UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Special Jones interview tonight on FX

9/22/12 5:37 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1032 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Tonight during the UFC 152 on FX prelims show, the UFC aired a special interview with champion Jon Jones by UFC commentator Joe Rogan.

The interview gave a candid look at how events in the past six months have effected Jon Jones.

" My DUI set me free," Jones said. "It set me free from a lot of expectations. I was trying to be perfect for people. That's why people called me fake. I was trying to be the golden boy of the UFC."

"I believe in some cases that MMA fans, and sports fans in general, have short memories," Jones said. "I was embarrassed for all the people that stand behind me (of the DUI charge). That's who I was embarrassed for."

Jones seemed calm and reflective during the interview with Joe Rogan, showing regret for the actions that led to the DUI and and a honest interest in improving himself personally.

Jones addressed in a 2nd segment the reasons for him not taking the fight with Sonnen at UFC 151, which he mostly pointed to his lack of respect for Chael Sonnen.

9/22/12 5:43 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
3 Sided Square
318 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

From the leaked transcript:

"It's non-stop from this point on in the UFC

I take what I want

After I take Vitor Belfort, I want that Gold sucka

Junior we comin for you nigga!"
9/22/12 5:49 PM
Lord Nitemare
275 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

3 Sided Square - From the leaked transcript:

I take what I want

I must concur
9/22/12 5:52 PM
Steve4192
213 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jesus will be cornering Jones
9/22/12 5:55 PM
willmarks1991
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In Phone Post
9/22/12 5:56 PM
JeffersonDArcyChoke
261 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Blah blah blah, champ, blah blah blah, Dana White and me are cool, blah global blah marketing, blah blah blah.

It will be one big stroke job. Phone Post
9/22/12 6:01 PM
Rtchamp15
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He will announce the retirement of his beard, rip beard. Phone Post
9/22/12 6:06 PM
Godmode
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In for Superfight announcement.
9/22/12 6:08 PM
beanouno
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

3 Sided Square - From the leaked transcript:

I take what I want

I'd vtfu if i could. Genuine lol. Phone Post
9/22/12 6:08 PM
Saltyballs
155 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If I could believe a word that came out of his mouth, it might be a fun interview to watch. But after the last year or so, Mr. "you won't ever see me getting a DUI" Jones has kind of dropped a notch or two down the trustworthiness ladder. Phone Post
9/22/12 6:09 PM
Lord Nitemare
275 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JeffersonDArcyChoke -  Blah blah blah, champ, blah blah blah, Dana White and me are cool, blah global blah marketing, blah blah blah.

It will be one big stroke job. Phone Post

It would be hilarious if Vitor finishes him, Dana blows him off, and Jon throws a hissy fit on national television. I would fucking die if that shit happened, literally Ill have a stroke.
9/22/12 6:12 PM
UGCTT_AdamD
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Guarantee its some kind off (half-assed) apology. You heard it here first folks. Phone Post
9/22/12 6:13 PM
pennviachoke
1053 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hmmm Phone Post
9/22/12 6:13 PM
UGCTT_AdamD
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_AdamD - Guarantee its some kind off (half-assed) apology. You heard it here first folks. Phone Post
Or just excuses about 151, its definitely an attempt to repair his image with the fans. Phone Post
9/22/12 6:15 PM
Hong Kong Phooey
774 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

PR 101 , move right along folks
9/22/12 6:19 PM
DonDon11
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

They will try and repair his image. That's what this interview is going to be about. Phone Post
9/22/12 6:29 PM
bruised
248 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Godmode - In for Superfight announcement.
It'd be sweet to hear that they're working on a super-fight with AS. Perhaps JBJ's comment re: defending the double-leg would be the start of hyping the fight. Either way, I have one more reason to cheer for JBJ :P Phone Post
9/22/12 6:33 PM
bruised
248 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

And thinking about the AS/SB fight, that could be a good 205 intro fight for AS if SB doesn't upset the apple cart. Phone Post
9/22/12 6:35 PM
nevertap
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How taste DFW's pee pee? Phone Post
9/22/12 6:43 PM
kinkle

He will talk about how people don't understand the "real" Jones, how in real life he really is a humble, friendly, likable guy. He will thank God, go on to blame the UFC cancellation, DUI, on other people (Dana, Hendo, Chael). He'll say how everything he does is for his fans (I guess that's why he pulled out of the fight), and will then apologize (apparently for nothing, since he won't take responsibility for anything).

His attempt at damage control will end up making people hate him MUCH more.
9/22/12 6:49 PM
fryingarmbar
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

kinkle - He will talk about how people don't understand the "real" Jones, how in real life he really is a humble, friendly, likable guy. He will thank God, go on to blame the UFC cancellation, DUI, on other people (Dana, Hendo, Chael). He'll say how everything he does is for his fans (I guess that's why he pulled out of the fight), and will then apologize (apparently for nothing, since he won't take responsibility for anything).

His attempt at damage control will end up making people hate him MUCH more.
I think editing will save what would otherwise be everything you just described. Phone Post
9/22/12 6:58 PM
andyman011

Going to heavyweight Phone Post
9/22/12 7:01 PM
kinkle

andyman011 -  Going to heavyweight Phone Post

Then he will refuse fights with anybody that he doesn't have a height/reach advantage over.
9/22/12 7:09 PM
diggity

EatMyRashGuard - He is going to call out Andy Silva who will then get "injured" in his upcoming bout against Bonnar and then will continue to rattle that he only wants big fights against little welter weights like GSP or Diaz or he is interested in finally taking on the most deserving middle weights out there like Rockhold or Franklin.
Conspiracy much? Angry. Phone Post
9/22/12 7:40 PM
Nuckin Futs
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'll never forget when Special Delivery Jones was squashed at Wrestlemania in a few seconds.

Looking forward to this interview with Special

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.