UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Who can beat Jon Jones?

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

9/25/12 7:07 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
MPA2000
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Darth Ryase - I'm glad Vitor exposed Jones's BJJ holes, because I get the feeling if that had been Anderson the fight would have ended. Now that Jones will be training even harder in that area, I see a fight between him Anderson going a lot like Silva-Sonnen 1, except with Jones's nasty elbows there's a chance he could end it there.

Silva's BJJ is definitely better than Vitors. However, Silva hasn't submitted anyone in the UFC. He will win by choke or TKO
9/25/12 7:08 PM
Lord Nitemare
630 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Glover will destroy him...mark-aded a me words.
9/25/12 8:05 PM
JerodR
119 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

We learned that it is possible to catch Jones in a sub. However, I think after actually being caught that Jones will probably be smarter in the future to avoid leaving himself open like that.

The other issue is that we learned that you are going to have to finish Jones because he is not going to tap under any circumstances. I always thought as good as he was, he would still tap under pressure. I was wrong.

The final issue is that whoever does stand a chance to beat Jones is on a very limited time frame. He is still improving, still learning. The Jones today is not going to be the same Jones you fight in the future. That is kind of a scary thought to be honest. I still think that Jones could beat Anderson and would love to see that fight. However, I have been saying one thing from the very beginning... Jones likes spinning moves such as backfists, elbows, etc. Someone like Machida that has that very quick counter striking ability will be able to take advantage of that sooner or later.
9/25/12 8:43 PM
JimGordon

Jon Bones Jones Phone Post
9/25/12 9:58 PM
Fabefromfort

Could one man destroy MMA by himself ? If anyone can it's Jonny Jones. An once incredible line-up of stars have been decimated in the Light Heavyweight Division, and all are now footnotes fighting no name cards such as Gustavfson-Rua, and Hendo-Machida. MMA is not boxing. It does not have its roots imbedded deep in society like boxing does. It is teetering on the brink of something that is not good. I'm not saying it will go extinct, but, it cannot let itself get too low in popularity. There will always be someone with an Octagon cage, and an idea out there. I'm just sayin. So with Page, Evans, Machida all sitting in limbo with their laurels, and badges stripped unceremoniously, what happens next ?. It was the UFC marquee division. Well. peeps just won't watch Jones anymore, period. I mean he destroyed 5 in-their-prime ex champions! Back to back, and may as well have done it all in one night. No LHWs, Silva won't fight anyone, the Welters not what they once were with Hughes, Penn, and St. Pierre. It is not panic time for the UFC, but that is where they are headed. Are the numbers reflecting it ? Of course they are. I mean Dana, The Fertitta's let Belfort go on in the 152 knowing full well he had a broken hand, and had no chance of doing much, much less winning. That's desperation. The thing is, you know what ? Belfort did better than that entire division did in their fights with Jones. He's destroyed it. And, along with it, a good chunk of the UFC. I see either a fix in the making, or something corrupt. People who have hundreds of millions, or billions at stake aren't going to watch it all dissipate without a fight. Look out Jones. But hell, the answer is simple make all these guys fight each other. No ducking, no ducking friends and the like.
9/25/12 10:20 PM
CrimeBoss

Bobby Lupo -
thesalfordmongoose -  No love for Roger yet? The most dangerous man off his back in the world. Phone Post

He'd be on his back KO'd staring at the lights. His striking is terrible.

Mousasi has the worst TDD in MMA. It's like UFC1 level takedown defense. Jones would run him over.

Phil Davis looks much better on paper than in the cage.

Cain has neither the power nor the chin to beat Jones.

Junior 2 Saints has the power, the TDD and the ability to get to his feet that are needed, but he appears to have shit for cardio.

Overeem- Nope

We don't know enough about Cormier.

Ando and 2 Saints are the only two I'd bet on.

You honestly think Overeem would lose to Jon Jones, are you serious???? Phone Post
9/25/12 10:52 PM
Bisping decisioned my SN

drunken pat -
Snakey - Anderson Fears the Beard.
He will Never fight JBJ
Anderson doesent fear jbj in the slightest. He repsects him. And they will never fight because they both would put not only titles on the line but there legacy and GOAT status. Though jones has a ways to go to be considered goat Phone Post
Hah you must be drinking the punch again...

Jones isnt scared of tarnishing his legacy he would love to put Andy on his already long list of legends.

Andy has much more to lose and is the one more worried about his legacy... Jones has just begun his and he would love to challenge Anderson if and wanted to take that risk.

He only said he had no interest in fighting him out of respect because Anderson said they were friends etc...

Saying either fighter is "scared" is just stupid. Phone Post
9/25/12 10:53 PM
Bisping decisioned my SN

^^^^**If Silva Phone Post
9/25/12 10:54 PM
Bisping decisioned my SN

Kid_dynamite319 - Daniel Cormier should be on this list.
Derp... so should jds too Phone Post
9/25/12 10:54 PM
Bisping decisioned my SN

Zed Wayne Zed - It's not going to be at 205.

It'll have to be at HW.

Cain. JDS. Reem. Cormier.

But then, maybe he beats all of them.
This Phone Post
9/25/12 11:00 PM
Bisping decisioned my SN

KingofBJJ -
Bloody Pregnancy Fluids - At 205 and below...

Rashad has the best chance but would have to throw caution to the wind and risk everything.

Machida is number 2. Again he has to press the attack.

Anderson is number 3 but would likely get out wrestled.

Nobody else has a chance...

(at heavy weight JDS would make it look easy. Cain and comeier could probably do it as well, Maybe big country because he has a knack for KOing tall ass dudes)

Rashad has the best chance but would have to throw caution to the wind and risk everything.

----------
Yea and get TKO'd.

