UnderGround Forums

NBAGround >> So....how badly is LA going to cry...

9/25/12 8:24 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
quick
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

...when they lose? Bwahahahahahaha I'm calling it now fuckos. The forum curse owes me for all the times it fucked me over b/c of Brian Davis. So prepare yourself Faker fans for the full wrath of the forum curse!
9/26/12 3:47 AM
PTM2020
1259 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

you realize that you invoke the forum curse upon yourself by making this here thread.  ; )
9/26/12 1:38 PM
HenryO
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mike Brown is the coach, no forum curse needed
9/26/12 2:32 PM
PTM2020
1259 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/26/12 2:38 PM

We'll be in the top mix for sure, but nothing is ever guaranteed, especially with injuries.   I've pretty much gotten over my Bynum rant and look forward to Dwight coming in healthy and with a heap of impact, but I'm more excited about having Nash on the squad & the revamped bench.

as far as Brown.... I'll reserve comment for now.   : |

9/26/12 3:12 PM
quick
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Back injuries are a tricky thing. I don't know if I would be so quick to say Dwight is coming back healthy. And for the most part your team is old as sin and so I predict injuries galore.
9/26/12 4:45 PM
HenryO

Point guards will still be getting to the paint at the will, and with their main competition in the West all having an elite PG that is still a major concern no matter who is protecting the paint. Definitely looking forward to seeing how it plays out, I think it's going to fall apart in Lakerland but we will see
9/26/12 9:21 PM
PTM2020

Edited: 09/26/12 10:12 PM
quick - Back injuries are a tricky thing. I don't know if I would be so quick to say Dwight is coming back healthy. And for the most part your team is old as sin and so I predict injuries galore.

yeah I know.

I made quite a few rants about how I would rather stick with Bynums knees and immaturity than Dwights back and tendency for brain farts,

but I'm putting my faith in the Laker doctors and trust that they know wtf they're doin.

improved bench play will hopefully limit veteran minutes but the real kicker on what kinda season it will be is that whole Princeton offense experiment.

We'll see.

9/27/12 12:47 AM
PoundforPound
165 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/27/12 12:49 AM
HenryO - Point guards will still be getting to the paint at the will, and with their main competition in the West all having an elite PG that is still a major concern no matter who is protecting the paint.  

Nash is going to be a defensive liability, I've said that from the start. But Dwight Howard is a very good eraser to have patrolling the paint.

We'll see how it turns out.
9/27/12 12:51 AM
MadDog243
267 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

PTM2020 - 

We'll be in the top mix for sure, but nothing is ever guaranteed, especially with injuries.   I've pretty much gotten over my Bynum rant and look forward to Dwight coming in healthy and with a heap of impact, but I'm more excited about having Nash on the squad & the revamped bench.

as far as Brown.... I'll reserve comment for now.   : |

At least you are smart man. You are going to love Nash.
9/27/12 5:10 AM
EKPOGI
58 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I believe in Eddie Jordan and the Princeton offense,but if Buss really wants to win,hire D'Antoni as an assistant.let him and Nash run the offense and Mike Brown on defense
9/28/12 6:41 AM
Floppy Divac
442 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

quick is correct, yall Lala suckaducks is fizzucked.

9/28/12 6:39 PM
HenryO

If Kobe can reasonably stay out of the way a Pau and Dwight could me too much for anyone. That could be the two best big men in the league, depends on how they gel though
9/29/12 10:33 PM
dangerboy12
77 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If Nash plays off the ball as a spot up shooter come playoff time, and the lakers run the offense through, Kobe, Pau, and even Dwight, they will be damn near unbeatable.

The scary part for Laker fans, is the fact the exact opposite is will what lead them to a #1 seed. In the regular season, Nash running the team will just be too much for 75% engaged opponents to deal with defensively.

And if I'm the Lakers, I WANT pg's driving to the lane. Howard has gotten pretty good at cutting off drives to the rim without fouling, and Nash's 1 strong point on defense is steals, often times while trailing the play.
10/9/12 4:50 PM
memory blues
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dwight Howard cleared for 5on5 practices.
10/10/12 10:35 PM
CHAUNCH

I feel like Nash needs to shoot more
10/14/12 3:17 AM
memory blues
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

quick - Back injuries are a tricky thing. I don't know if I would be so quick to say Dwight is coming back healthy. And for the most part your team is old as sin and so I predict injuries galore.

http://www.nba.com/lakers/video/121011rookiebattledwight
10/14/12 3:20 AM
memory blues

He looks healthier by the day. Even if he's not ready for the opener, he will be ready to play before December for sure.
10/15/12 12:09 PM
NeckCranks
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I haven't been this excited for basketball in forever. I'm excited about Dwight but honestly the difference between him and Bynum isn't as big as people think. Nash is the real deal, though. He changes everything.

Kobe will get a lot more easy looks with nash running shit. And the Pick and Roll game with Dwight is going to be bananas.

I like LA 65-17 this year.
10/15/12 12:21 PM
dangerboy12
77 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pick and roll with Dwight?

You mean Pau I assume. Dwight isn't that great at pick and roll.
10/16/12 4:59 AM
memory blues

dangerboy12 - Pick and roll with Dwight?

You mean Pau I assume. Dwight isn't that great at pick and roll.

I'm not sure where you get the idea that Dwight isn't good at the pick and roll, considering that a large part of Stan Van Gundy's offense revolved around the high screen and roll with Dwight Howard. Dwight provides strong picks and quick rolls and can explode to the basket unlike any other 7 footer in the league.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=G3vQyxcGARg
10/16/12 5:07 AM
memory blues

Many around and in the association consider Dwight Howard to be the best pick and roll big man in the NBA.
10/16/12 8:06 AM
dangerboy12

If they think he is the best pick and roll man, then they are just wrong.

He is great at setting picks because of his size, but he is not great at getting to a spot after the pick, because he doesn't have range to go anywhere but to the rim. Then he gets fouled. Then he misses free throws. This is called 3 quarter offense, and is the reason the Magic constantly gave up so many leads.

10/16/12 8:11 AM
dangerboy12

but in retrospect, yeah, pick and roll with dwight will be killer in the regular season. I have a problem with always thinking big time playoff games. It's almost like it's 2 different sports.
10/16/12 11:30 AM
NeckCranks
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Keep in mind that Nash made Amare an all-star. Since he left Nash, he's been the epitome of mediocre.

Dwight is a very good PnR player. Think about the lob/interior pass opportunities to dwight when he rolls to the basket. He's going to make a killing with easy buckets.

Pau, on the other hand, would be more of a pick and pop type of player. Imagine Rondo/Garnett. Pau is going to get a lot of open looks, but his strenght is not rolling to the basket.
10/16/12 3:00 PM
dangerboy12

that's another thing with me, i pretty much consider pick and pop as part of the pick and roll game. That's a whole area of pick and roll Howard can't do.

In the regular season, Dwight is a monster on the pick and roll. Playoffs are a different story. It isn't that hard to figure out what to do when Dwight sets a pick. Big stays on Dwight, stops him from rolling, guard chases the ball handler and forces him to make a play to someone besides Dwight. This is the way playoffs teams have historically beaten the Magic with Howard, and the Suns with Nash.

I still think come playoff time, the offense should run through Kobe and Pau, and Nash should be a spot up shooter, and Dwight a post and kick/ garbage man. This is just so much tougher to defend. I honestly believe the Lakers could have won it all this year if they had at least 1 reliable 3pt shooter. Steve Blake was a huge letdown. Putting Nash in that role alone makes the Lakers a much better team.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.