UnderGround Forums

NBAGround >> LOL @ Chris Broussard on PTI

9/19/12 6:19 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
PoundforPound
164 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/19/12 6:20 PM

So Grant Hill says that Nash going to the Lakers is like a player from Duke going to UNC.

Chris Broussard's response: "Phoenix thinks it's on the level of the Lakers? Are you serious? This is more like North Carolina A&T going to Duke."

Heh heh.
9/20/12 9:59 AM
dangerboy12
79 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That is funny
9/22/12 2:51 PM
memory blues
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's funny because it's true.
9/26/12 11:47 PM
MadDog243
267 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Why? Phoenix has beaten LA in more playoff series over the last 10 years than the other way around. I don't see how that ridiculous statement broussard made can be true since what I just said is a fact, but you idiots are diluted enough to believe whatever reality you want...so enjoy I guess.
Here are a couple doses of reality for you.
There is nothing special about the lakers other than the leagues willingness to prop them up. Look how fuckin shitty they were last year, look how shitty they are ANY year the league doesnt hand them a roster built for the finals. They fuckin sucked after Shaq left, they fuckin sucked last year, and they have fuckin sucked EVERY year between losing a marquee player and having a new one fall in their lap because Stern can't stand seeing the lakers be a god awful team two years in a row. Fortunately Mike Brown is such a bumbling fool that I bet even with all the talent they have now they wont do shit.
Your fanbase is rotten because while your team has championships, virtually none of them can be looked at as being earned in an honorable or memorable way. Every Laker championship in the last 15 years they have been the overwhelming favorite (or straight had the series given to them IE Sacramento in 2002) and usually wound up in the finals against a pitifull foe. Of course sometimes that wasn't enough, as we saw in your pathetic display in 2004 against a Pistons team that may be the worst to win the title of this era.
And finally Grant Hill is correct, and knows better than Broussard or any of your cunts because he actually was on the team for the rivalry. He said EXACTLY what I have said this whole time about Nash, he chose the ONLY team it would be unforgivable to join and thus he is now a cunt and completely full of shit. Just because the Lakers have had more success doesn't mean the Suns aren't on their level, but Im not surprised fans as dumb as PoundforPound don't see that it disparages the Lakers to talk about the Suns in that manner, since in the case of the last ten years the Suns have put a better team than the Lakers on the court the majority of the time.
9/27/12 2:31 AM
inlikeflynn
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Virtually none of LA's championships have been won in an honorable or memorable way? Are you high or just overcome with bitterness because of the Nash deal? They have beaten some GREAT teams over the years (their history goes back a bit further than 15 years), and in the other years, they beat whatever opponents were put in front of them. They have no control over that.

The Suns have fielded some really good, exciting teams on the court over the years but we're talking about a franchise that's won 10 championships and another 5 finals appearances in the same span that the Suns have made just 2 finals appearances. There's no comparison.
9/27/12 4:02 AM
MadDog243
267 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What I said was no more ridiculous than what Broussard said or what PoundforPound and others are insinuating. Of course my opinion is jaded, thats what it is to be a fan. Im one of the few willing to admit it though.

What Hill said, and what I have always contended, was about the RIVALRY and the history of the teams against EACHOTHER. And from that yes, it is very Duke/UNC like and as I said before to shit on the Suns and say things like its more like Duke vs a high school team or some shit does nothing but make the Lakers look worse.
9/27/12 10:16 AM
dangerboy12
79 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MadDog there has to be some hate for the other team on both sides of the rivalry.

I really don't think Laker fans have any hate for the Suns.

It's not really like Duke/UNC, it's more like Duke/Florida State. Florida State hates Duke with a passion, and beats them pretty regularly. Duke doesn't really have the same hate for FSU.
9/27/12 10:17 AM
dangerboy12

ANd I'm a DUke fan and Grant is one of my favorite players, but he is too deep in the forest to see the trees.
9/28/12 6:45 AM
Floppy Divac
453 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MadDog was correct for responding how he did even though I "frat"ed him at the second line of his post.

9/28/12 12:38 PM
MadDog243

dangerboy, if the Laker fanbase wasnt so changeable and bandwagon oriented you would know that there WAS hate from the other team, plenty of it.

You would not BELIEVE the shit I heard from bandwagon laker fans as they jumped off the bow of the ship titanic style while the Suns were Balls deep handing Phil Jackson his only two first round playoff exits of his career.

There WAS hate from Lakers "fans", there just isnt anyone now that was a "fan" even a few years ago when they sucked.
9/29/12 2:08 PM
dangerboy12

Yeah it's just really hard to to gauge the way the typical Laker fan feels about another team. I'm sure the diehards HAD a hatred for the Suns, but when they aren't relevant that hate wanes.

Duke and UNC always hate each other equally, and that hate remains even when 1 or both both teams are bad, and even in sports they both suck at.
9/29/12 2:54 PM
PoundforPound
164 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/29/12 3:20 PM
Our arch rivals are the Celtics. Long time Laker fans hate no other team like we hate Boston.

But teams like the Pistons have also inflicted hurtful defeats, as have the Spurs.

Phoenix is way down on the list. Maddog might get butt hurt about that but it's the truth.
10/6/12 9:02 PM
memory blues
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MadDog is merely a bitter hater. Period. The very fact that someone like Steve Nash would choose to join the Lakers over any number of contenders to pursue a championship basically says it all about the Suns, their organization, and fanbase. And because of the stark realization Nash's choice brought upon people like MadDog, all of sudden he is a "cunt" and "full of shit"?

:T

10/8/12 10:25 PM
MadDog243

LOL @ yer fuckin hypocrisy memory blues. I am a "bitter hater" because whatever you guys may think, from the Suns perspective there is no more ultimate betrayal...and that IS valid regardless of your fucking opinion on the matter.

It is hilarious to me that someone who would make a generalization about an entire franchise/fanbase based on one players selfish frontrunning. Must be old hat for laker "fans" like you...btw notice you are posting alot more than last season. What a surprise.
10/9/12 3:35 AM
memory blues

Your vitriol is bland and stale. Anything else? "Bandwagonner" "frontrunner"? Give it all you got this time, maybe you'll hurt my feelings.
10/9/12 10:53 AM
MadDog243

It doesnt matter if it is stale, it is the truth. You disappeared when the Lakers got humiliated at the end of the 11-12 season and didn't come back till after the Laker's aquired Howard. You are the definition of a fair weather fan, and I don't care how stale you may think the rhetoric is it still applies to you.

And LOL@ thinking anything I say was ever about YOUR feelings. You are one ego centric little bitch, you know that?
10/9/12 4:07 PM
memory blues

"Egocentric little bitch", nice. I feel like this is almost cathartic for you, so please, continue. I care about your opinion of me.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.