UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Pokrajac complains about Magalhaes grappling

9/24/12 11:20 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1069 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Vinny Magalhaes tapped out Igor Pokrajac with a beautiful armbar Saturday on the UFC 152 undercard.

Many fans thought it should have earned Submission of the Night, over even Jon Jones' keylock on Vitor Belfort.

Prokrajac was underestandably not among the submissions' fans, but his argument is a little baffling. Via Twitter:

Igor Pokrajac UFC @igorpokrajac
If I wanted to do a grappling match I would go on a grappling tournament , this is MMA and UFC fans want a fight # UFC 152

Given that the sport is mixed martial arts not kick boxing, and that it was Pokrajac who executed the takedown to the mat, going public with the complaint as stated is probably ill thought through.

In an interview with MMJunkie Radio, Vinny responds.

"I understand the guy," said Magalhaes. "I've lost so many fights. People know that, and I would hate to be in his situation."

"Let's go back to the first round. The first round, I took him down, and it was not like I was just stalling. I took him down, I punched him, I threw some elbows, I went for a submission, lost the submission, and attacked a little bit off my back. Then the round was over.

"So it was not like a stalling situation. People lose, and they get frustrated if it's a situation where they get taken down over and over again. It is frustrating, so maybe they say something like that. But [in my fight] that wasn't the case."

"I don't think he should be saying that, because it would be the same as me getting knocked out and saying, 'I didn't sign up for a boxing match.'"

"Now, I'm in a pretty decent spot in the division. "But I'm still probably [ranked 15th or 20th]."

Read entire article...

And finally, Pokrajac apologizes.

"Sorry to all MMA fans on my [last] tweet after the fight, was [pissed] off because of my mistake," said Pokrajac. "I lost the fight. Vinny did his best."

"I don't show anything I was prepared for. Next fight I will do my best for all UFC and MMA fans. Thank you all [for] big support."

Read entire article...

9/24/12 11:21 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Stu Cazzo
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Igor - I was happy and excited to see you get submitted
9/24/12 11:21 AM
Gokudamus stole my name
93 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You should have broke his arm Vinny
9/24/12 11:22 AM
sitchpack

His tears are delicious. Phone Post
9/24/12 11:24 AM
studiocamp
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It looks like Webster has a new definition for butt-hurt.
9/24/12 11:25 AM
Alpha World Peace

My cousin Vinny Phone Post
9/24/12 11:26 AM
OmgItsTheWams
215 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sitchpack - His tears are delicious. Phone Post
Wish I could vtfu Phone Post
SonOfThePeepHole

This is bad form for Igor, YOU TOOK VINNY DOWN BUDDY.. Phone Post
Don_Dada
150 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Same could be said for him. If he wanted a boxing match he should go do boxing. Vinny was just the better man.

Poor show, Igor.
9/24/12 11:27 AM
UGCTT_LnPninja

9/24/12 11:28 AM
Jaybrone
388 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

studiocamp - It looks like Webster has a new definition for butt-hurt.
Fuckin this. He is the one who took down the guy who is known for his ability to submit people. If you want a kick boxing match go kick box. Phone Post
9/24/12 11:28 AM
UGCTT_rkilla
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Igor went full retard there. If you don't want to grapple, go to K-1, Boxing, or XARM.
9/24/12 11:29 AM
SonOfThePeepHole

Phone Post
john joe
378 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fighters Only, web monkey
vinny must be one of the few fighters in the world who when you hit a takedown they are like "FUCK YES!!" inside their head

if you are primarily a striker and you are taking someone like Magalhaes down, you are out of your fucking mind. Its on par with offering someone like Peter Aerts out for a bar fight (and he would take you up on that btw, he is mad)
Saltyballs
157 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cant remember but wasn't Igor the one who took Vinny down? Phone Post
9/24/12 11:30 AM
SonOfThePeepHole

Vinny looked awesome and I can't wait to see his next fight Phone Post
9/24/12 11:30 AM
pennviachoke
1062 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think he is just mad because he knew it was gonna happen, trained his ass off to try and prevent it from going that way and it took less than a round for it to happen. Sucks, but its MMA Igor you can't change that. Phone Post
9/24/12 11:32 AM
SonOfThePeepHole

Saltyballs - Cant remember but wasn't Igor the one who took Vinny down? Phone Post
Correct Phone Post
9/24/12 11:33 AM
UGCTT_LnPninja

Saltyballs -  Cant remember but wasn't Igor the one who took Vinny down? Phone Post

Can't remember.....or didn't even look at the OP? ;)
9/24/12 11:34 AM
robbie380
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FIGHTS WORLD CHAMPION GRAPPLER

DOESN'T EXPECT TO GET GRAPPLED
9/24/12 11:34 AM
OmgItsTheWams
215 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SonOfThePeepHole - Vinny looked awesome and I can't wait to see his next fight Phone Post
Ground was great but overall he looked a little out of place imo he seemed a fatigued going to his corner for the second but overall he did really well and pulled off an excellent submission Phone Post
9/24/12 11:37 AM
UGCTT_Gaspare

What a cry baby, its MMA not kickboxing Phone Post
sitchpack

SonOfThePeepHole -
Phone Post
Am on my phone otherwise would have posted said picture. I say everyone just bombard the twitter message with this picture.

Part of fighting is accepting a legit loss.

This wasn't a split decision son, you chose to quit. Phone Post
DamnSevern
1190 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

if that quote is legit its absolutely hilarious and better than any tito post fight comment
9/24/12 11:39 AM
caposa
1590 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

robbie380 -  FIGHTS WORLD CHAMPION GRAPPLER

DOESN'T EXPECT TO GET GRAPPLED
even better:

TAKES OPPONENT DOWN

COMPLAINS ABOUT GRAPPLING Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.