UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Who can beat Jon Jones?

9/25/12 1:21 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
le
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

drunken pat -
Snakey - Anderson Fears the Beard.
He will Never fight JBJ
Anderson doesent fear jbj in the slightest. He repsects him. And they will never fight because they both would put not only titles on the line but there legacy and GOAT status. Though jones has a ways to go to be considered goat Phone Post
That doesn't make sense because he's willing to fight GSP with the same things on the line. Phone Post
9/25/12 1:21 PM
GregBell
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rashad,Lyoto,Phil davis, and Glover in that order I dont think Dan or chael have much of a shot...chael a much better chance than Dan but yeah i dont see them offering much.
9/25/12 1:31 PM
Snakey

KingofBJJ - Who can beat Jones?

Dan? Nope. Go back to the Hendo vs Silva fight for an idea how that fight would end.

Alexander? Nope.

Chael? See my comment on Hendo.

Silva? No doubt, but the question would be whether age would be a factor in Jones's advantage? Size could also be relevant. Silva is a big Middleweight and Jones is a big LHW.

Only in those two points would I give the advantage, however slight, to Jones.

Good points on Silva V Jones
Agree on the age differential.
Anderson could retire at any time now.
Has nothing to prove at 185.

However at 205 he is also undefeated.
Making Forrest look very bad in that fight as well.

It is an Epic match up.
Still think Jones wins it.
But wow what a fight it would be.
9/25/12 1:43 PM
Bobby Lupo
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Someone with excellent cardio who can push the pace enough to get Jones winded. I'm not convinced that JBJ has better than average cardio,

Someone with big power strikes. Jones does not get hit often, but when he tires, he becomes more hitable (Bonnar, Vitor) a bomber could catch and hurt him.

Someone with good submissions from their back. If Vitor, a guy with zero subs from his back nearly snapped Jones' arm in half, someone who can counter JBJ's gnp with a chain of subs can win that way.

So who is that guy? It's Anderson fucking Silva.
9/25/12 2:07 PM
TRVSDKSN
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hamill is back! He'll beat that Ass AGAIN! Phone Post
9/25/12 2:11 PM
CrimeBoss

Any HW can,but at LHW I think machida and Gus. Have the best shot I like glover but he's got to beat top talent,and I'd like to see sonnen fight jones just for the laughs at the media events and see if sonnen can get jones down Phone Post
9/25/12 2:11 PM
Kings21
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Apparently Rampage can beat Jones. He's got my vote.
9/25/12 2:36 PM
Kid_dynamite319

Daniel Cormier should be on this list.
9/25/12 2:36 PM
Kid_dynamite319

but silva could get the job done as well.. Anderson via 2nd round tko
9/25/12 2:38 PM
Zed Wayne Zed
85 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's not going to be at 205.

It'll have to be at HW.

Cain. JDS. Reem. Cormier.

But then, maybe he beats all of them.
9/25/12 2:40 PM
Bobby Lupo
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

drunken pat - 
Bobby Lupo - Someone with excellent cardio who can push the pace enough to get Jones winded. I'm not convinced that JBJ has better than average cardio,

Someone with big power strikes. Jones does not get hit often, but when he tires, he becomes more hitable (Bonnar, Vitor) a bomber could catch and hurt him.

Someone with good submissions from their back. If Vitor, a guy with zero subs from his back nearly snapped Jones' arm in half, someone who can counter JBJ's gnp with a chain of subs can win that way.

So who is that guy? It's Anderson fucking Silva.
His cardio was pretty good vs rashad. He did seem to be gassed but not so much that you could tell his cardio is not adaquite for title fights. Phone Post

He was also really gassed in the Shogun fight. I think it's the one area where he isn't well above average.

This Gustaffson stuff is absolute nonsense. He will get taken down and smashed out or smashed until he gives up a sub. He has zero chance of beating Jon Jones. The UFC is trying desperately to make him look viable--he might ever get past Shotgun, but he's not beating Jones.
9/25/12 2:49 PM
easedel

Edited: 09/25/12 2:51 PM
Someone will beat him. Technically he isn't that good. His stand up is what? Spinning back elbow, kicks to the knee? He has wrestling & those elbows...His size & physical abilities is more the issue then anything.

