UnderGround Forums

HolyGround >> Latvian Orthodox

9/22/12 11:10 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Juijitsuboxer
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LOVE THIS!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITY4eTUYups&feature=related
9/25/12 6:03 AM
phydeau
198 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think it's sad that most of what people "know" about the bible they learned from TV.

I'm not talking run of the mill, walk about town Americans. I'm talking people who call themselves christians. Biblical illiteracy INSIDE American chruches is pandemic.

When I was younger, my Christian "friends" used to go out of their way to shame me because, no matter how I tried, I couldn't work up any kind of zeal for evangelism. Try as I might to fake it, all I ended up doing is coming across as fake.

Finally I came to the conclusion that the Body of Christ was sufficiently large, and the need inside was sufficiently great, that I could focus on teaching the bible to fellow Christians 100% and that other, better gifted, Christians could take care of evangelism.
9/25/12 11:23 AM
Juijitsuboxer
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I just love George Costanza's parents.... They remind me of my mom, who is in her 60's and is from Long Island, NY.

9/26/12 12:07 AM
RoidsGracie
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think the best examples of religious literacy in the US from a TV show is King of the Hill. Actually I think that show probably has the best depiction of American Christianity that I've seen on any TV program - animated or otherwise.
9/26/12 10:28 AM
phydeau
198 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RoidsGracie - I think the best examples of religious literacy in the US from a TV show is King of the Hill. Actually I think that show probably has the best depiction of American Christianity that I've seen on any TV program - animated or otherwise.

Hmm... I wasn't a regular watcher of the show, but the only two depictions of religion I remember were Peggy watching the Spanish language TV show about the priest with a .45, and that unmarried woman pastor from North Dekota who had the hots for Bill.
9/29/12 12:12 AM
RoidsGracie
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

There was this episode where Peggy Hill pretended to be a nun so she could teach at a local Catholic school. She was looking through the class agenda and she was supposed to teach about transubstantiation. She had no idea what it was so she just said "Okay how bout we just 'rap' about God for the next hour or so?"

And there was another episode where Hank was complaining about how something Bobby was more expensive then the family Bible. "The family Bible doesn't even cost that much and Jesus wrote it!"

Another episode involved Hank sending Bobby off to this church youth group which was run by a this heavily youth tattooed youth pastor who played in a rock band and did extreme sports like rock climbing and also skateboarded.
10/21/12 10:19 PM
Philanderer
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Video got removed

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.