UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Anthony Johnson TKOs Jake Rosholt video

9/22/12 2:08 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1131 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Xtreme Fight Night 9
Hard Rock Cafe
Tulsa, Oklahoma
September 21st, 2012

Rosholt and Johnson both hoped a decisive win might earn them a place back in the UFC. The first round fairly even, but in the second, 2004 JUCO national champion Johnson won it, with a head kick.

Johnson was released by the UFC in January following a series of three missed weight cuts, first at 170, and then at 185. Johnson now fights at 205, and is 3-0 since his release.

"I've still got to get comfortable with this 205 (pound) body," said Johnson following the win. "Bear with me."

XFN 9 was a mixed card, with boxing, kick boxing, and MMA.

Pro MMA results:
Champ Andrew Todhunter beat Brandon Gaines via submission (rear-naked choke) - Round 2, 2:10
Anthony Johnson beat Jake Rosholt via TKO (head kick) - Round 2, 4:22
Dylan Smith beat Levi Avera via submission (rear-naked choke) - Round 2, 1:40 (new welterweight champ)
Jesse Chaffin beat Dave McAfee via submission (guillotine choke) - Round 3, 0:33
Kathina Catron beat Amber Powell via submission (guillotine choke) - Round 1, 1:41
Ed Cline beat Alex Rojas via TKO (strikes) - Round 1, 2:05
Chase McDougal beat Jake Shanks via submission (rear-naked choke) - Round 1, 0:51
Gerit Smith beat Austin Wells via TKO (strikes) - Round 1, 1:51

Jake Rosholt vs. Anthony Rumble fight video

Round 1:

Round 2:

9/22/12 2:31 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Matt Ward
137 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hardly a ko Phone Post
9/22/12 2:36 PM
jujitsujamo
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Another fight not listed on this was TJ "The Talent" Arrington beating Jonathon Martinez for the XFL amateur 125 lb championship. Phone Post
9/22/12 2:41 PM
punchdrunkMMA
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That rope set-up was pathetic. Shame on the promotion.
9/22/12 2:45 PM
Dogman
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Watching that reminded me how retarded it is to have MMA in a ring!!!
9/22/12 2:48 PM
supraHAM
75 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Matt Ward - Hardly a ko Phone Post
Phone Post
9/22/12 2:49 PM
Stubbsy
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This is an awesome fight! Johnson throwing bombs! Great entertainment! Phone Post
9/22/12 2:56 PM
YHTOMIT2001
127 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dogman - Watching that reminded me how retarded it is to have MMA in a ring!!!

This
9/22/12 2:59 PM
MostUGersAreGhey

I have to agree, I prefer it in a cage as well.

I say let Rumble come back to the UFC under the condition he doesn't try to cut any lower than 205. I don't think he'll be a contender at 205 by any means but matchups with the likes of Thiago Silva, Brandon Vera, Rampage, and Machida would all be exciting fights. I'd say if he fought the four of them, he'd probably be 2-2.
9/22/12 3:05 PM
ranier wolfcastle
955 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

YHTOMIT2001 - 

This

every time i see guys falling thru the ropes i wanna make a highlight of various fights where this happens. but its far too much work
9/22/12 3:08 PM
norcal3737

Good for Rumble. He looked a little stiffer than usual, but he was switching his combos and kicks up very well. At some points, he was just winging BOMBS when he saw Jake hurt, and still had gas in him.

Give him another year to fine tune his skills, and he will be a legit contender. Solid wresting base with some stand up that's getting better and better each time he fights.
9/22/12 3:14 PM
MahatmaPetey
362 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ranier wolfcastle -
YHTOMIT2001 - 

This

every time i see guys falling thru the ropes i wanna make a highlight of various fights where this happens. but its far too much work
There was a kickboxing match after the Rumble fight where a guy got knocked out through the ropes and nearly cracked his head into a laptop. Phone Post
9/22/12 3:15 PM
AceAtGSU
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"I've still got to get comfortable with this 205 (pound) body," said Johnson following the win. "Bear with me."

Your kidding right, you have always been a 205er, instead he should say I have to get comfortable with fighting people close in size to me.
9/22/12 3:53 PM
EckY
50 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It wasnt the fact that it was in a ring that was retarded, it was the ropes, they were WAY too loose.
9/22/12 3:59 PM
UGCTT_Charles Bronsons Mustache
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Meh, shit fight.
9/22/12 4:11 PM
ChrisBJJ
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

EckY - 

It wasnt the fact that it was in a ring that was retarded, it was the ropes, they were WAY too loose.

I agree, I really like watching MMA in a ring as a spectator but I think the cage is more suited.
9/22/12 4:39 PM
Dogman

Its more than the discustingly loose ropes, its the fact that fighters go into the ropes and the action is fucked up, requiring a restart! and AGAIN ropes are retarded for MMA!!!
9/22/12 4:39 PM
Dogman

ranier wolfcastle - 
YHTOMIT2001 - 

This

Vote up for the great idea
9/22/12 5:08 PM
UGCTT_Capnsavem
562 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MostUGersAreGhey -

I have to agree, I prefer it in a cage as well.

I say let Rumble come back to the UFC under the condition he doesn't try to cut any lower than 205. I don't think he'll be a contender at 205 by any means but matchups with the likes of Thiago Silva, Brandon Vera, Rampage, and Machida would all be exciting fights. I'd say if he fought the four of them, he'd probably be 2-2.
yes. Phone Post
9/22/12 6:58 PM
WRESTLENOW

i predict rumble will miss weight at 205

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.