UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Velasquez: The path to Overeem goes through me

9/25/12 5:49 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
912 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

In a recent interview with Ron Kruck of AXS.tv, Cain Velasquez reaffirmed his bout with Junior Dos Santos, despite the feeling that the champion would rather fight Alistair Overeem first:

"I think he would want to fight him (Overeem) more, just because of the words they've been throwing back and forth, but he has to fight me first. Right now, I'm expecting for the rematch to happen, so that's what I'm thinking about. If the UFC tells me different, then I gotta prepare for something else, but right now, it's a for sure thing that I'm gonna be fighting dos Santos on December 29th."

transcribed by MMAMania.com...

9/25/12 6:07 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
TrevorJacky
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Title fight is too soon, he just lost to the man. UFC dropping the ball by not making the Overeem - JDS megafight for this recycled mismatch.
9/25/12 6:11 PM
.V.
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't want to see Velasquez fight JDS again. I want to see JDS fight Overeem. I hate the whole losing a belt and then winning one fight to get another title shot.

Nothing against Cain, but I think JDS vs Overeem is better fight solely because I'm not sure how I feel about Overeem and would like to see his standup game tested. IMO JDS is the man for that job. Phone Post
9/25/12 6:11 PM
epic hero

TrevorJacky - Title fight is too soon, he just lost to the man. UFC dropping the ball by not making the Overeem - JDS megafight for this recycled mismatch.

Agreed man it's way too soon and I simply cannot get excited for it. That ko is still too fresh in my mind. It's like nobody has to climb back up the mountain anymore, you win a fight and get a title shot.
9/25/12 6:19 PM
MantainPain
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/25/12 6:21 PM
I agree with hating on the immediate rematch for belt losses.

The ONLY time we should be seeing it is when the bout is scored a draw. (and I would argue, even then not always)

Everyone wants to see if Overeem is hyped or not, nobody wants to see if Cain can implement his "wrestle-instead-of-getting-knocked-out" game plan.
9/25/12 6:23 PM
3rdLion
216 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

More interested in seeing Reem and JDS go toe to toe than see Cain try wrestle JDS from the bell.
9/25/12 6:37 PM
toovie
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Id like to see cain drop to 205 and fight jones and see the reem vs jds all on the same card but that aint gona happen Phone Post
9/25/12 6:45 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
517 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TrevorJacky - Title fight is too soon, he just lost to the man. UFC dropping the ball by not making the Overeem - JDS megafight for this recycled mismatch.
Funny how the blame gets thrown onto the UFC for this and not the guy who got suspended Phone Post
9/25/12 7:03 PM
Aleck911
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MantainPain - I agree with hating on the immediate rematch for belt losses.

The ONLY time we should be seeing it is when the bout is scored a draw. (and I would argue, even then not always)

Everyone wants to see if Overeem is hyped or not, nobody wants to see if Cain can implement his "wrestle-instead-of-getting-knocked-out" game plan.
But this is not an immediate rematch
Cain beat Bigfoot
Plus Overeem got popped for roids so he can't fight in December Phone Post
9/25/12 7:20 PM
kevsh
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've said this before but whether the fans/media/whoever feel that Cain deserves this rematch or not, the UFC told him he's getting it. I'd like the UFC to keep their word - we all know that's not always the case.
9/25/12 7:21 PM
knoc

Listen overoid nuthuggers REEM had his shot and pissed hot. Cain just demolished bigfoot its not an immediate rematch turds,
9/25/12 7:35 PM
RicoVelasquez
85 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Too soon?

The Cain/JDS fight was almost a year ago.

Well like Cain said whatever Zuffa wants goes.

Not like it matters though because Overeem will get smashed by either JDS, Cain, heck even by DC. Phone Post
9/25/12 8:14 PM
bruised
201 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

knoc -  Listen overoid nuthuggers REEM had his shot and pissed hot. Cain just demolished bigfoot its not an immediate rematch turds,
Awww, finally. Thank you for saying this so I didn't have to. Phone Post
9/26/12 10:11 AM
ortman166

"Everyone wants to see if Overeem is hyped or not, nobody wants to see if Cain can implement his "wrestle-instead-of-getting-knocked-out" game plan."

This!!!^^^ Phone Post
9/26/12 10:13 AM
ortman166

knoc -  Listen overoid nuthuggers REEM had his shot and pissed hot. Cain just demolished bigfoot its not an immediate rematch turds,
That basically should have been a cut stoppage I wasn't impressed. Especially not enough to think he deserves a title hot after being owned last fight by the current champ. Phone Post
9/26/12 10:23 AM
MMALOGIC

why would people pay for this fight when they got it for free last year on fox, especially since nobody was asking for another after the first fight.

9/26/12 10:32 AM
slamming

MantainPain - I agree with hating on the immediate rematch for belt losses.

True, but you can blame overeem entirely for this. Phone Post
9/26/12 12:35 PM
hendofanforlife

OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 
TrevorJacky - Title fight is too soon, he just lost to the man. UFC dropping the ball by not making the Overeem - JDS megafight for this recycled mismatch.
Funny how the blame gets thrown onto the UFC for this and not the guy who got suspended Phone Post

This. Im a reem fan, but damn its his fault we havent had this yet.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.