UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Roy Jones Jr vs Kimbo Slice

9/22/12 7:45 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
spliff
77 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/22/12 8:00 AM

Roy Jones Jr. to fight Kimbo Slice in Jamaica

Exhibition bout on for December

Former pound for pound king Roy Jones Jr. will participate in an exhibition bout against former
street and cage-fighter turned boxer Kimbo Slice, Livingston Scott of the Jamiaca Observer confirmed today.

The bout featuring the one-time world heavyweight titlist and the undisputed champion of backyard brawling,
will take place in December to mark Jamiaca’s 50th anniversary celebrations and Jones admits that Slice,
real name Kevin Ferguson, poses a huge threat.

"He's a big streetfighter with a lot of power, so early in the fight he can be very dangerous,”
Jones stated at the event press conference on Thursday.

9/22/12 7:47 AM
NJstileNJ
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Roy is probably going to embarrass him Phone Post
9/22/12 7:49 AM
spliff
77 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

IRS never forgot
9/22/12 8:23 AM
Tylervic
70 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hope same thing happens as when he fought The machine Danny green. Phone Post
9/22/12 8:24 AM
Greenup
45 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Oh man Roy needs to hang them up... dude was to great to be doing this to himself at this age. Plz if this fight does happen get the win Roy. Phone Post
9/22/12 8:24 AM
And Wagners Cut
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Is this real life? Phone Post
9/22/12 8:26 AM
Bloodstorm

I won't lie I will be watching. Something funny will happen that's for sure Phone Post
9/22/12 8:27 AM
Kostakio
491 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

And Wagners Cut - Is this real life? Phone Post
. Phone Post
9/22/12 8:30 AM
torquemada
282 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Exhibition?

Even now, Roy can and should win easily. Phone Post
9/22/12 8:30 AM
Flexo
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

.................. Phone Post
9/22/12 8:41 AM
Fabes
165 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator
Won't happen. Phone Post
9/22/12 9:02 AM
UGCTT_AdamD
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Please no.... Phone Post
9/22/12 9:04 AM
slo ko
1026 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This will never, ever, ever, ever happen.

You don't have to be a boxing historian to fill this thread with examples of these fantasy matchups that never materialized.

And to make the task even easier you could limit yourself to just RJJ or just Mike Tyson rumors. Phone Post
9/22/12 9:25 AM
Tractor
95 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

NJstileNJ - Roy is probably going to embarrass him Phone Post
Phone Post
9/22/12 9:28 AM
banco

LOL at this:

Ferguson, 38, has baby-stepped his way through the initial part of a timid boxing career by amassing a 5-0 record against journeyman and MMA fighters, but is known for packing one of the most feared punches in the fighting business.
9/22/12 9:34 AM
spliff

it's gonna be an exhibition bout if it happens
9/22/12 9:43 AM
Brigham
124 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

spliff -  it's gonna be an exhibition bout if it happens
An exhibition does nothing for either if them and neither guy is getting any younger. I think it'll be a regular bout Phone Post
9/22/12 10:12 AM
quality

I doubt this is happening. If it does RJJ by complete destruction.

Also every time I see RJJ's song on here I listen to it. I hated it and laughed when it came out, but it has grown on me. I realize all the bullshit rappers say and realize he is the realist rapper alive. He raps about what he really did/does. The whole song is about boxing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbIajab78_s&feature=related
9/22/12 10:30 AM
Topsyjt
130 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Athletic Commission hopefully don't allow it to happen. RJJ will, even in his current declining condition, will dry leg hump Kimbo. However, sad to see this great modern day warrior still trying to recapture glory days. please don't continue. Phone Post
9/22/12 10:38 AM
GladiatorGannon
279 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This is exactly the kind of bout a fading legend like Rjj SHOULD be fighting. Getting spanked by guys he would have murdered in his prime is sad, watching him have his old level of dominance back againt an over-rated 5-0 fighter would be beautiful.
9/22/12 10:39 AM
Another Foob
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The possibility of this fight happening are even less than the possibility of successfully navigating an asteroid field.
9/22/12 10:43 AM
UGCTT_Fillthy
130 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

NJstileNJ -  Roy is probably going to embarrass him Phone Post

Ban for the use of 'probably'.
9/22/12 10:45 AM
MarcusRenatoBrownBelt

I'd love to see YOU get a rematch, some more ink, and a very very nice payday. What do u think? 1st fight was good!
9/22/12 10:55 AM
Bobby Lupo
69 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GladiatorGannon - This is exactly the kind of bout a fading legend like Rjj SHOULD be fighting. Getting spanked by guys he would have murdered in his prime is sad, watching him have his old level of dominance back againt an over-rated 5-0 fighter would be beautiful.

I agree. I'd even like to see Roy take some big money HW freakshow fights like against that Russian hairy giant Valuev or another slow guy with no power. It would sell in Europe and be little risk for Roy.

In a world where Tyson Fury is the #7 ranked HW boxer in the word, and is the only guy in the top 10 under 30, there's plenty of money to be made in HW boxing for Roy and Kimbo, which is kind of sad for boxing, but good for them
9/22/12 10:57 AM
MarcusRenatoBrownBelt

LoL at the RoyJones fanboys.. Kimbo puts his hands on him like Sandusky at Penn State and TAKES his cornbread. Kimbo is younger, more skilled ,stronger, and has tons of real fight MMA experience. Kimbo shatters roy's almost glassine jaw with a technical overhand right that makes roy wobble like a gamecock.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.