UnderGround Forums

What if ... >> What type of losers

9/23/12 9:28 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
JLindahl
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sets out to get someone frozen daily

This "karma" system is ruining this website

You have the "I want as high as possible vote ups" crowd who no longer post anything of substance if they think there is a chance of someone disagreeing

Then you have the even sadder crowd who just vote people down because they find it humorous

This website has pushed nearly every notable fighter off and now it's pushing off all other good posters

So bring on the hate I know it's coming

Started the thread plus 2 let's see how long it will take before you fags try to get me frozen Phone Post
9/23/12 9:30 AM
Boondock
111 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Who got frozen? Phone Post
9/23/12 9:32 AM
JLindahl

Boondock - Who got frozen? Phone Post
A certain mod likes to tell people they are running his og experience I won't say who he targeted as it would only bring more vote downs and attention to the poster in question Phone Post
9/23/12 9:37 AM
Boondock
111 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JLindahl -
A certain mod likes to tell people they are running his og experience I won't say who he targeted as it would only bring more vote downs and attention to the poster in question Phone Post
But isn't this your whole point? Shed light on injustice?

Gotta be Art or EY. Phone Post
9/23/12 9:38 AM
DaveFu
1057 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

VTFD!!!!! x3

LOL!!!!!

Just kidding. 

It changes things a bit, but I would say most of the abuse/misuse is on the UG. A lot of "The ug fucked up my e-cred" threads lately. 

Trust me when I say that being a negger is a blip on the mod radar. I personally think mods shouldn't have a karma and they shouldn't be able to vote either.  

9/23/12 9:38 AM
JLindahl

Boondock -
JLindahl -
But isn't this your whole point? Shed light on injustice?

Gotta be Art or EY. Phone Post
No the person asked not to bring attention directly to him

Ill pm you if you must know Phone Post
9/23/12 9:41 AM
JLindahl

DaveFu -  VTFD!!!!! x3

LOL!!!!!

Just kidding. 

It changes things a bit, but I would say most of the abuse/misuse is on the UG. A lot of "The ug fucked up my e-cred" threads lately. 

Trust me when I say that being a negger is a blip on the mod radar. I personally think mods shouldn't have a karma and they shouldn't be able to vote either.  

Except when a mod doesn't like a poster and assembles a group of posters to vote down threads created by a specific poster in order to get him frozen is ridiculous

My name is the same on ps3 it's my actual name as well I'm not ey Phone Post
9/23/12 9:42 AM
gangsterkathryn
70 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Is the regarding another thread created yesterday, in which I was traded for said OP's wife for a weekend? Phone Post
9/23/12 9:46 AM
JLindahl

gangsterkathryn - Is the regarding another thread created yesterday, in which I was traded for said OP's wife for a weekend? Phone Post
Quite possibly Phone Post
9/23/12 9:47 AM
Cajun Pest
259 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I believe that person state this in a thread yesterday.

When they introduced the Karma system I believe it was Jason who said that people wouldn't get frozen for random vote downs. If it is a Mod doing this, Kirik needs to be notified.

Dat jus don't make no sense Phone Post
DaveFu
1057 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Some mods here have that "hall monitor" mentality.

That is why I think they shouldn't be able to participate in the process. They're here in a professional capacity and I think part of that means not using their authority to stroke their own egos.
gangsterkathryn
70 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm thinking so.

And a mod that did not answer a certain friend request? Phone Post
9/23/12 9:49 AM
JLindahl

gangsterkathryn - I'm thinking so.

And a mod that did not answer a certain friend request? Phone Post
Exactly which mod your thinking of Phone Post
9/23/12 9:50 AM
JLindahl

Cajun Pest - I believe that person state this in a thread yesterday.

When they introduced the Karma system I believe it was Jason who said that people wouldn't get frozen for random vote downs. If it is a Mod doing this, Kirik needs to be notified.

Dat jus don't make no sense Phone Post
A certain mod has it out for people and the funny thing is that he is a really well known og mod

And you are correct Jason said they would try to make sure no one would be getting frozen for cheap vote downs Phone Post
9/23/12 9:58 AM
clattymine
351 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm sure I'm opening a can of worms and I'm definitely getting involved in something I have no idea about ....

To address the two different issues I see going on in this thread.  The whole mod with a vendetta thing has been going on forever. There's always someone claiming some mod has a personal issue with a certain poster and is looking to get rid of them.  I'm not saying its not true, I'm just saying its isolated and very few and far between. If you have a real issue, super mods like Kirik and Jason are always very fair and open to hearing your side of things. If you ask where vtfd's are coming from, they'll be able to tell you and see what posts of yours are causing issues.  At least I think they can see that .... 

The other issue is the karma system.  Overall, I think it's great. There are some people that see it as a challenge to get as many vtfu's as possible and have changed their posting behavior noticeably. To me it seems like the more brash posters have curbed some of their more abrasive behaviors since they can now see where they rank. In my opinion it's doing more good than bad in that regard. Sure you're going to have some abuse and lots of differing opinions, but that's what happens when you invoke any change (especially around here). By the end of the year, the karma system will barely be noticed and hardly complained about. .  

