UnderGround Forums

GamerGround >> Torchlight II

9/20/12 11:59 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
TSMontana
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Game is out today. T2 is getting even better reviews than the original (which I played on XBOX 360). Wait for XBOX 360 version, or get PC version today?
9/20/12 12:45 PM
Gerbacio
625 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

when is it coming for Xbox?

9/20/12 1:23 PM
TSMontana
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/20/12 1:26 PM
junobeach - Get it for PC, there will be a lot of mods, and ARPG games just work better on keyboard/mouse imo

That was my initial thought, but the XBOX version of Torchlight was actually better control-wise imo (no carpal-tunnel from mouse clicks). I'm really not big into mods.

There is no official release date for XBOX, but given the success the original had one it, the sequel on XBOX is pretty much a lock.

edit: nevermind, PC it is...

http://www.xblafans.com/xbla-version-of-torchlight-ii-unlikely-55098.html
9/20/12 10:11 PM
Invisible Lats Syndrome
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RockPaperShotgun gave it a great review.
9/21/12 8:15 AM
LgFriess
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Played last night for 4 hours. Tons of fun so far. No goddamn Blizzard auction house/real money auction house overriding the game. Loot drops...for you... to use... for yourself. Crazy in a game like this, yeah. Also, you get to actually pick your own talents. At this point the game shows what a fuck up D3 is.

I DO wish they would have went for a gothic, gritty art style, but what they did they did well.
9/21/12 9:06 AM
Eisenberg
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Can you trade with other people a la diablo 2? Chat channels and all that?
9/21/12 12:38 PM
None So Blind
222 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LgFriess - Played last night for 4 hours. Tons of fun so far. No goddamn Blizzard auction house/real money auction house overriding the game. Loot drops...for you... to use... for yourself. Crazy in a game like this, yeah. Also, you get to actually pick your own talents. At this point the game shows what a fuck up D3 is.

I DO wish they would have went for a gothic, gritty art style, but what they did they did well.

The guys at Penny Arcade essentially said that everything D3 did wrong, this does right:

http://penny-arcade.com/report/editorial-article/torchlight-2-vs.-diablo-3-welcoming-the-player-instead-of-locking-them-in
9/21/12 5:31 PM
NotsoMightySkull
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The first one was very good,
I will play this eventually, probably before Diablo 3

Focusing on Borderlands now.
9/22/12 2:17 AM
Greenup
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Torch light shits all over D3. Great game but couldn't play online the register page was down for me. Phone Post
9/22/12 12:30 PM
TSMontana

Started Elite game with Berserker last night. Storyline not as epic as D3, but I enjoy playing it more...especially since you don't have to be online to do so.
9/22/12 5:05 PM
AbbeyRoadMe
38 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I hope we get it on 360. Even if they have to put it on a disk. Phone Post
9/22/12 6:35 PM
Eisenberg
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The storyline is horrendous in D3, I really dont see how Torchlights story can be any worse lol.
9/24/12 9:24 AM
BjjGearJunkie
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm really enjoying the game so far. Well worth the $20 on steam. Phone Post
9/26/12 2:25 PM
HOLLYWOOD-MO
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The physics is better in D3. The impact of weapon on enemy/crate/breakable object seems much more realistic in D3. But both games are fun as hell.

So in TL2, can enchanting your weapons destroy them? Whenever, I try to enchant something, the background voice says "You got lucky" or something like that. It makes me think that enchanting could potentially break your weapon.

If so, that sucks...cuz some of my shit took forever to find. Anyone know the rule on this?
9/27/12 12:08 PM
Granpa
102 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My only beef with the game is not being able to respec all of your talents. But otherwise, great sequel.
9/27/12 1:33 PM
Eisenberg

Its good and bad. Makes it worthwile to create multiple characters to test different builds etc. Every decision has more impact. Of course if you dont feel like levelling another character it can be a pain in the ass.
9/27/12 3:07 PM
TSMontana

Edited: 09/27/12 3:07 PM
Eisenberg - The storyline is horrendous in D3, I really dont see how Torchlights story can be any worse lol.

I guess because I don't actually remember the first game's storyline, I'm lost in the second one. I actually remember Diablo's storyline...but it seems like T2 is ripping off D2 (hero from first game is now villain).
9/29/12 12:56 AM
Greenup
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Games badass. I changed my strat since new game plus. I used dual drills on my beserker but get owned now so goind axe and board. Would like to change skills to be able to work better with shield. Will u get in trouble if you do respec potions mod? Phone Post
9/29/12 1:40 AM
Alumatine
70 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Greenup go dual wield claw weapons. Beef up the passive skill that heals on crits, and the armor penetration one. Stack armor pen gems. You will rip through enemies. My toon Is level 61 and all I ever do is reg attacks cause it crits almost everytime. Also my execute it at 95% so I'm hiting with both weapons everytime. The heals you get from that passive skill will keep you at full health almost all the time. Phone Post
10/2/12 11:27 PM
Greenup

Will try that out ^^ will it work with 2 swords as well? I have two badass swords I can't use yet. Phone Post
10/4/12 10:41 AM
Alumatine
70 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Greenup - Will try that out ^^ will it work with 2 swords as well? I have two badass swords I can't use yet. Phone Post
Yeah it'll work. The reason I put claw weapons is they have a passive armor pen to them already. Which in turn helps you crit more. But really any two of the same weapons will work Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.