UnderGround Forums

S&C UnderGround >> Is it easier to gain weight...

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

9/25/12 11:36 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Cherrycola
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Is it easier to gain weight by eating a lot AND working out? Or would you gain more weight without working out and just eating? Phone Post
9/25/12 1:26 PM
MMarts
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What kind of weight are you looking to gain?
9/25/12 1:28 PM
vermonter
249 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Technically, the former.
9/25/12 4:02 PM
Cherrycola
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Any weight haha Phone Post
9/25/12 5:27 PM
LittleJoeMama
140 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think it depends on your body type. I am naturally lean and don't have much of an appetite unless I lift heavy. When I lift and eat a lot I gain muscle and fat. If I just sit around and eat I probably just gain fat and it's harder to eat a lot because I have little appetite.
9/25/12 5:27 PM
Leigh
1146 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If you ate lots of calories and burned hardly any, you would gain more weight. Mostly around your waistline Phone Post
9/27/12 1:25 PM
None So Blind
275 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Leigh -  If you ate lots of calories and burned hardly any, you would gain more weight. Mostly around your waistline Phone Post

I wonder if OP is implying that if you lift, you would eat more total.

e.g., if you just sit around and stuff your face, you might get 5000 calories on board per day, but if you bust your ass and lift heavy and *then* eat everything that isn't nailed down, you might down 6000 calories (I know I feel hungrier and hungry more often when I lift heavy). And while some of that would obviously be burned, perhaps the overall increase would be sufficient to make for a higher increase in weight.

Or maybe the opposite occurs - if you work out, you eat as much as you can, but you can't eat as much as a couch potato fat-ass since you'd puke during/ after your workouts :-P
9/27/12 3:41 PM
Cherrycola

Sounds like good input, thanks guys Phone Post

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.