Machida is number 2. Again he has to press the attack.
---
And get choked out again.

Anderson is number 3 but would likely get out wrestled.
-------
Perhaps but Silva didn't take any damage from Chael after being lain on for 4 minutes. Of course Silva has better BJJ than Vitor, so I am sure Greg Jackson would only suggest taking Silva to the ground for points only, and to quickly get back up.

On the feet, the clear edge would go to Silva.

But as I said earlier Jones has youth and size to a slight edge. Doesn't mean he will win, just those two things would be reasons if he did win.
Yea since having Jon Jones and chael on top of you are the same thing.

As many times as sonnen was able to tag silva , Jones would literally smash his face in. Phone Post
9/25/12 11:02 PM
ender852
145 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think glover and vinny are great matches, and i think gustafson has the gifts and in a year or two could be a contender
9/26/12 2:45 AM
subwrassler
91 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

#25 has a better chance than Machida does
9/26/12 2:57 AM
SQUEEZIE

MPA2000 - 
Darth Ryase - I'm glad Vitor exposed Jones's BJJ holes, because I get the feeling if that had been Anderson the fight would have ended. Now that Jones will be training even harder in that area, I see a fight between him Anderson going a lot like Silva-Sonnen 1, except with Jones's nasty elbows there's a chance he could end it there.

Silva's BJJ is definitely better than Vitors. However, Silva hasn't submitted anyone in the UFC. He will win by choke or TKO

are u serious about him not submitting anyone? doesn't matter either way jbj takes him down and puts him away
9/26/12 3:49 AM
Snakey

SQUEEZIE - 
MPA2000 - 

are u serious about him not submitting anyone? doesn't matter either way jbj takes him down and puts him away

Good post SQEEZIE,
Jones wont underestimate Andersons
ground game like Vitors.

I could see Anderson getting g`n`pounded out.
Very early.
Fear the Beard Anderson, Fear the beard
9/26/12 3:56 AM
Hargreaves
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fedor

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7HbDNIVAbk

9/26/12 5:54 AM
TenOfSwords
98 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

There are three fighters currently with Bellator who bear watching: Mike Mucitelli, Matt Van Buren, and Dan McGuane.  All are 6'5", and the only loss any of them have among them was when Mucitelli beat Van Buren last month; and Mucitelli and McGuane are fighting each other in November.

Obviously it will take a while for any of them to get to the "next level" - but if one or more of them do, just remember who you heard it from!

9/26/12 7:35 AM
Bobby Lupo
98 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CrimeBoss - 
Bobby Lupo -
thesalfordmongoose -  No love for Roger yet? The most dangerous man off his back in the world. Phone Post

He'd be on his back KO'd staring at the lights. His striking is terrible.

Mousasi has the worst TDD in MMA. It's like UFC1 level takedown defense. Jones would run him over.

Phil Davis looks much better on paper than in the cage.

Cain has neither the power nor the chin to beat Jones.

Junior 2 Saints has the power, the TDD and the ability to get to his feet that are needed, but he appears to have shit for cardio.

Overeem- Nope

We don't know enough about Cormier.

Ando and 2 Saints are the only two I'd bet on.

You honestly think Overeem would lose to Jon Jones, are you serious???? Phone Post

Yes, and I do quite well with MMA betting. I make UG'ers money. Jones wouldn't just beat Overeem, he'd make him look silly, like a man fighting in slow motion. There would only be a 20lb true weight advantage for Overeem, but the speed gap would be immeasurable.

Now if they had a bodybuilding contest or a rock 'em sock 'em robot K-1 fight, Overeem would win.

But Jones wins the MMA fight.
9/26/12 7:39 AM
Teenage mutant lesnar turtle
590 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gustaffson is probably the best bet stylistically at LHW. Phone Post
9/26/12 8:46 AM
Snakey

drunken pat - 
Snakey -
SQUEEZIE - 
MPA2000 - 

Good post SQEEZIE,
Jones wont underestimate Andersons
ground game like Vitors.

I could see Anderson getting g`n`pounded out.
Very early.
Fear the Beard Anderson, Fear the beard
Are you serious anderson hasent subbmitted anyone kn the ufc. Cheal p. Sonnen. Dan henderson. Those names ring a bell Phone Post

However we will never know till
Anderson fights Jones

We can only hope that fight happens
What a fight it would be
9/26/12 9:14 AM
Woodford Mike
57 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If I had to put money on just one guy it would be Gustafson. I put a lot of weight in the strength of JJ's reach advantage and, while he'll still have it vs Gustafson, it won't be nearly as evident. Still give the edge to JJ, but I think he'll need to get it to the ground stat in this one. Phone Post
9/26/12 10:23 AM
Snakey

Woodford Mike -  If I had to put money on just one guy it would be Gustafson. I put a lot of weight in the strength of JJ's reach advantage and, while he'll still have it vs Gustafson, it won't be nearly as evident. Still give the edge to JJ, but I think he'll need to get it to the ground stat in this one. Phone Post

I would have to see more fights of Gustafson
before I could make a call on that
9/26/12 10:34 AM
Adam Lorenz
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cormier dropping to 205 with his wrestling background

Vinny pulling guard lol! (will be easier said then done now after the Vitor fight)

Machida, Glover or Gustafson getting in and landing something significant (more punchers chance IMO for these guys)

9/26/12 11:24 AM
Snakey

Adam Lorenz - 

Cormier dropping to 205 with his wrestling background

Vinny pulling guard lol! (will be easier said then done now after the Vitor fight)

Machida, Glover or Gustafson getting in and landing something significant (more punchers chance IMO for these guys)

Good post

Food for thought that
9/26/12 12:32 PM
Snakey

If Jones does fight Anderson Silva
it has to be 205lbs

Anderson is undefeated at 205 as well

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.