UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Who can beat Jon Jones?

9/25/12 11:44 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1160 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Dan Henderson
The one-time PRIDE and Strikeforce champion was supposed to fight Jones before he was injured and UFC 151 was canceled. He has already put in the time and effort to fight Jones, and may already have him figured out.

Alexander Gustaffson
One of Jones' biggest advantages is his reach. He was able to hold Belfort at bay throughout the fight by simply extending his arm. At 6-foot-5, Gustafsson is an inch taller. He has a fight lined up with former champ Mauricio "Shogun" Rua who will show if "The Mauler" is ready for the next step.

Chael Sonnen
Based on Sonnen's inability to handle Anderson Silva in their last fight, there is no reason to believe Sonnen could beat Jones. However, the run-up to the fight would be so much fun. Sonnen has already shown he can get under Jones' skin in a way no one else has, and that just may give him the edge in a bout.

Anderson Silva
Could he beat Jones? Yes. Will this fight ever, ever happen? No. Silva keeps talking about wanting a fight with welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre, and he does have a few challenges waiting for him at middleweight.

Who is missing from this list?

Read entire article...

9/25/12 11:47 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Snakey
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anderson Fears the Beard.
He will Never fight JBJ
9/25/12 11:48 AM
TonyGarrett

fedor
9/25/12 11:48 AM
RamsAllDay

Vinny M? Phone Post
9/25/12 11:50 AM
microMx
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

at 205? no one
9/25/12 11:53 AM
Sofa King Cool
322 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Viking? I thought his nickname was the Mauler? Phone Post
9/25/12 11:53 AM
Bloody Pregnancy Fluids
170 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

At 205 and below...

Rashad has the best chance but would have to throw caution to the wind and risk everything.

Machida is number 2. Again he has to press the attack.

Anderson is number 3 but would likely get out wrestled.

Nobody else has a chance...

(at heavy weight JDS would make it look easy. Cain and comeier could probably do it as well, Maybe big country because he has a knack for KOing tall ass dudes)
9/25/12 11:55 AM
Snakey

drunken pat - 
Snakey - Anderson Fears the Beard.
He will Never fight JBJ
Anderson doesent fear jbj in the slightest. He repsects him. And they will never fight because they both would put not only titles on the line but there legacy and GOAT status. Though jones has a ways to go to be considered goat Phone Post

I think Jones would take the fight to be honest.
The Jury is out on Anderson.

Would be an epic fight regardless
9/25/12 11:56 AM
Darth Ryase
1331 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm glad Vitor exposed Jones's BJJ holes, because I get the feeling if that had been Anderson the fight would have ended. Now that Jones will be training even harder in that area, I see a fight between him Anderson going a lot like Silva-Sonnen 1, except with Jones's nasty elbows there's a chance he could end it there.
9/25/12 11:59 AM
RaginCajun54
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Glover Teixiera
9/25/12 12:05 PM
epwar
605 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The only way Jones will get beat is by decision.  He will have to fight someone very similar to himself.  I'd think someone liks OSP (currently in Strikeforce) could do it.  Only 2 inches less reach than Jones and has the wrestling to negate Jones' takedowns.  He lost to Mousasi by decision, but avoided all of his strikes and ended up winning the third off him when Gegard was dead tired.  In a 5-rounder, who knows what would happen.
9/25/12 12:05 PM
Orcus Knows MMA Better Than Goku

brodor

gusto has a shot too

9/25/12 12:07 PM
stonepony

TonyGarrett - fedor

Hah...
9/25/12 12:11 PM
TonyGarrett

stonepony - 
TonyGarrett - fedor

Hah...

there is more chance of fedor coming out of retirement, and taking jones arm or soul back to russia with him, than there is of silva even getting in the cage with him.
9/25/12 12:11 PM
stonepony

Im Gothams Reckoning - 
Darth Ryase - I'm glad Vitor exposed Jones's BJJ holes, because I get the feeling if that had been Anderson the fight would have ended. Now that Jones will be training even harder in that area, I see a fight between him Anderson going a lot like Silva-Sonnen 1, except with Jones's nasty elbows there's a chance he could end it there.
Jones cannot beat Anderson let alone finish him Phone Post

Jones, using the Chael strategy, would beat Anderson. There's a reason that Anderson will move up to fight Stephan but not JJ. Plenty of people had their hands in the air to fill in for 151, Anderson wasn't one of them. If he thought he could win, he'd be taking that fight.
9/25/12 12:13 PM
Bad News Garand
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OSP is awesome, I love watching his fights. My buddy from the marines trains at his gym I believe in TN Phone Post
9/25/12 12:17 PM
HayemakeredByHaye
214 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

drunken pat - 
He will Never fight JBJ
Anderson doesent fear jbj in the slightest. He repsects him. And they will never fight because they both would put not only titles on the line but there legacy and GOAT status. Though jones has a ways to go to be considered goat Phone Post

Does Anderson only fight people he doesnt respect?

Fear of losing is exactly the reason Silva wont fight Jones. Just like its the reason GSP wont fight Silva.

9/25/12 12:20 PM
Brian Littlefield

RamsAllDay -  Vinny M? Phone Post

If Vinny pulled guard. 

9/25/12 12:37 PM
cambeezee

A light pole? Phone Post
9/25/12 12:50 PM
Snakey

HayemakeredByHaye - 
drunken pat - 
He will Never fight JBJ

Does Anderson only fight people he doesnt respect?

Fear of losing is exactly the reason Silva wont fight Jones. Just like its the reason GSP wont fight Silva.

Very good points.
However Anderson has won at 205. Easy.
GSP has never been in the 185 division.

Agree on Anderson protecting his legacy now.
He does indeed Fear the beard.

Jones would give him one hell of a fight.

Hopefully Jones is ok from the Victor fight.
Best wishes for a full recovery!
9/25/12 12:51 PM
56sav

They forgot to mention a few other guys in JJ's weight class who could beat him:

Cain, Dos Santos, Overeem, Cormier to name a few...
9/25/12 1:00 PM
UGCTT_FryedTakayama
811 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

epwar - The only way Jones will get beat is by decision.  He will have to fight someone very similar to himself.  I'd think someone liks OSP (currently in Strikeforce) could do it.  Only 2 inches less reach than Jones and has the wrestling to negate Jones' takedowns.  He lost to Mousasi by decision, but avoided all of his strikes and ended up winning the third off him when Gegard was dead tired.  In a 5-rounder, who knows what would happen.
OSP definitely has the potential. He's got the athleticism, raw talent, and power in his hands. Just needs more experience and polishing. Phone Post
9/25/12 1:05 PM
murda mo
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i still think machida would take the rematch
9/25/12 1:13 PM
Jaybrone
442 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The people being listed are so unproven against top opponents its impossible to really say. But I would pick Gustafsson. Phone Post
9/25/12 1:21 PM
le

drunken pat -
He will Never fight JBJ
That doesn't make sense because he's willing to fight GSP with the same things on the line. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.