UnderGround Forums

S&C UnderGround >> advice re: deadlifts

9/24/12 4:02 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
turducken
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

dont do sets of heavy triples when you feel like you are on the brink of getting sick. you WILL wake up the next day with a cold.

*cries*
9/24/12 4:35 PM
Bobsdf
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RIP bro. I read somewhere that doing deadlifts will only bring you death. You should have stuck to doing curls that half ball thing.
9/24/12 4:42 PM
1800champagne

Stick yourself in a bag of rice when you feel the sickness coming on. Phone Post
9/24/12 4:47 PM
turducken

rice god, why have you forsaken me??
9/24/12 4:51 PM
jeremy hamilton
180 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bobsdf - RIP bro. I read somewhere that doing deadlifts will only bring you death. You should have stuck to doing curls that half ball thing.

I think you are talking about me saying that.
9/24/12 5:39 PM
6mildollarman
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

jeremy hamilton -
Bobsdf - RIP bro. I read somewhere that doing deadlifts will only bring you death. You should have stuck to doing curls that half ball thing.

Yup, Jeremy brought this up on a deadlift thread on the OG. Death. Phone Post
9/24/12 5:48 PM
Bobsdf
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

jeremy hamilton - 

OP should have listened to sage advice.
9/25/12 11:29 AM
Leigh
827 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Deadlifts destroy your CNS. I don't do them any more. They are an awesome strength builder though Phone Post
9/25/12 12:40 PM
Crw
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

A they that bad ? I have just started doing them . They are my favourite lift , I'm getting a bit nervous about doing them . Phone Post
9/25/12 1:21 PM
MMarts

I posted awhile back about DL's and how they basically are killing my lower back. I've avoided them for almost two months because I don't want anything to slip and be out of commission for over a week. I've been doing back extensions w/ a 45 lbs plate as a replacement. If I go back to DL's I may only put a plate on each side... It sucks because the DL is such a great exercise, I just don't think it's worth the risk for me. The real sad part is I'm only 25, it's not like I'm old.
9/25/12 1:53 PM
ArthurKnoqOut
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

9/25/12 4:09 PM
Leigh
827 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Crw - A they that bad ? I have just started doing them . They are my favourite lift , I'm getting a bit nervous about doing them . Phone Post
They are fine. Just consider recovery before mixing them with other high intensity work. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.