UnderGround Forums

S&C UnderGround >> Cardio...

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

9/20/12 12:11 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
weepingbeaver
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How essential is it? I am simply looking to tone up and gain some muscle. Will my bodyfat drop in time just from lifting weights? Phone Post
9/20/12 4:53 PM
Leigh
1186 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not essential for building muscle or losing fat Phone Post
9/20/12 6:24 PM
Taku
180 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I agree with Leigh 100%. Cardio is not required for your goals. Most important thing is to controll calorie intake. Second most important thing is to gain some muscle or at least hold on to whatever you have now.

TAKU
9/20/12 9:19 PM
T-Man

While you don't need it to gain muscle/lose fat, I found that it helped me lean out. I probably wasn't disciplined enough with my diet to get results otherwise. Beer tastes good. But biking is fun anyway.
9/23/12 11:37 AM
weepingbeaver

Cheers fellas. Phone Post
9/23/12 11:57 AM
turducken

even if you can get the look you want without it, i cant imagine not doing cardio. having good cardiovascular fitness is the foundation for basically every human activity. i guess if you dont actually like doing anything it doesnt matter, but if you want to go hike, kayak, bike, swim, ski, play a sport, etc. its pretty helpful to have good cardio.
9/23/12 12:33 PM
weepingbeaver

Agreed mate. Suppose I'm not really 'motivated' by running, even though I know it's good for you. Really enjoy lifting weights and don't need much motivation to do it. Sometimes the thought of cardio puts me off training at all.

Is there any way I can use weights to burn some bodyfat? Circuits? Any suggestions from some of you more knowledgeable buys on here? Phone Post
9/23/12 3:02 PM
Funaki Masakatsu #1
191 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anything that elevates your heart rate into a good range can be considered cardio. A swiftly paced lifting routine can be a great way to elevate your heart rate and get a good "cardio" session in.

If you prefer taking your time lifting, get involved in some sports like basketball or BJJ. Those are fun ways to get your heart rate up. Phone Post
9/24/12 1:38 AM
SHUTD0WN
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Looking to drop a few n burn some body fat so sub for great info Phone Post
9/24/12 4:17 AM
weepingbeaver

Funaki Masakatsu #1 - Anything that elevates your heart rate into a good range can be considered cardio. A swiftly paced lifting routine can be a great way to elevate your heart rate and get a good "cardio" session in.

If you prefer taking your time lifting, get involved in some sports like basketball or BJJ. Those are fun ways to get your heart rate up. Phone Post
Thanks. Going to attempt some barbell circuits tonight as have been lifting for previous two days. Phone Post
9/24/12 10:12 AM
big_slacker
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Some type of cardio is essential for overall health over your lifetime. Doesn't mean you have to run a marathon or be on a treadmill for hours which could kill anyone's fun. Find something you like. Good tempo hiking uphill can be awesome. Biking, Swimming, bball, soccer, whatever.
9/24/12 3:47 PM
MMarts
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How about Sprinting?
9/24/12 9:55 PM
HEMAN
63 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sprinting is good too. But the most important part is enjoying the cardio...find something you enjoy and do it with high intensity.
9/24/12 11:40 PM
Sequoyah Sandford
93 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Watching calories and carbs along with walking is just fine. Phone Post
9/25/12 3:41 PM
weepingbeaver

Sequoyah Sandford - Watching calories and carbs along with walking is just fine. Phone Post
Really. How much fat can you really burn doing this? Phone Post
9/25/12 3:51 PM
MMarts
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

weepingbeaver - 
Sequoyah Sandford - Watching calories and carbs along with walking is just fine. Phone Post

It depends on the intensity and if there is an incline or not. Im not a fan of Cardio which is why I choose to do Sprints(Hill/Flat Land). With stretching included it takes no more than 40 minutes and have you seen Sprinters Physiques? They're pretty jacked!
9/25/12 4:07 PM
Leigh
1186 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

*face palm* Phone Post
9/25/12 5:46 PM
Sequoyah Sandford
93 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

weepingbeaver -
All of it....like a boss. Phone Post
9/25/12 10:08 PM
ravenman2000
102 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMarts - 
weepingbeaver - 

It depends on the intensity and if there is an incline or not. Im not a fan of Cardio which is why I choose to do Sprints(Hill/Flat Land). With stretching included it takes no more than 40 minutes and have you seen Sprinters Physiques? They're pretty jacked!

9/26/12 12:13 AM
MMarts

Lol
9/26/12 12:33 AM
Sequoyah Sandford

funny thing is this whole time i read the op wrong, lol fakkk!

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.