UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Cub Swanson Addresses Greg Jackson Haters

9/19/12 2:31 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Full Contact Fighter
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Full Contact Fighter, President

Cub Swanson on Criticisms of Jackson’s MMA Squad: “All it Does is Piss us Off”, Honored to Fight Alongside Teammate Jon Jones at UFC 152

9/19/12 2:36 PM
yellow wrkahlc
98 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Greg Jackson is a very intelligent man. He knows how to play the game, and exploits that in order to guarentee a victory for his fighters. That's his job, and no one can blame him for it. He trains men to become champions, and does it better than any other coach.

With that being said, a gameplan that involves a fighter backpeddaling is not going to help build a fanbase for a new sport such as MMA.

9/19/12 2:40 PM
ChaosOverkill
529 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/19/12 2:40 PM
 There are some reasons that give me cause to dislike Jackson but most of it just manufactured myopic haterade cause one of his fighters beat someones fav with a gameplan 
9/19/12 2:44 PM
nomoRomophobia
209 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cubby doesn't have boring fights. Phone Post
9/19/12 2:51 PM
epic hero

"Don't pass his guard!"

"If the crowd is booing, that means we're doing the right thing"

Not a hater but c'mon...
9/19/12 3:05 PM
Chimonos Revenge
264 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

epic hero - "Don't pass his guard!"

Not a hater but c'mon...
Hah, yeah Phone Post
9/19/12 3:43 PM
Reddvlboy

Maybe it's just his champions that he tells to coast since he makes more money on his champs then other fighters. Phone Post
9/19/12 3:49 PM
iPullMount

His job is to get his fighters a W. I have nothing against that, but he does sometimes take the wrong route, like Guida against Maynard. But he approaches things in a smart way, which makes for longer careers and more belts. In my opinion that is the best way to approach it. But I do still enjoy a good brawl! Phone Post
9/19/12 4:15 PM
UGCTT_ScarecrowRio
150 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In before someone mentions how he told Cub to fight with a broken hand a week before the fight, but a healthy Jones not to fight Sonnen. 

I think it depends on the fighter and their opponent. He wanted to Guida to go the distance with Maynard, Condit with Diaz [or atleast pick his shots along with constant leg kicks], ect. Though I do admit there has been times when he wanted the fighter to push the pace, but as Redd mentioned I think it depends on the fighter
9/19/12 4:42 PM
Infamous Ed

epic hero - "Don't pass his guard!"

Not a hater but c'mon...
And guida's fights with pettis or Maynard

And condits performance against Diaz

Rashad vs rampage, rashad vs Thiago, guillard vs lil heathen, GSP's last 4 fights...

Alot of main events or highly anticipated fights that have been spoiled Phone Post
9/19/12 5:07 PM
BIG CEC
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Greg blows!!!
9/19/12 5:20 PM
GladiatorGannon
278 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

epic hero - "Don't pass his guard!"

Not a hater but c'mon...

"Don't pass his guard"...is a very valid strategy if they simply can't stop you GnP from guard. And against the cage the whole traditional Hierarchy of Position can change fluidly. Don't just think like a jiujitsu point fighter, appreciate the whole game.
9/19/12 5:31 PM
epic hero

GladiatorGannon - 
epic hero - "Don't pass his guard!"

Not a hater but c'mon...

"Don't pass his guard"...is a very valid strategy if they simply can't stop you GnP from guard. And against the cage the whole traditional Hierarchy of Position can change fluidly. Don't just think like a jiujitsu point fighter, appreciate the whole game.

I'm not hating but it was GSP vs Dan Hardy and GSP was pretty much able to mount him at will so I don't see why they would limit GSP's offense buy telling him to stay in guard against a guy who offered nothing on the ground.
9/19/12 7:21 PM
SQUIRREL Master
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i don't see how anyone can bash Guida's strategy against maynard. i think he had the perfect gameplan of not staying in one place and countering against a flat footed power puncher. i personally think he won the fight and only gets bashed so much because greg jackson is his coach. Machida back pedals more than any fighter i have ever seen and he is praised for his strategy. would people bash him if greg jackson was his coach?
9/19/12 8:03 PM
the geek
123 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt Phone Post
9/19/12 8:12 PM
epic hero

SQUIRREL Master - i don't see how anyone can bash Guida's strategy against maynard. i think he had the perfect gameplan of not staying in one place and countering against a flat footed power puncher. i personally think he won the fight and only gets bashed so much because greg jackson is his coach. Machida back pedals more than any fighter i have ever seen and he is praised for his strategy. would people bash him if greg jackson was his coach?

He didn't win, Gray outstruck him the last 3 rounds, and he should have at least lost a point during the fight.

You don't see how people can bash him. I certainly can. What he was doing is against the Unified rules, you can't run away like that. How can you win a fight by avoiding the fight altogether? That wasn't stick and move that was running.

That wasn't a good strategy, not only did he lose but be embarrassed himself while alienating his fanbase(or whoever was left after the Pettis fight).
9/19/12 8:20 PM
Fake Pie
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Leg-slap, take a lap...
9/19/12 9:46 PM
Authority Figure

Once the "fans" decide they hate someone there is very little they can do to change that. We may be the most judgmental and unforgiving of all sports fans.
9/19/12 9:54 PM
THP

When is he going to address the cub swanson haters? Because there is a lot of them.
9/19/12 10:03 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
548 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just hope a better featherweight doesn't show up at Jackson's, Cub. Phone Post
9/19/12 10:16 PM
cheesesteak
242 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yellow wrkahlc - Greg Jackson is a very intelligent man. He knows how to play the game, and exploits that in order to guarentee a victory for his fighters. That's his job, and no one can blame him for it. He trains men to become champions, and does it better than any other coach.

With that being said, a gameplan that involves a fighter backpeddaling is not going to help build a fanbase for a new sport such as MMA.

You just put that in a very intelligent way. I was just going to come on here and say my usual I hate that weasel faced bastard bit, till I saw your post!
9/20/12 12:49 AM
BUFFGEO
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How can you people understand that his job is to "get fighters a W" but then bitch about the gameplan???

Does his fighters WIN???.... YES.... well, then, the fuckin gameplan was right then wasnt it!!!!

9/27/12 2:21 PM
DamnSevern
1192 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jones, Swanson, Noke

my god these boring jackson fighters ruining mma

9/27/12 4:38 PM
cheesesteak
242 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DamnSevern - 

Jones, Swanson, Noke

my god these boring jackson fighters ruining mma

Yay your back!
9/27/12 5:57 PM
holly9000
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Authority Figure - Once the "fans" decide they hate someone there is very little they can do to change that. We may be the most judgmental and unforgiving of all sports fans.

That's because many MMA fans have been fans a long time. Long before the UFC or Greg Jackson came along. We've seen the sport change for better and for worse, for richer and for poorer, and we've been there all along the way. Our heroes and legends have EARNED their status. Our derision or "hate" as some like to call it is founded in reality and reason. It's not (or at least it shouldn't be) a gut reaction to 1 bad call or fighter having a crappy night.

I have no hatred for anyone in this sport. This is the golden age of MMA folks, we should be thankful we have so much to complain about.

That said, I can't stand the whole "gamplanning", "pointfighting" thing that's happening these days. I don't hate Greg Jackson, I understand his role. I do not, however, care to pay for his brand of MMA. I would hope that in the future some system is instituted wherein fighters who avoid action or stall will be penalized, but until that happens, I'll continue to cast my vote with my wallet.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.