UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Six fights to make after UFC 152

9/24/12 10:39 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1027 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Dan Henderson vs. Jon Jones

I touched on this briefly in my post-fight video that was filmed in Toronto, but I think it all depends on when Dan Henderson recovers from his knee injury. If Henderson is ready to go within a few months—and assuming the arm injury suffered by Jones doesn't keep him on the shelf for an extended period of time—I think a bout between the pair makes the most sense.

After all, we were supposed to see the fight happen once already, and you know how that turned out. It's still a fight fans are interested in, even if it may seem like Henderson has very little chance of actually winning. But, as Belfort briefly proved, Jones is human. Could the aging legend be the first guy to legitimately beat the champion?

Michael Bisping vs. Anderson Silva

No matter what you may think about Bisping as a person—and your notions are probably incorrect, anyway—there's no doubt that his dominant win over Stann should earn him a title shot. Unfortunately, he may get lost in the shuffle due to a potential Silva superfight with Georges St-Pierre. If that mega-fight doesn't happen, then Bisping deserves his opportunity.

Vitor Belfort vs. Wanderlei Silva

I'm assuming that Belfort will lose the instant muscle he put on for the Jones fight and make the move back down to middleweight. He was supposed to face Wanderlei Silva earlier this year, and it's still a fight that makes a lot of sense, even if it makes me terrified for Silva's health.

Demetrious Johnson vs. John Dodson/Jussier da Silva

Joseph Benavidez vs. Ian McCall

Cub Swanson vs. Chan Sung Jung

read entire article...

9/24/12 10:47 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
blaznbison24
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

There's a bit of a size difference, but I think Nick Diaz vs. Bisping would be fun to see.
9/24/12 11:11 PM
SQUEEZIE
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

actually there is a lot of doubt about that title shot. how boot mike beat chris,tim,hector,alan,vitor...can he beat at least two of those guys and have a win streak longer than one first!i think any of those guys could beat him!
9/24/12 11:22 PM
UGCTT_Gaspare

Ian vs Joe B makes ZERO sense to me. Phone Post
9/24/12 11:29 PM
Kid_dynamite319

Dodson will take that strap!
9/24/12 11:30 PM
madmav
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

bisping vs okami imo..

9/24/12 11:36 PM
hellride
153 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I like the Cub, KZ matchup.
9/24/12 11:56 PM
RandyDarsh
106 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Is bleacher report hinting that Vitor roided to make 205?
Fuck bleacher report Phone Post
9/25/12 12:23 AM
SMS89
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Let Bisping beat the winner of Weidman/Boetsch and THEN he'll be deserving a shot. Let him build a little more steam and hype around him.

I've been starting to change my tune about Bisping in a positive way, but I'd like to see him rack up at least 2 top 10 wins in a row before fighting the P4P #1 in the world. Let's be real here. Phone Post
9/25/12 12:24 AM
sadisticsoldier
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bisping does not deserve a title shot. A win against Brian Stann does not garner you a title shot. Let him fight Vitor. If he wins, than I'll concede he deserves a shot. Anderson is gonna be tied up for awhile it seems, yet Bisping now deserves a future shot? What a load. There are so many people that are in that mix, or could be. Don't forget Rashad might be dropping down as well.
9/25/12 12:25 AM
kubzilla
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Feed Bisping to Silva just to just his ass up, if not then do Bisping vs Weidman for next title shot
9/25/12 2:18 AM
Attila
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If Jones fights Hendo next I'd like to see Machida/Glover.
9/25/12 3:24 AM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
545 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Agree with all but Vitor vs Wand Phone Post
9/25/12 8:53 AM
UGCTT_Gaspare

0superdave0 -
Attila - If Jones fights Hendo next I'd like to see Machida/Glover.

i think machida and glover train together, not sure though
They do.

Vitor vs Glover!!! Phone Post
9/25/12 9:53 AM
MMALOGIC

Anderson vs Bisping is a fight the MGM would pay a decent site fee for...  Silva brings the brazilian whales and bisping brings some brits and it's a marketable fight.

This fight will probably happen on superbowl weekend.
9/25/12 9:58 AM
Fabes
150 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator
Swanson vs. KZ is the only fight that I would be excited about on that list.

I wanna see Vitor vs. Wand for sentimental reasons.
9/25/12 10:02 AM
Snakey

Jones V Anderson when Jones heals up
9/25/12 1:15 PM
kubzilla
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

0superdave0 - 
kubzilla -  Feed Bisping to Silva just to just his ass up, if not then do Bisping vs Weidman for next title shot

yea just his ass up

lol, oops, meant shut his ass up
9/25/12 1:27 PM
NorthFromHere
309 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMAViking.com
Vinny M vs Brandon Vera
9/25/12 1:28 PM
Sketchd
63 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Vinny vs Lil Nog imo

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.