UnderGround Forums

What if ... >> What type of losers

9/23/12 10:16 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Sagiv Lapkin
1705 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

NerdQuestionOfTheDay.com, Owner
 Yeah man I hear you. But you need SO many votes to get frozen that it's not really something that people can do easily (on purpose).

So I think in general it works. I'm sure there will be  tiny amount of times where it's exploited (like anything can be) but I don't think being frozen from votes down is something a normal person needs to worry about.

You have to post something really pretty bad to get that many seperate people to vote you down in that short period of time.
9/23/12 10:18 AM
Sagiv Lapkin
1705 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

And the "being frozen from votes down" thing isn't new. It's always been there, even before karma was visible. (in case you didn't know)
9/23/12 10:23 AM
gangsterkathryn
70 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I may be oblivious but I don't understand the dislike for Sagiv. Makes no sense, especially with all the good he's done and offers to do.

I'm glad that this isn't entirely directed at him. I'm just hella nosy... Phone Post
9/23/12 10:25 AM
Sagiv Lapkin

gangsterkathryn -  I may be oblivious but I don't understand the dislike for Sagiv. Makes no sense, especially with all the good he's done and offers to do.

I'm glad that this isn't entirely directed at him. I'm just hella nosy... Phone Post

Well, it's a very small amount of people but those people are very vocal. They're just butthurt that I dislike them and that I make no effort to hide it. One of them admitted so much the other day, that they like me and the fact I dislike them makes them strike out against me. Childish, but....it's the internet....whatcha gonna do? lol

;)

9/23/12 10:25 AM
JLindahl
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sagiv Lapkin -  Yeah man I hear you. But you need SO many votes to get frozen that it's not really something that people can do easily (on purpose).

So I think in general it works. I'm sure there will be  tiny amount of times where it's exploited (like anything can be) but I don't think being frozen from votes down is something a normal person needs to worry about.

You have to post something really pretty bad to get that many seperate people to vote you down in that short period of time.
7 people vote down a thread you make and you're frozen for 24hrs not hard to get 7 posters Phone Post
9/23/12 10:26 AM
JLindahl

Sagiv Lapkin -  And the "being frozen from votes down" thing isn't new. It's always been there, even before karma was visible. (in case you didn't know)
I did the positive and negative thing existed too iirc just not visible Phone Post
9/23/12 10:28 AM
JLindahl

JLindahl -
Sagiv Lapkin -  Yeah man I hear you. But you need SO many votes to get frozen that it's not really something that people can do easily (on purpose).

7 people vote down a thread you make and you're frozen for 24hrs not hard to get 7 posters Phone Post
Sorry my math is off its 24 vote downs correct? And the op vote is worth 3 so 8 people Phone Post
9/23/12 10:28 AM
Sagiv Lapkin

JLindahl - 

I'll check with Jason on that, but I think you need 20 different people (even though OP posts count for 3). I will report back.
9/23/12 10:30 AM
JLindahl

gangsterkathryn - I may be oblivious but I don't understand the dislike for Sagiv. Makes no sense, especially with all the good he's done and offers to do.

Us Jews tend to enjoy having the "scoop" on things so I understand
The reason I didn't name either one is because it was about the system and then the poster asked who got frozen Phone Post
9/23/12 10:31 AM
JLindahl

Sagiv Lapkin -
JLindahl - 

I'll check with Jason on that, but I think you need 20 different people (even though OP posts count for 3). I will report back.
Ok

like I said I don't have a problem with you I wasn't even going to bring you into this I didn't expect the first post to be "who was it" Phone Post
9/23/12 10:33 AM
Sagiv Lapkin

Yeah, I hear you. But it was a lie and Jason confirmed as much.
9/23/12 10:39 AM
JLindahl

Sagiv Lapkin -  Yeah, I hear you. But it was a lie and Jason confirmed as much.
In that case I apologize Phone Post
9/23/12 10:48 AM
Sagiv Lapkin

JLindahl -
No worries. Accepted. :)

We tribesmen need to stick together lol Phone Post
9/23/12 10:52 AM
JLindahl

Sagiv Lapkin -
JLindahl -

Chosen people ftw Phone Post
9/23/12 12:38 PM
gangsterkathryn
70 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JLindahl -
Sagiv Lapkin -
JLindahl -

Chosen people ftw Phone Post
!

