UnderGround Forums

S&C UnderGround >> Need Weight Cutting Suana Question

9/20/12 5:52 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Seemore Butts
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bros. I have a powerlifting meet in 2 months and I am worrying about making weight. I compete at 148 and weigh in around 158-159. I am fairly lean, but could lose a couple of pounds. I used to make weight easily in the past just from dieting but I must have put on some muscle because I am leaning out but staying the same weight.

Question.

How much water weight can you lose going into the suana at 155lbs? (I have day before weigh ins)

Has any one used Magnesium Citrate for weight cutting?

Any tips?
9/21/12 2:03 AM
Leigh
624 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have known fighters do 15lbs in the sauna. I have gone green with 4lbs. Try to avoid the sauna if you can.

I have used magnesium citrate. A small dose of senna will do the same thing, without the ass explosion. Phone Post
9/21/12 9:44 AM
Seemore Butts
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thanks leigh. Why avoid the suana?

I did a test cut with mag citrate and only lost 5lbs. I am thinking I may have to hit the suana. I don't want to go low carb because it zaps my strength, but I may have to. Is 5lbs fairly easy to cut in a suana?
9/21/12 10:21 AM
cdueck
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How much time from wiegh in to lift? We had 4(all the guys were fighting from 140-155 so about the same size as you) fighters two weeks ago all drop 15+ lbs in the sauna with no negative effects but they had just over 24hours to re-hydrate though. The sauna can be hard on your body though so only use it if it's the last option. Also try a really hot bath with epsom salts, I find that way more relaxing than a sauna for sure.
9/21/12 11:06 AM
Leigh
624 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't like the sauna cos it makes my head hot. There are far better and easier ways to drop water. 5lbs with magnesium is pretty impressive. Vermonter does a good weight cut plan and you'll be back to strength afterwards

As I said, 4lbs in the sauna makes me turn green. Phone Post
9/21/12 12:03 PM
Seemore Butts

cdueck - How much time from wiegh in to lift? We had 4(all the guys were fighting from 140-155 so about the same size as you) fighters two weeks ago all drop 15+ lbs in the sauna with no negative effects but they had just over 24hours to re-hydrate though. The sauna can be hard on your body though so only use it if it's the last option. Also try a really hot bath with epsom salts, I find that way more relaxing than a sauna for sure.

I have 24+ to get back rehydrated. Weigh ins are friday morning, meet is saturday at 1.

I was thinking of dieting to 154lbs and cutting weight in the suana. I heard rubbing abolene all over your body helps. I have access to a suana. I am guessing a test cut would be a good idea to see how my body reacts.
9/21/12 12:06 PM
Seemore Butts

Leigh -  I don't like the sauna cos it makes my head hot. There are far better and easier ways to drop water. 5lbs with magnesium is pretty impressive. Vermonter does a good weight cut plan and you'll be back to strength afterwards

As I said, 4lbs in the sauna makes me turn green. Phone Post

Yeah roughly 5 lbs. I did not load with water or sodium prior, I just took the stuff and started shooting water out my ass.

Are you lean leigh? Maybe that would explain the green? I am prob 10% bf, problem is I can't cut weight too much with cardio because it kills my strength. I am squatting 500, planning to break a state record at 535. I can't afford to drop strength. That is why the suana is perking my interest. I could cut the water weight, re-hydrate and be weighing 160 by lift time.
9/21/12 12:39 PM
Leigh

Yes I'm lean. Check my thread on cutting. You're better off dieting, then cutting carbs and manipulating water/sodium levels. I only ever cut 5lbs actively and I've gone in 22lbs heavier (135 weigh in, 157 for fight) Phone Post
9/21/12 12:42 PM
Seemore Butts

Alright man, thank you, I will find the thread.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.