UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Jones: I definitely need to embrace jiu-jitsu more

9/24/12 9:59 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1227 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Jon Jones came out Belfort's almost-submission via armbar seeing a glaring hole in his game that's in dire need of work.

"I would rate the performance, I think it was a good performance, but there was definitely a lot of room to improve," said Jones, wearing a sling on his right arm at the post-fight press conference. "Vitor had me second-guessing myself. I've just got to get more comfortable in the Octagon. I work so hard on my wrestling and so hard on my standup. I definitely need to embrace jiu-jitsu more and practice what I preach, being a true mixed martial artist and embracing all martial arts. I have to admit I don't practice my jiu-jitsu every day."

"I just remember getting to that second round, thanking God that I had gotten out of that armbar, and thanking God for that adversity. ... I honestly thank God just for having a hurt arm, just to prove to myself and prove to my coaches that all the speeches and all the stories I heard about warriors, just to be able to prove that I can be a warrior as well, I was grateful to be able to come back from something."

"I think I have a lot of fans behind me," said Jones. "Obviously there are going to be people who support you, and people who want to see you fall, and that just goes with the position I am in. The biggest thing is focusing on the people who are pulling for you. And want to see you make it and wanting to focus on them."

Read entire article...

9/24/12 10:06 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Gokudamus stole my name
102 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

doesnt train jiu-jitsu every day. Taps out 2 blackbelts
9/24/12 10:07 AM
westside
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Vitor should have broke it. He definately could have if he wanted to.

But much respect to Jones. He's a bad ass even if his personality sucks. Phone Post
9/24/12 10:22 AM
robbie380
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gokudamus stole my name - doesnt train jiu-jitsu every day. Taps out 2 blackbelts

lol no kidding.  jon jones is one of a kind.

9/24/12 10:30 AM
youarewhatiswrong
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pretty ridiculous indeed. He is something special.
9/24/12 11:09 AM
1800champagne
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

westside - Vitor should have broke it. He definately could have if he wanted to.

But much respect to Jones. He's a bad ass even if his personality sucks. Phone Post
If he could have broken it, he would have. Phone Post
9/24/12 11:15 AM
pepster
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

1800champagne - 
westside - Vitor should have broke it. He definately could have if he wanted to.

If he could have broken it, he would have. Phone Post

Exactly! Anyone thats been caught in a deep armbar like that knows what kind of balls jones showed out there. That is painfull as all hell and not only that but vitor was cranking on it forever. Jones literally waited until vitor gassed out his arms, legs and back cranking on it so escape. Gained a ton of respect for Jones.
9/24/12 11:25 AM
Bisping decisioned my SN
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Haha Phone Post
9/24/12 11:29 AM
cheesesteak
244 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gokudamus stole my name - doesnt train jiu-jitsu every day. Taps out 2 blackbelts

True he did. But after being beat on and your will gets broken, them dudes just wanted out of there.
9/24/12 11:39 AM
ranier wolfcastle
1059 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

6 sub wins in 18 fights for jones
3 sub wins in 19 fights for arona

hmmm

9/24/12 11:44 AM
Attila
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

robbie380 - 

lol no kidding.  jon jones is one of a kind.

Vitor was completely exhausted and beat up, which makes a world of difference. Jones would never sub him in a grappling match.
9/24/12 12:10 PM
youarewhatiswrong
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

cheesesteak - 

True he did. But after being beat on and your will gets broken, them dudes just wanted out of there.

You can't say that of Machida. If he wanted out of there he could have tapped, instead he got violently put to sleep. Warrior spirit.
9/24/12 12:54 PM
hendofanforlife
185 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He better not embrace it too hard with that injured arm.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.