=] Phone Post
9/23/12 4:45 PM
THE DEAN
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I wasn't even here for two days and got voted down twice.

LOL
9/23/12 5:08 PM
JLindahl

h u l k s m a s h -
h u l k s m a s h - Copy Paste from Chris on how the new karma system works

So we are continuing with tweaking the new karma system to be most efficient. In that spirit, we've rolled out some updates this morning that will hopefully encourage more people to use it.

First change is that everyone has a new number of votes per 24 hour period, depending on your user level:

High Mods/Fighters - 10 votes

Other Mods – 8 votes

Business Members – 6 votes

Blue Members - 5 votes

Registered Members– 1 vote

The only other update to the system is that now when you vote up or down an original post, that member receives 3 votes up or down in their tally. This will encourage or should encourage users to create threads with good content and good intentions.

Also currently the same logic applies whereby should you receive 20 votes down in a 24 hour period, your account will be automatically frozen for 24 hours. 

The last part reads as somewhat ambiguous.

Needs to clarify if the 20 votes down are in regards to points accumulated or number of people that have to vote you down.   I'm leaning to number of points because otherwise it's useless to have a 3 point up/down vote for an original post.

I'm also curious to know if up votes help towards nullifying down votes in terms of being frozen.  It seems like they should.  But I have a feeling they have no effect & it's only the down votes that count.  Which would make them useless except for identifying solid posters.
It's 7 people and you are frozen Phone Post
9/23/12 6:57 PM
gangsterkathryn

^
I think most of us don't have to worry about seven people disliking us so much, they vote us down... Phone Post
9/23/12 7:19 PM
ArtMinaj

JLindahl - 
Sagiv Lapkin -
JLindahl - 
Boondock - Who got frozen? Phone Post
A certain mod likes to tell people they are running his og experience I won't say who he targeted as it would only bring more vote downs and attention to the poster in question Phone Post

I know you're talking about me, but  what you're saying is untrue and Jason confirmed as much yesterday. I'd appreciate if you don't spread misinformation about me. It was just Nader being a lier.

I have never encouraged any poster to vote down any other poster.

If I wanted someone frozen...I could just....you know....freeze them.

Thanks.

No you couldn't as you know that would violate your jobs guidelines

You can't go freeze someone because you want to and you know it Phone Post

He is a fair mod.  The reason he would "want" to freeze someone would be that they broke a rule.  He froze me for bashing Sylvia and he was nice enough to let me know it was him.
9/23/12 7:21 PM
ArtMinaj

When people are getting voted down like crazy, this causes the mod to take a look at what they are being voted down.

I get voted down out of spite.  I could cure cancer and then die and people would still vote me down every day.

9/23/12 7:30 PM
ArtMinaj

Is that so?  and what does that make you following me around all day with that stupid meme?  That would make you the guy who feeds off my chip crumbs.

As far as accomplishments, what is your highest level of education and what do you do for a living?

Also, who the fuck are you and why are you stalking me?

9/23/12 7:33 PM
Sagiv Lapkin

I like Art. I don't understand why so many people hate him.
9/23/12 8:03 PM
gangsterkathryn

Art hasn't been mean to me, so he's cool.

And PND likes him, that's good enough for me! I trust PND's opinions on people. Phone Post
9/23/12 8:44 PM
JLindahl

Sagiv Lapkin -  I like Art. I don't understand why so many people hate him.
This
I have never had a problem with art

Except the fact that wwe is fake and gay but what ever floats his boat Phone Post
9/23/12 8:46 PM
JLindahl

gangsterkathryn - ^
I think most of us don't have to worry about seven people disliking us so much, they vote us down... Phone Post
Most posters don't

Just it leaves a loophole where friendly rivalry on here can now freeze someone with great ease

Also art you can see I backed off sagiv as soon as he told me it was proven to be a lie I have no problems with him an have told him before that I think for the most part he is the most impartial mod I see Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.