)...and the NES library was probably even stronger. However, Konami really dropped off after about '92. MGS, SotN, and maybe Suidoken and Silent Hill (to a lesser extent) helped save Konami from being bought by another publisher. Capcom was a juggernaut with their fighting games, their beat-em-ups, Mega Man, Resident Evil, and a slew of lesser known gems for home consoles and arcades in the '90's.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.