UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> WAR Colin 'The Freakshow' Fletcher

9/21/12 9:36 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
CagePotato
81 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

9/21/12 9:51 AM
3rdLion
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Steve4192 - Looks like he has some potential.  With that length and those skinny forearms, he could turn into a Kendall Grove-type who can lock up chokes from all kinds of odd positions.  That said, like most Brit fighters, his wrestling looks atrocious.  It might not matter on TUF since Aussies aren't exactly known for their wrestling either, but he'd better get it sorted before he starts fighting in the UFC for real.
Saying most Brits have atrocious wrestling, as far as the UFC is concerned, is a lie. I can only think if a couple of UK fighters in the UFC who do not have adequate wrestling. Phone Post
9/21/12 10:25 AM
Steve4192
214 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/21/12 10:26 AM
3rdLion - 
Steve4192 - Looks like he has some potential.  With that length and those skinny forearms, he could turn into a Kendall Grove-type who can lock up chokes from all kinds of odd positions.  That said, like most Brit fighters, his wrestling looks atrocious.  It might not matter on TUF since Aussies aren't exactly known for their wrestling either, but he'd better get it sorted before he starts fighting in the UFC for real.
Saying most Brits have atrocious wrestling, as far as the UFC is concerned, is a lie. I can only think if a couple of UK fighters in the UFC who do not have adequate wrestling. Phone Post

You are proving my point.

I'm saying Brit fighters in general have atrocious wrestling, and that only those who develop wrestling skills can be successful in the UFC.  The Brits who have been successful in the UFC have all developed at least adequate wrestling skills.  Some are even pretty good wrestlers (Bisping, Hathaway).  But they are the exceptions, not the rule.  The local/regional scene in the UK is chock full of guys who can't wrestle their way out of a wet paper bag.

If Freakshow wants to have a career in the UFC, he had better learn how to wrassle.  
9/21/12 1:33 PM
ranier wolfcastle
892 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

does he glue the hat on?
9/21/12 1:42 PM
rbl
168 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sick of his gimmick already. He's the right shape for a subs and striking guy though. Phone Post
9/21/12 1:59 PM
shiznit
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/21/12 7:15 PM
rbl - 

Sick of his gimmick already. He's the right shape for a subs and striking guy though. Phone Post

. Anderson Silva,or diaz nick and nate,or struve,or about 50 percent of the ufc roster arent wrestling based fighters.
9/21/12 1:59 PM
shiznit

Edited: 09/21/12 2:39 PM
rbl - 

Its not a gimmick Colins a very unique individual. Theres not another person like him, hes also one of the most genuine and nicest blokes you will ever meet.It really isnt an act on the show thats just the way he is. Anderson Silva isnt much of a wrestler nether. Comparing him to Anderson is silly at this time though as im sure Colin would agree,but im only comparing the fact you dont need high level wrestling when you have that reach great ground grappling skills and very unorthadox striking to boot. Cody mckenzie got several fights in the ufc...Colin is ten mckenzies..If Cody Mckenzie had 10 other chokes as effective as his 1 gteen ,excellent grappling, devastating striking an 81 inch reach,devastating knees,elbows kicks and also very unorthadox striking which is impossible to predict,with cardio for days with an iron chin and an unflappable desire to win,along with being one of the most durable and tough fighters out there...times it by ten and ul be somewhere near Colins game. Hes going to suprise alot of people with his skills. And hes going to improve which is an even scariere prospect. Cody got several fights out of the U.F.C being very limited Colin i know for sure will have a long and very succesful carreer as colin is anything but limited in his skills.P.s im not comparing him to Cody.
9/21/12 2:13 PM
Don_Dada
156 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Interesting cat.
9/21/12 2:21 PM
shiznit

Edited: 09/21/12 7:21 PM
Steve4192 - 
3rdLion - 

I'm saying Brit fighters in general have atrocious wrestling, and that only those who develop wrestling skills can be successful in the UFC.  The Brits who have been successful in the UFC have all developed at least adequate wrestling skills.  Some are even pretty good wrestlers (Bisping, Hathaway).  But they are the exceptions, not the rule.  The local/regional scene in the UK is chock full of guys who can't wrestle their way out of a wet paper bag.

If Freakshow wants to have a career in the UFC, he had better learn how to wrassle.  

