UnderGround Forums

ITGround >> USB Keyboard Problems!!

9/24/12 10:51 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
WallaWalla
38 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So ran into some trouble when I was putting in my gfx card. Out of nowhere my computer starts freezing at the motherboard splash screen. 

Nothing would fix it.. I noticed when i hit DEL to enter the BIOS i got no response at all. I tried booting up my desktop with no usb keyboard in. It started right up. 

If i plug my keyboard in after its booted up, like to log on to my user. It doesnt type in anything at all. Its all fucked up..

So right now I am typing this from a PS2 keyboard and its working fine.

Also, my mouse is a usb mouse and its working fine..

I tried uninstalling the keyboard and rebooting. It says my drivers for the keyboard and usb slots are all updated. So idk what the fuck to do?! Any help at all would be awesome. 
9/24/12 10:52 PM
WallaWalla
38 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gigabyte Z77X-D3H Mobo

9/25/12 12:37 AM
WallaWalla

Any ideas? Phone Post
9/25/12 9:27 AM
WallaWalla

Used my roommates ps2 keyboard and updates bios, installed my 660ti and updated drivers, I've updated drivers for everything I can think of.. A USB mouse work buy my USB keyboard doesn't.

If the USB keyboard is plugged in when I boot up it stays locked at the slash screen and no keys will work.

As soon as I unplug keyboard it boots up like normal with no problems.

Starting to the it's just a faulty keyboard. It's getting power ad everything. It just freezes the splash screen and I can't go anywhere from there. Phone Post
9/25/12 3:48 PM
WallaWalla

Anybody? Phone Post
9/26/12 11:03 AM
MiyagiDoKarate
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sounds like grphx card might be incompatible with the mobo... usb are built in to the mobo.. so is graphx card...if that is the only change you made before it sterted acting up..there is your cuplrit.. drivers for usb making items incompatiable would not mean you need updates for drivers for kb and m.. they would work regardless even wireless if the usb are working properly.. again it sounds like you have something incompatible on your mobo.. if you just added a grpahx card then there is culprit..
9/26/12 1:18 PM
WallaWalla

MiyagiDoKarate - sounds like grphx card might be incompatible with the mobo... usb are built in to the mobo.. so is graphx card...if that is the only change you made before it sterted acting up..there is your cuplrit.. drivers for usb making items incompatiable would not mean you need updates for drivers for kb and m.. they would work regardless even wireless if the usb are working properly.. again it sounds like you have something incompatible on your mobo.. if you just added a grpahx card then there is culprit..
Well I went ahead and go the graphics card installed with the ps2 keyboard. And the USB keyboard wasn't working. So I called it a night and yesterday when I got home I started it up with the USB keyboard and it worked with no problems.. So idk what happened. I'll have to keep an eye on things. Glad it worked though cause I got to play borderlands2 last night Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.