UnderGround Forums

S&C UnderGround >> Anyone used an inversion table?

9/22/12 5:35 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Leigh
760 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

There is an infomercial on TV and I was just curious if anyone has any experience. I have no clue. Phone Post
9/22/12 6:03 PM
Genocide_Junkie
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah, I have one and use it whenever my lower back gives me problems. Helped a ton when I herniated a disc. Phone Post
9/22/12 7:35 PM
MattB ATC
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have used one personally and used it for therapy with athletes. I would warn about which one you would purchase, as some of the infomercial ones seem a bit poor in quality. A lot depends on how and where the equipment locks on your body. For example, if it locks around your ankles, but allows for too much pressure/traction at the ankle joint, it will effect the traction being allowed at the low back.

For disc injuries I have found that it has helped with symptoms and depending on the severity, it has helped completely resolve some issues. I have had success with SI joint and lumbar facet injuries as well. I would warn its use for those with blood pressure issues though.
9/23/12 2:19 AM
Leigh
760 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thanks guys. Phone Post
9/24/12 11:43 PM
Sequoyah Sandford
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I wish i had one. Threw my lower back out a few weeks ago. Hear they work great. Phone Post
9/25/12 2:19 AM
BALLSDEEP
156 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How much do they usually go for?
9/25/12 9:49 AM
cdueck
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If you get one make sure it locks your ankles in tight and has good cushion for your feet. I had one and loved it but it was too hard on my feet to spend any real time in it. The most I could ever do at a time was about ten minutes.
9/25/12 9:59 AM
vermonter
88 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have never had a back injury and if I had the cash and space i'd definitely get one.
9/25/12 5:49 PM
Sequoyah Sandford
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

vermonter - I have never had a back injury and if I had the cash and space i'd definitely get one.
From what I understand they take pressure off of your disks. Phone Post
9/26/12 12:41 PM
vermonter
88 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sequoyah Sandford - 
vermonter - I have never had a back injury and if I had the cash and space i'd definitely get one.
From what I understand they take pressure off of your disks. Phone Post

Yeah def. Gravity is a bitch on the spine. Laying flat on your back and inverting both help counteract this.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.