9/25/12 2:50 PM
deepu
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Healthy Gegard Mousasi or Rogerio Nogueira.
9/25/12 2:50 PM
GJTT_JediJitsu
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Daniel Cormier. Phone Post
9/25/12 2:55 PM
ima zombie
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RaginCajun54 - Glover Teixiera
This but I want to see more of him first Phone Post
9/25/12 2:58 PM
Darth Ryase
1093 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

drunken pat - 
Dodge135 - Assuming Jones Bones's Arm is permanently damaged, he's still gonna be champ for the next decade, or until he retires if that's sooner.
No one has or ever will be champ for more than a decade. All that training and fighting breaks down the body to much to have peak performance for more than 8 or nine years. Not saying he doesnt have the talent to do it but somekne bigger and badder will come along eventually and anyone can loose on any given day Phone Post

Hard to say. GSP is at 5 years and Anderson's at 6. I'd say due to Jones's age it's possible he could hit 10.

But yeah, not likely. Just possible.
9/25/12 3:00 PM
Snakey

easedel - Someone will beat him. Technically he isn't that good. His stand up is what? Spinning back elbow, kicks to the knee? He has wrestling & those elbows...His size & physical abilities is more the issue then anything.

He has gotten better in every fight.

I personally think he went easy on Vitor.

However a focused JBJ is very, very dangerous.
Just cant see Anderson handling him.

Interesting point on the strikes though.
He out-struck Shogun, make rampage look average.

I think his striking is getting better every fight.
Vitor is a striker and didnt really do anything
bar the armbar.

Having said that Vitor surprised everyone with his
ground game.

Make it happen UFC Jones v Silva!
9/25/12 3:05 PM
stevekt
473 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jones had moments against Rashad, Lyoto, and Vitor where he looked very human. He's not invincible. Phone Post
9/25/12 3:15 PM
wiggum
259 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This guy
9/25/12 3:21 PM
Ew0k187

Stupid article. Anderson and bones are two different fighters. Just because chael lost to Anderson doesn't mean he'll lose to jones. Phone Post
9/25/12 3:47 PM
MR Combatively

Jones vs Henderson
Jones vs Silva
Jones vs Gustaffson
Jones vs Sonnen
Jones vs Vinny M
Jones va Mousasi
Jones vs Glover
Jones vs Cormier

All possible good matches against Jones. What if he beat ever single one in the next couple of years ? Wow!

MR. Combatively
9/25/12 3:48 PM
BTR
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Agree that MMA math doesn't always equate. Also agree that it would be a very entertaining road for the fans leading up to Jones vs Sonnen. But I am 99% sure that Jones beats Sonnen. If Gustafson walks through Shogun then him vs Jones could be interesting. Very big IF there. Anderson vs Jones is most interesting fight to me as far as super fights. WAY more interesting than Silva vs GSP. After that, I'd really like to see Jones at Heavy Weight. I disagree that Jones is only size and no technique (that submission saturday showed fantastic technique) but his size is undoubtedly a factor and I would like to see him fight guys his own size. Jones vs Overeem/Dos Santos/Velasquez all excite me ALMOST more than Jones vs Silva in fact.
9/25/12 4:16 PM
Bipolar

Im Gothams Reckoning - 
Darth Ryase - I'm glad Vitor exposed Jones's BJJ holes, because I get the feeling if that had been Anderson the fight would have ended. Now that Jones will be training even harder in that area, I see a fight between him Anderson going a lot like Silva-Sonnen 1, except with Jones's nasty elbows there's a chance he could end it there.
Jones cannot beat Anderson let alone finish him Phone Post

Absurd, of course. Jones absolutely can beat Anderson, and likely by submission. If he can stop Rua, Machida, Rampage, and Vitor, he can stop Silva.

I'm not certain Bones would beat Silva if they fought,(though I think he would), but to say that he CAN'T beat Silva is quite obviously ridiculous.
9/25/12 4:22 PM
Snakey

Bipolar - 
Im Gothams Reckoning - 
Darth Ryase - I'm glad Vitor exposed Jones's BJJ holes, because I get the feeling if that had been Anderson the fight would have ended. Now that Jones will be training even harder in that area, I see a fight between him Anderson going a lot like Silva-Sonnen 1, except with Jones's nasty elbows there's a chance he could end it there.
Jones cannot beat Anderson let alone finish him Phone Post

Absurd, of course. Jones absolutely can beat Anderson, and likely by submission. If he can stop Rua, Machida, Rampage, and Vitor, he can stop Silva.

I'm not certain Bones would beat Silva if they fought,(though I think he would), but to say that he CAN'T beat Silva is quite obviously ridiculous.

Nice post.

Agree on Bones beating Anderson.
Fear the Beard Anderson!
9/25/12 4:47 PM
TexDeuce
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cormier or Fedor

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.