UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> TUF Smashes, Episode 1 recap

9/20/12 11:59 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1252 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

-Dana pays a visit to the "TUF" house, surprising the fighters. He gives them another pep talk. He tells them that no one knows what the top tier UFC fighters make – but hopefully one day they'll get to find out just how much that is.

-During a training session, Team U.K.'s Michael Pastou injures his bicep. He'll need surgery, and his "TUF" future looks doubtful.

-Pearson will go with welterweights for the first fight, and Sots picks Team Australia's Ben Alloway to fight Team UK's Valentino Petrescu. The two fighters face off.

-The fighters are cleared at official weigh-ins when Alloway weighs 170.5 pounds and Petrescu weighs 171.

-After a back-and-forth first round, Alloway defeats Henescu via second-round TKO after dropping him and pounding him out with follow-up punches. Team Australia goes up 1-0 in the competition.

read entire article...

9/21/12 12:16 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
UGCTT Captain America
319 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Video? Phone Post
9/21/12 1:16 AM
Foad27
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

arnanderson - Who gave this season that stupid fucking name?

I guess if you are not Australian or English that might seem like a stupid name (Maybe even if you are too really), but when Australia and England play cricket against each other they play for the "Ashes" so you can see smASHES is just a play on words from that
9/21/12 2:33 AM
UGCTT_chuckles1
186 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://aus.tuf.tv/media/tuf-smashes-ep-1-tv

1'st episode can be found here^^^. I enjoyed it! Phone Post
9/21/12 4:56 AM
Easytarget
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It is a shitty name, wonder how everyone will gel in the house after a few fights. Alloway is one of the better fighters on the Aussie team and I am looking forward to seeing how the skill level between the teams compares.
9/21/12 5:08 AM
NorthFromHere
313 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMAViking.com
UGCTT_Aussie -  I didn't mind the first ep. Took a little bit of getting used to with the Aussie voice over and stuff but I liked it.

I really wanna see what that weird lanky Pom with the hat can do. A very strange looking cat he is. Phone Post

Colin Fletcher. They don't call him the freakshow for nothing
9/21/12 5:09 AM
guardbreak
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_chuckles1 -  http://aus.tuf.tv/media/tuf-smashes-ep-1-tv

VTFU!
9/21/12 5:12 AM
ric482

Having watched the first episode of the us version earlier, I think that it's fair to say the us show has the largest dickheads to decent blokes ratio. That dude with the pink mohawk looks like your classic indoor sunglass wearing prick.

Think the smashes looks like a far better show (cast wise and in editing) and the coaches are far better. The way the didn't bother with the team picks and entrance fights made for a more compelling episode. IMHO.

Good first fight too. Phone Post
9/21/12 6:23 AM
Legalize It
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

tag
9/21/12 7:46 AM
NoGi bear

Subway Phone Post
9/21/12 7:54 AM
steverowbotham
66 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I enjoyed the episode. Shame about Pastou, I expected him to be a favourite.
9/21/12 12:10 PM
Shroom
364 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The level of grappling here looks pretty bad.

The UK and AUS guys seem like a nice bunch of guys though.

Seems like the TUF 'Murican version chose the biggest troublemakers and douchebags possible.
9/21/12 6:24 PM
caliguy0906

thanks for the link brotha
9/21/12 7:06 PM
caliguy0906

I liked this first episode. The guys seemed really cool and a lot more mellow to their American counterparts. I really like the idea of the coaches not being able to see their opponents in action before hand. It's more of a I trust my guy to win no matter who we fight type of thing. Sort of Vitor-esk if you ask me
9/21/12 7:22 PM
WelshWarrior
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

NorthFromHere -
UGCTT_Aussie -  I didn't mind the first ep. Took a little bit of getting used to with the Aussie voice over and stuff but I liked it.

I really wanna see what that weird lanky Pom with the hat can do. A very strange looking cat he is. Phone Post

Over seen him fight live a few times, he's insane but a great fighter and I really think he will be the one winning!! Phone Post
9/21/12 8:12 PM
Andy Tapp

UGCTT_Aussie - I didn't mind the first ep. Took a little bit of getting used to with the Aussie voice over and stuff but I liked it.

He can get to the finale! ;-) Phone Post
9/21/12 9:29 PM
dking
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Looks to be a great season
9/21/12 11:10 PM
Lahzerous
270 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

guardbreak - 

VTFU!

9/21/12 11:25 PM
Lahzerous
270 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Uncensored f bombs i love it
9/22/12 12:43 AM
Chicagos own peeping Tom
322 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt Phone Post
9/22/12 1:23 AM
HogWatcher
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Upperbutt -
NorthFromHere - 

Yeah that guy fell into the acid-pot as a child, either that or he's trying to get cast as Spider Jerusalem ina yet to be a announced flick..
Nice call on Spider. I'm looking forward to seeing this guy fight. Phone Post
9/22/12 1:36 AM
slamming

arnanderson - Who gave this season that stupid fucking name?
Don't be so brashly ignorant. Phone Post
9/22/12 1:58 AM
aaronlynton
97 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

There's gotta be a lot of animosity between the two teams.

Interesting attempt at a new format.

no fight to get into the house, and your team mates never have to fight each other
9/26/12 4:35 PM
Fight! UK Online
230 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's UK journalist Gareth A. Davies that is credited with giving it the name.

Some great guys on the show. Freakshow is a chap I know quite well. That dude can fight, very scrappy and crazy sub game.

Pastou (who went out) is the guy I grappled with at the trials. Massive lightweight (I'm a FW). His replacement to come in tonight is also a guy that I've trained with who is a small lightweight but very well rounded, trained with a catch wrestling team up until recently, now trains with a great team at SBG.

9/26/12 4:38 PM
Don_Dada
196 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I enjoyed the first ep.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.