UnderGround Forums

S&C UnderGround >> Thumb injury

9/19/12 9:06 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
k1levelstriking
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Messed up my thumb wrestling today, not too serious but I can barely use it and expect a week off MMA.

I feel like I can still lift just without a full hand squeeze, would lifting be stupid to do if I can't grip the bar with my thumb? Not suicide gripping it, just can't use thumb Phone Post
9/20/12 4:54 PM
Leigh
759 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No you'll probably be fine, just don't injure it. Phone Post
9/21/12 7:33 AM
k1levelstriking
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Turns out its fractured and I need surgery, in a thumb cast that still lets me use other fingers and palm, should I bother working around this? Phone Post
9/21/12 8:37 AM
Leigh
759 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I try to work around everything. First priority is to let it heal. Training is a second priority. Phone Post
9/21/12 12:00 PM
k1levelstriking

Leigh - I try to work around everything. First priority is to let it heal. Training is a second priority. Phone Post
I'm going to try working around it by doing a lot of cable work with easy to grip attachments. Kinda heartbreaking that this happens when I was making great strength gains Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.