UnderGround Forums

S&C UnderGround >> Lower back pain, anyone try acupuncture?

9/21/12 8:01 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
plyme69
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Injured my lower back deadlifting three months ago that caused bruising and some pain and mobility issues on the lower left back. Pain has been on and off the past few months. Job requires me to travel and no chiroprator around. Anyone try acupunture? Maybe i can find an inversion table around here, will that help? Phone Post
9/21/12 9:08 PM
MattB ATC
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The effectiveness of the treatment you asked about all depends on what is exactly wrong with your low back, and with the information you provided we don't have enough information to really give any good advice. I'd recommend going to see a sport medicine or orthopedic physician to be properly evaluated.

If it is just a musculoskeletal injury, then acupuncture may help. It is a disc bulge, then it may help with symptoms short term, but won't fix the problem from my experience.
9/21/12 10:28 PM
plyme69

Yeah definetly should just go see someone once i get the chance. I'll try the acupuncture for now since its the only thing available at the moment. Phone Post
9/22/12 4:42 PM
ArthurKnoqOut
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

basically what MattB said. 
9/24/12 12:35 AM
Invisible Lats Syndrome

I'd see a physiotherapist first before throwing money away on accupuncture snake oil.
9/24/12 3:56 PM
ArthurKnoqOut
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

...shows how "much" you know.
10/2/12 1:33 AM
plyme69

Research has shown acupuncture to be effective with lower back pain. Got a session done a few days ago along with some cupping. So far it helped with some pain but i still need a couple more days to feel if it actually relieved my lower back pain. Phone Post
10/2/12 7:45 AM
ArthurKnoqOut

CUPPING FTW!!! My chiro does an amazing deep tissue/myofascial release (beep) and then some cupping work...amazing.

10/5/12 2:15 PM
dantheman

Edited: 10/05/12 2:17 PM
I had a disc bulge. The combination of physiotherapy, massage and acupuncture helped immensely.<br /><br />Find a provider who is experienced and one you can trust. Talk it through thoroughly and provide feedback to him or her.

Don't just go in there and say, my back hurts, gimme acupuncture.

A good provider will ask you questions and give a thorough assessment before treatment.

<br /><br />Danny

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.