Watch Colins fight with miles Price saying he cant wrestle his way out of a paper bag is harsh and silly. Dan Hardy got a title shot with limited wrestling. So this disproves your point. Anderson silva..Sass..both diaz's list goes on...Stefan Struve..etc etc Colin i.m.o is a better striker than Dan Hardy and better on the ground with a much longer reach.Dan ended up getting a title shot. Colin has the opprtunity now that hes on the Ultimate Fighter to train with world class wrestling,bjj,mma coaches. I can assure you hes never going to be a lay n pray wrestling fighter as hes simply not that type of fighter, his own ethics and also as an exciting fighter would never make that possible....as for the exception Hathaway,Bisping,Mcguire,Pearson,Defries,can all Wrestle in mma and have shown your statement not to be true..
9/21/12 2:26 PM
shiznit

Edited: 09/21/12 2:28 PM
Il ask Colin to pop by and say hello, be nice, hes a nice guy one of the nicest guys you could wish to meet
9/21/12 2:46 PM
Bispings chin

Intriguing chap, I'll be rooting for him on the smashes, looks like he has potential to go far. Nice to see good sportsmanship in that vid too. And he followed me back on twitter so WAR FREAKSHOW! Phone Post
9/21/12 2:51 PM
Bromovich
479 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

shiznit - Il ask Colin to pop by and say hello, be nice, hes a nice guy one of the nicest guys you could wish to meet

Awesome!

VTFU
9/21/12 5:35 PM
MarshallMMA
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

shiznit - Il ask Colin to pop by and say hello, be nice, hes a nice guy one of the nicest guys you could wish to meet
I've asked him ages ago. Yeah I agree he's spot on, he's my brothers MMA coach too and he's a young lad and Colin is making him a better person for real. He's a good family man too. Phone Post
9/21/12 5:43 PM
UGCTT_El Pescadero
2411 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He's straight out of Clock Work Orange... Looking forward to seeing him scrap! Phone Post
9/21/12 5:45 PM
UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rooting for Freakshow to win the show. Phone Post
9/21/12 6:11 PM
Broady
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lads a beast, wouldn't be surprised if he wins the lot. Phone Post
9/21/12 7:04 PM
shiznit

UGCTT_El Pescadero -  He's straight out of Clock Work Orange... Looking forward to seeing him scrap! Phone Post

hahaha Col will like this!
9/21/12 7:08 PM
shiznit

Edited: 09/21/12 7:08 PM
Bromovich - 
shiznit - Il ask Colin to pop by and say hello, be nice, hes a nice guy one of the nicest guys you could wish to meet

Awesome!

VTFU

Il see if Colin will log on via my account and post via mine till he can get an account of his own{thats if he wants too}..il try my best il bribe him with a Krispy kreme doughnut :0D will do anything for a krispy kreme loves his krispy kremes lol
9/21/12 7:14 PM
UGCTT_El Pescadero
2411 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/21/12 7:52 PM
shiznit -
UGCTT_El Pescadero -  He's straight out of Clock Work Orange... Looking forward to seeing him scrap! Phone Post

Tell your man he's got a new fan in So Cal !! And if he likes Krispy Kremes we gotta get him some Voodoo Donuts!! Best in the World!

"Cause Good things Come in Little Pink Boxes"

9/21/12 7:59 PM
UGCTT_El Pescadero

didnt realise it till I posted it....but Fucking Pasty is on the cover of that donught Box...New Sponsor?!?!? lol
9/21/12 8:02 PM
TheHaunted2

Steve4192 -
3rdLion - 

What I want you to do is google, good wrestling gyms in the uk. You won't find many. Because we don't wrestle Phone Post
9/22/12 5:04 AM
shiznit

UGCTT_El Pescadero - 
shiznit -

Tell your man he's got a new fan in So Cal !! And if he likes Krispy Kremes we gotta get him some Voodoo Donuts!! Best in the World!

"Cause Good things Come in Little Pink Boxes"

LMAO!!!! ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
9/22/12 5:10 AM
MarshallMMA
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

shiznit -
Bromovich - 

Awesome!

VTFU

Il see if Colin will log on via my account and post via mine till he can get an account of his own{thats if he wants too}..il try my best il bribe him with a Krispy kreme doughnut :0D will do anything for a krispy kreme loves his krispy kremes lol
Hahaha Phone Post
9/22/12 5:10 AM
shiznit

TheHaunted2 - 
Steve4192 -
3rdLion - 

What I want you to do is google, good wrestling gyms in the uk. You won't find many. Because we don't wrestle Phone Post

Untrue we wrestle EVERY DAY in our gym and have done for a long time. See Andrew Punshons takedown on Jack Marshman as reference,one of the sweetest doubles to knee tap ive seen. Il try and get 2 up and coming fighters in the gyms wrestling in there fights on here. I think youl be very suprised pleasantly suprised. Alot of british gyms cant wrestle i dont think were one of them. Colins gone try and sign up this afternoon ermm before wreslting and bjj strangely enough
9/22/12 6:02 AM
The Mammoth
102 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Awesome on getting Colin to post here. I assume the series is over and took place months ago so I hope people don't grill him on how he did and put him in a shitty position to reveal spoilers. I can't wait to watch his fights Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.