UnderGround Forums

S&C UnderGround >> Tendinitis is a bitch

9/25/12 12:36 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Adam_Bay
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Got tendinitis in my elbow anyone else ever had it? How long did it last? Anything you did that helped heal it at all? Phone Post
9/25/12 12:44 PM
Adventure Runner
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

www.ActiveRelease.com

Find a provider near you. I'd recommend somebody that is certified in Upper Extremity, Lower Extremity, Spine, and Masters at a minimum. It belies their level of commitment to their training and practice. IronMan (the athletic cert) and biomechanics are added bonuses.

I've had amazing results with soft tissues problems and ART (and graston as well). Chronic IT Band Syndrome... Gone. I picked up quadriceps tendinitis from a trail race... Gone is a single appointment. I've recommended my guy to a few other athletes I know as well. The most notable one was my marathon running friend. She's a serious competitor and has won marathons. She destroyed her leg one race. She was in a full leg brace and walking with crutches. Doctor's thought it was a torn meniscus. At my urging, she went to my guy. He said it was the worst IT Band blowout he's seen, and he deals with a lot of runners. After a single appointment, she was walking again right away and running a couple days later. That was 6 months and numerous ultra running events ago.

Obviously not everything can be healed like that and not everybody will have great results. It's definitely worth a shot though.
9/25/12 12:44 PM
Adventure Runner
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If you're in Massachusetts, I can give you my guy's contact info.
9/25/12 1:50 PM
Adam_Bay
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Adventure Runner - If you're in Massachusetts, I can give you my guy's contact info.
I'm on the other side of the country but thanks for the advice ill definitely check it out. Phone Post
9/25/12 1:53 PM
Adventure Runner

No prob. If your insurance covers chiro, it'll cover this as well.
9/26/12 11:27 PM
MbA7601
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Adam_Bay - Got tendinitis in my elbow anyone else ever had it? How long did it last? Anything you did that helped heal it at all? Phone Post
I had it right on the top part of my forearm just before it meets the elbow.. Started when I started doing straight bar curls for some reason...

Was the biggest pain in the ass ever to heal up.. I literally took a week off the gym, iced it, and it kept coming back... I eventually took about a month off unfortunately when I got really sick, and it completely went away.. Phone Post
9/27/12 3:05 AM
Adam_Bay

MbA7601 -
Adam_Bay - Got tendinitis in my elbow anyone else ever had it? How long did it last? Anything you did that helped heal it at all? Phone Post
I had it right on the top part of my forearm just before it meets the elbow.. Started when I started doing straight bar curls for some reason...

Was the biggest pain in the ass ever to heal up.. I literally took a week off the gym, iced it, and it kept coming back... I eventually took about a month off unfortunately when I got really sick, and it completely went away.. Phone Post
Yea I really wanted to keep going so I tried to just do legs and things that don't require arms really but even lifting plates to put on the bar didn't feel good. Not enough pain to stop but just enough to e annoying as hell. Been out for three weeks now. Glad yours went away. Some people have it for a really long time. Phone Post
9/27/12 6:55 AM
OregonChaelClosedDueToBandWagonCrash
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

got it in my shoulder after injuring my rotator cuff, six months on and full recovery is still a fair way off

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.