UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> DFW: Jones & Sonnen want to fight each other

9/23/12 7:39 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1157 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

UFC President Dana White famously tried to make the fight one, but was turned down by Jon Jones, who agreed to the opponent, but not to the timing.

Although Chael Sonnnen still has to beat Forrest Griffin in December at UFC 155, with Jon Jones' win over Vitor Belfort last night, the possibility of the fight has resurfaced, and White seems game, and says the fighters are too.

"I can tell you right now, I think they both want that fight," White said following the UFC 152 news conference. "I think there are other fights that make more sense. (But) people do want to see it. If enough people want to see it, I guess I'd have to make it."

"He's going to call out Jon Jones, no doubt, (if he beats Griffin)."

"Everybody talks about Sonnen talking his way into fights. But you know that guy's showing up to fight and win. That's why I don't really have reservations about it. When I called Jon and I thought he was going to take that fight – Chael will fight anybody. That's one of the things I respect about him."

Read entire article...

9/23/12 7:41 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
ZombiedKoreanTurnipHead
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pointless. Phone Post
9/23/12 8:00 AM
SamboMMA
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So Sonnen talks his way into another title fight? Yes fanboys keep telling yourselves this is not prowrestling.
9/23/12 8:03 AM
Lazer MMA

JBJ via hellbow in RD.2 at the latest. The fight is a joke. That would be the first fight I bet heavy and still would not bother to watch.

Dana needs to stop with the clown match making.
9/23/12 8:12 AM
Davy

This would be better than people think. Sonnen would pressure him from the start and not let him do his unorthodox striking.. Chael could and would take him down. Jon jones is amazing, but he doesn't have quite the power or finishing ability as Anderson does. Phone Post
9/23/12 8:27 AM
Standup29

If he walks through Forrest it would be hard to deny him. I know WE know where Forrest is at in his career but it would be easy to sell at that point.

Chael is still the only one in the UFC to even come close to beating Anderson. He would have just destroyed (remember I said if he walks through Forrest) a former champion and most casual fans like Forrest. Then add in the fact Jones already turned down a fight with Chael and proclaimed him to be a dangerous opponent.

Chael also shows up to fight so let's not pretend he doesn't have a chance. He may not win but 2 of the 3 top lhw's have already lost to him and 2 are also fighting (Hendo and Machida). So depending on how Chael looks against Forrest, it could be a reasonable match up (not saying there aren't others more deserving) and big fights sell. Win or lose right now, Chael is a big fight. Phone Post
9/23/12 8:28 AM
Kunzy

Davy -  This would be better than people think. Sonnen would pressure him from the start and not let him do his unorthodox striking.. Chael could and would take him down. Jon jones is amazing, but he doesn't have quite the power or finishing ability as Anderson does. Phone Post

Keep dreaming white boy lol
9/23/12 9:28 AM
TheMorg826
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

$$$ Phone Post
9/23/12 9:47 AM
guardbr8kr

UFC is becoming more and more like boxing every day.
9/23/12 9:52 AM
Dazednconfused
134 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The one thing you know about Sonnen is he's not gonna just stare at Jones. Hell come in and get right in Jones face like he always does. He will push the pace. Who knows, the more I think about it, the more I think it's not that crazy thinking Chael has a shot. Phone Post
9/23/12 9:53 AM
spliff
77 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

guardbr8kr - UFC is becoming more and more like boxing every day.

this is the type of shit that keeps jon fitch up all night
9/23/12 10:05 AM
myjawhurts
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SamboMMA - So Sonnen talks his way into another title fight? Yes fanboys keep telling yourselves this is not prowrestling.
Fuck talking yourself into big fights Sonnen. Phone Post
9/23/12 10:11 AM
idsmashit

Davy -  This would be better than people think. Sonnen would pressure him from the start and not let him do his unorthodox striking.. Chael could and would take him down. Jon jones is amazing, but he doesn't have quite the power or finishing ability as Anderson does. Phone Post

Depends which Sonnen shows up... He gave up against Anderson in the rematch so Jones is bound to get him in 5 rd's and his strikes are brutal/
9/23/12 10:20 AM
Davy

idsmashit -

Depends which Sonnen shows up... He gave up against Anderson in the rematch so Jones is bound to get him in 5 rd's and his strikes are brutal/
I'm looking forward to Sonnen vs Griffin. Like someone said above, if he runs through forest he could be a real contender. Haven't seem him at 205 in a long time, maybe he will have better cardio. Look at some pics of
Him in training he gets pretty huge Phone Post
9/23/12 10:25 AM
Ironhouse
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

spliff - 
guardbr8kr - UFC is becoming more and more like boxing every day.

this is the type of shit that keeps jon fitch up all night

I loled. Good quote.
9/23/12 10:25 AM
rezzz
51 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Of course Dana would like to make that fight happen. Lots of money to be made. Phone Post
9/23/12 10:41 AM
JetSetter

Great, Sonnens mouth gets him a big payday to lose for the 13th time... I'm not interested! Phone Post
9/23/12 10:48 AM
MITman2k
88 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/23/12 10:57 AM
"Everybody talks about Sonnen talking his way into fights"  www.mmamania.com/2012/8/21/3258099/ufc-dana-white-chael-sonnen-jon-jones-forrest-griffin  and yes I know minds/circumstances can change plans but it can still called out for what it is/was... Now if Jones is indeed out for a while, a question could be if Chael(assuming he beats forrest) Is willing to fight the winner of the Henderson/Machida fight, if he won that fight then I'd definitely be more interested in seeing him fight Jones(I don't know if he would fight Hendo i it came to that however).

9/23/12 10:55 AM
Jaybrone
443 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sonnen earned his fight with Silva the first time and he earned the rematch. Now this fight he hasnt done shit to earn and it makes no sense. Then again neither did Vitor. And that armbar was close to finishing the fight. So you never know in MMA. 

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.