UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Jones wants to handle 'unfinished business'

9/23/12 11:54 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1106 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

“[The UFC 151 controversy] affected me a lot, but I made up my mind to keep my eyes on the prize through all the adversity and remember why I’m here,” said Jones. “I’m here to win. I’m here to be a great champion. Trials and tribulations are there for a reason. As long as things weren't life and death, I just have to be grateful for it. It was a lot [to deal with], but I can honestly say that I feel like more of a man and a stronger individual.”

His fourth title defense now under his belt, the champion says he still has plans to defend his title against Henderson in the future.

“Honestly, I think I have some unfinished business with Dan Henderson,” said Jones. “When he heals up, I’d like to pick up where we left off.”

read entire article...

9/23/12 11:55 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
enbanc
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Henderson has no shot. JJ will take Hendo down, mount him, and pound him out.
9/23/12 11:58 PM
letsgobois

Jones vs Fedor Phone Post
9/24/12 12:00 AM
TexDeuce
82 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fedor or Cormier Phone Post
9/24/12 12:15 AM
UGCTT_ScarecrowRio
145 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TexDeuce -  Fedor or Cormier Phone Post

Cormier vs JDS
9/24/12 12:17 AM
MasterofMartialArts
119 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

enbanc - Henderson has no shot. JJ will take Hendo down, mount him, and pound him out.
Saying Hendo has no shot against anyone at all, shows your complete lack of MMA knowledge. Phone Post
9/24/12 12:25 AM
Immaculata
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Then he should of fought his less talented little brother.
9/24/12 12:29 AM
yellow wrkahlc
104 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MasterofMartialArts - 
enbanc - Henderson has no shot. JJ will take Hendo down, mount him, and pound him out.
Saying Hendo has no shot against anyone at all, shows your complete lack of MMA knowledge. Phone Post

I agree. He does have a shot.

But I don't see it going any differently than the fight on Saturday. Henderson is going to gas by the end of the second, and from there, the chances of a finish occuring is increased.

9/24/12 12:49 AM
IL Razzo

I have no urge to see this fight and watch another one of my favorite fighters get destroyed by Jones. Hendo always has a shot, but in my opinion not a big enough shot to get me excited about the fight. Can anyone think of anyone right now at LHW who would beat JJ?
9/24/12 12:53 AM
Avenged MOFO

letsgobois - Jones vs Fedor Phone Post
This Phone Post
9/24/12 12:54 AM
Avenged MOFO

Moussasi Phone Post
9/24/12 1:11 AM
UGCTT_ScarecrowRio
145 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

IL Razzo - I have no urge to see this fight and watch another one of my favorite fighters get destroyed by Jones. Hendo always has a shot, but in my opinion not a big enough shot to get me excited about the fight. Can anyone think of anyone right now at LHW who would beat JJ?

Might be called a nut hugger but Chael. Im pretty positive he can take Jones down and keep him there. Its a stretch, but its something we havent seen Jones go through yet. 

Though I think Machida can defeat him if he had another shot
9/24/12 2:53 AM
mijo

Why is he calling out Dan Henderson? Chael is where the fight is. Chael has called him out multiple times.
9/24/12 2:58 AM
inf0
301 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

mijo - Why is he calling out Dan Henderson? Chael is where the fight is. Chael has called him out multiple times.

Dan Henderson is 10x the fighter...

9/24/12 3:19 AM
Vinnie G
194 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wish Jones would have stood still during that interview.
9/24/12 3:11 PM
epwar
638 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

As much as I love Dan Henderson, this is his future against Jones:

9/24/12 3:12 PM
CrimeBoss

Fedor or Cormier should be next Phone Post
9/24/12 3:47 PM
mmavixen
1111 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dangerous Dan Henderson ALWAYS has a chance.
9/24/12 9:50 PM
SQUEEZIE

KingofBJJ - 
UGCTT_ScarecrowRio - 
IL Razzo - I have no urge to see this fight and watch another one of my favorite fighters get destroyed by Jones. Hendo always has a shot, but in my opinion not a big enough shot to get me excited about the fight. Can anyone think of anyone right now at LHW who would beat JJ?

Might be called a nut hugger but Chael. Im pretty positive he can take Jones down and keep him there. Its a stretch, but its something we havent seen Jones go through yet. 

Though I think Machida can defeat him if he had another shot

I disagree on two points:

1) Jones is a fantastic wreslter with fantastic take down defense. Not to mention trying to take him down has cost a lot of fighters their to have their skulls caved in with elbows or choked out.

2) Chael only looks like a great wrestler because he is bigger than most of the guys he has fought. He originally fought at LHW, so he is a big middleweight. Specifically, in their last fight, he was only able to take down Silva once, the rest of the time Silv defended easily and dismantled his entire game plan

and not only is bigger than them.non of them are wrestlers. maia tossed chael on his back,bisping took chael down...u dont think jones will have him on his bac wilting and waiting for the ref to get him out of there?

i think chael is a solid solid fighter.but his newer fans are delusional and think he is far better than he actually is.he just matched up extremely well against silva(and he still got finished twice). him and silva look even more impressive in that division cus there is no wrestlers who are also gd at other things.chael can out wrestle people, and silva could strike and not worry about wrestling.

i would hav liked to seen chael/mike vs chris,tim,hector. maybe even against vitor or alan. i think any of them could beat mike or chael.mike needs to beat at least two them,and then w out a doubt he would deserve a title shot.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.