Fwiw, I have no effect on policy or any of that shit around here.  I'm a poster first, mod second. If you ever have any issues, please feel free to PM me and I will do what I canto get shit sorted out. I like to think I'm fair, and level headed and I'm willing to not moderate things unless they violate terms the terms I fthe site, not just my opinions. 
JLindahl

Lol someone voted me down but didn't have the balls to post anything

More proof that karma system is bullshit Phone Post
Sagiv Lapkin
1709 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

NerdQuestionOfTheDay.com, Owner
JLindahl - 

I know you're talking about me, but  what you're saying is untrue and Jason confirmed as much yesterday. I'd appreciate if you don't spread misinformation about me. It was just Nader being a lier.

I have never encouraged any poster to vote down any other poster.

If I wanted someone frozen...I could just....you know....freeze them.

Thanks.

9/23/12 10:01 AM
JLindahl

clattymine - I'm sure I'm opening a can of worms and I'm definitely getting involved in something I have no idea about ....

To address the two different issues I see going on in this thread.  The whole mod with a vendetta thing has been going on forever. There's always someone claiming some mod has a personal issue with a certain poster and is looking to get rid of them.  I'm not saying its not true, I'm just saying its isolated and very few and far between. If you have a real issue, super mods like Kirik and Jason are always very fair and open to hearing your side of things. If you ask where vtfd's are coming from, they'll be able to tell you and see what posts of yours are causing issues.  At least I think they can see that .... 

The other issue is the karma system.  Overall, I think it's great. There are some people that see it as a challenge to get as many vtfu's as possible and have changed their posting behavior noticeably. To me it seems like the more brash posters have curbed some of their more abrasive behaviors since they can now see where they rank. In my opinion it's doing more good than bad in that regard. Sure you're going to have some abuse and lots of differing opinions, but that's what happens when you invoke any change (especially around here). By the end of the year, the karma system will barely be noticed and hardly complained about. .  

Fwiw, I have no effect on policy or any of that shit around here.  I'm a poster first, mod second. If you ever have any issues, please feel free to PM me and I will do what I canto get shit sorted out. I like to think I'm fair, and level headed and I'm willing to not moderate things unless they violate terms the terms I fthe site, not just my opinions. 
I agree most mods are like you

And I appreciate the well thought out post

I agree that this is a somewhat localized incident but this mod for sure doesn't like certain posters and often goes out of his way to make it known Phone Post
9/23/12 10:03 AM
JLindahl

Sagiv Lapkin -
JLindahl - 

I know you're talking about me, but  what you're saying is untrue and Jason confirmed as much yesterday. I'd appreciate if you don't spread misinformation about me. It was just Nader being a lier.

Thanks.

No you couldn't as you know that would violate your jobs guidelines

You can't go freeze someone because you want to and you know it Phone Post
9/23/12 10:03 AM
DaveFu

Well someone didn't like what you had to say, they just wiped out my VTFU.
9/23/12 10:04 AM
gangsterkathryn

Honestly, I don't think it's going down like you think it is. The mod in question, in my opinion, is not as evil and vindictive as everyone against him would make it seem. Everyone always wants to point out the negative and forgets about all the positive he has done. Since I cannot be specific, I just want to point out all the people this mod has helped, including myself and one of my friends, when times were tough. He is a good person and a good friend.

You should really get to know him before making accusations against him due to your being friends with the certain OP. I have nothing against said OP, either... I like him and have a good time messing with him, obviously, but I know the mod in question much better and can honestly say, he's a good dude. Phone Post
9/23/12 10:05 AM
Sagiv Lapkin
1709 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

NerdQuestionOfTheDay.com, Owner
JLindahl - 
Sagiv Lapkin -
JLindahl - 

Thanks.

Well, yeah. I don't abuse my Mod powers. But I've also never encouraged anyone to vote down anyone else, whether I like them or not.

I can coexist with people I dislike. :)

9/23/12 10:05 AM
JLindahl

DaveFu - Well someone didn't like what you had to say, they just wiped out my VTFU.
Yup Phone Post
9/23/12 10:07 AM
JLindahl

gangsterkathryn - Honestly, I don't think it's going down like you think it is. The mod in question, in my opinion, is not as evil and vindictive as everyone against him would make it seem. Everyone always wants to point out the negative and forgets about all the positive he has done. Since I cannot be specific, I just want to point out all the people this mod has helped, including myself and one of my friends, when times were tough. He is a good person and a good friend.

You should really get to know him before making accusations against him due to your being friends with the certain OP. I have nothing against said OP, either... I like him and have a good time messing with him, obviously, but I know the mod in question much better and can honestly say, he's a good dude. Phone Post
He shut me down when I tried to be civil in the past and I actually thought like you did even to the point where I would defend him to other posters Phone Post
9/23/12 10:12 AM
JLindahl

Sagiv Lapkin -
JLindahl - 
Sagiv Lapkin -
JLindahl - 

Thanks.

Well, yeah. I don't abuse my Mod powers. But I've also never encouraged anyone to vote down anyone else, whether I like them or not.

I can coexist with people I dislike. :)

There's plenty of people I don't like one here (you're actually not one of them) but I doubt you could name them

Now on the other hand it's fairly well known who you don't like and how much you don't care for them

This thread was about the karma system more so than any other situation whether it was you or not its still happening and as someone entrusted to "police" this place if you're not helping you're part of the problem

If you had nothing to do with it ill let that die unless I find proof you did

Like I said this was more about the karma system being a way to get people frozen
Actually ruining their og experience Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.