UnderGround Forums

GeekGround >> Blade of the Immortal ending after 19 years

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

9/24/12 3:07 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
paw
1833 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

From http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2012-09-24/blade-of-the-immortal-manga-to-end-after-19-years

After 19 years, Hiroaki Samura will end his historical manga Blade of the Immortal (Mugen no J?nin) in the February 2013 issue of Kodansha's Monthly Afternoon magazine on December 25. The manga launched in the same magazine in December of 1993, and its first 29 volumes have 5 million copies in circulation. The magazine's November issue published the 216th chapter on Tuesday and revealed that the manga will end in the 219th.

Dark Horse Comics published the 25th volume of the manga in North America in August. The manga inspired a television anime in 2008, and Media Blasters released it in English.

9/24/12 3:12 PM
paw
1833 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

paw comments:  It's a good news/bad news story for me.  The bad news is Blade of the Immortal is ending, and I love it.  I would totally recommend it to GG'ers: samurai, revenge, swords and bloods...what's not to love, right?

I suppose the good news is I'll be able to read the ending in about...2 years or so.  Dark Horse seems to be publishing 2 volumes a year...so that's my guess.

Here's Manji

And Rin

9/25/12 12:17 AM
grizz632
886 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bummer. I'm way, way behind, but I love Blade of the Immortal. 19 years is an eternity in manga though, so this day was bound to come. Looking forward to seeing how everything turns out
9/25/12 9:12 AM
paw

Me too!  (Really hope Rin survives.....)

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.