UnderGround Forums

Hawai'i Underground >> Going to Big Island.. What do?

9/20/12 11:33 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
KJJ
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Heading to the Big Island with the family for a few weeks. Staying in Kona area and looking for things to do. Best hikes? plate lunch? surfing? fishing? local wimmenz?

Lived in Maui the past year so I'm looking for some different things to do.
9/20/12 11:55 PM
shiki31
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Manago's pork chops is onos. Phone Post
9/21/12 12:05 AM
JIMMYNAKS
380 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I heard they have good coffee
9/21/12 12:15 AM
Moke
169 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Catch up on sleep.
9/21/12 12:51 AM
The Professional
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My son... You have to master the art of "scum bagging," because Kona is rich with scum bagging opportunities. Let me explain.

Scum Bagging involves staying at a POS hotel, yet enjoying all the joys of 5 star living. Here is how you do it. Go to Four Seasons Hualalai, Mauna Lani, Waikaloa, etc. and tell the guard, "I'm meeting friends for lunch." park at the public parking, then go enjoy the pools, jacuzzis, beaches, women, etc. at these resorts. If you can get a hold of a hotel pool towel you are in for good. It's so easy in Kona.

Also, drive from Hawi over the mountain back to waimea. Best drive in Hawaii. Take it sleeeezy scum bag. Phone Post
9/21/12 4:37 AM
FCTV808
301 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

village burger waimea
9/21/12 5:35 AM
shiki31

Good advice, professional! They can not block public access to the shoreline so you can go to Mauna Kea Beach, Hapuna Beach, Hualalai, Kukio, etc. These nice resorts do let you in to go to the beach. The only way they can keep you out is if they run out of available "beach" parking. Phone Post
9/21/12 5:36 AM
shiki31

Also Hawaiian Style Cafe, Waimea. Phone Post
9/21/12 11:57 AM
KJJ
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thanks for info guys. I'll be sure to check out some of those places to eat.

Also great tip on the scum bagging, professional. I've been using that technique around the Maui hotels. So greasy.. but so good!
9/21/12 9:07 PM
JIMMYNAKS
380 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Professional -  My son... You have to master the art of "scum bagging," because Kona is rich with scum bagging opportunities. Let me explain.

Scum Bagging involves staying at a POS hotel, yet enjoying all the joys of 5 star living. Here is how you do it. Go to Four Seasons Hualalai, Mauna Lani, Waikaloa, etc. and tell the guard, "I'm meeting friends for lunch." park at the public parking, then go enjoy the pools, jacuzzis, beaches, women, etc. at these resorts. If you can get a hold of a hotel pool towel you are in for good. It's so easy in Kona.

Also, drive from Hawi over the mountain back to waimea. Best drive in Hawaii. Take it sleeeezy scum bag. Phone Post

VTFU!!!
9/27/12 3:07 PM
Dr. Shocker

Hawaiian Cafe for Brekky

Village Burger for lunch

Aka Sushi for dinner

Leave Big Island having orgasmed at least thrice.
9/28/12 4:15 AM
FCTV808
301 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

looks like i'll be there tomorrow. :)
9/28/12 6:29 AM
The Professional
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Oh yea. There's a new taqueria in Hilo that is the best in Hawaii. Lucy's. cafe pesto is junk. Phone Post
9/28/12 4:15 PM
Dr. Shocker

FCTV,

U have to try Aka. Everything i tried was quality imo. Comp to PC Zippy's but much more economical.

Our bill for a family of 4 was between $70-$80, where at Zips would have easily been $100+.

U try
9/29/12 4:52 AM
The Professional

Edited: 09/29/12 2:10 PM
Are you going to train while you're there?
9/29/12 4:58 AM
The Professional

Edited: 09/29/12 2:08 PM
Morning after edit.
9/29/12 9:47 PM
FCTV808

had the big island burger and village burger yesterday. then the vanilla malt shake and fries.

best in hawaii imo.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.