UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Tiger Muay Thai & MMA SCHOLARSHIPS OPPORTUNITY

9/27/12 7:31 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
shallowkal
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

KingOfFighters - What champion has muay thai ever produced?
Anderson Silva Phone Post
9/27/12 8:49 AM
UGCTT_THE Kevin Chandler
170 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

shallowkal - 
KingOfFighters - What champion has muay thai ever produced?
Anderson Silva Phone Post

Shogun Rua and Wanderlei Silva

9/27/12 9:26 AM
gavinknowles

My application is in, hopefull I will be considered. I'd love to show what I have. Phone Post
9/27/12 9:38 AM
1st Rnd KO

ttt Phone Post
9/27/12 10:06 AM
runbkk

Will TMT pay for the fighter's flights to go back and forth from home to Thailand when their money runs out? Flights are the largest cost for most people. Most gyms already will let you train for free after you've proven yourself worthy, only taking a percentage of your fight purse in return. Food isn't expensive and if done right neither is housing.

9/27/12 12:13 PM
Crush Crawfish
81 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

runbkk - 

Will TMT pay for the fighter's flights to go back and forth from home to Thailand when their money runs out? Flights are the largest cost for most people. Most gyms already will let you train for free after you've proven yourself worthy, only taking a percentage of your fight purse in return. Food isn't expensive and if done right neither is housing.

If I get an invitation I plan to try to find sponsors to help cover the flight costs, or if need be I could sell my truck and then bum rides when I come home to visit ha

Flight costs will be the hardest part, but there are ways around it. And I don't mean this in a harsh way, but if you aren't committed enough to find a way to get to Phuket you probably aren't committed enough to train there for a year either.
9/27/12 12:18 PM
Beefy Wellington

Very cool! Phone Post
9/27/12 12:29 PM
Sequoyah Sandford
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Submitted an App best of luck to all. This is an great opportunity. Man the doors this would open up if Iw as able to go!
9/28/12 3:54 AM
victorchensky
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Crush Crawfish - 
runbkk - 

If I get an invitation I plan to try to find sponsors to help cover the flight costs, or if need be I could sell my truck and then bum rides when I come home to visit ha

Flight costs will be the hardest part, but there are ways around it. And I don't mean this in a harsh way, but if you aren't committed enough to find a way to get to Phuket you probably aren't committed enough to train there for a year either.

this logic doesnt make any sense, people that can afford the cost will be more likely to go. so are you saying that if you can't afford it, than that means you are not committed? thats is like saying somebody isnt willing to bet everything they own on the lottery. at least at the end of the day if you lose it all on the lottery, you still are in a country where you can speak the language and possibly find a job. if anything that logic is reversed where people who are less committed but have more money can go. just because somebody doesnt have sponsors or a lot of money, or even a winning record doesnt mean they are not committed.

quite a few people, bust their asses in this game and dont make shit for money. so what they dont hustle sponsors, some people just dont have the opportunities. saying people who cant go due to costs is unfair. that would be like someone saying those who are being sponsored are leaching off their sponsors and that is a sign they are not committed because they didnt earn their own way by working fulltime while training.
9/28/12 3:56 AM
victorchensky
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

still wish u the best though crawfish, what you said really bothered me though
9/28/12 12:18 PM
Crush Crawfish
81 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No worries man, I think it just came out meaner than I meant it (I was kind of afraid of that). I'm just saying that folks will find a way, you know? For example, I can't afford to just buy an international plane ticket and cross my fingers, but if I get an invite I'm going to give it 100% of everything I've got to get there, whether I've got to pawn stuff or ask for help from family/sponsors or sell my dick on the street lol

The guys I was talking about not being committed would be folks who are like "Eh, that sounds cool, but tickets are kinda high, I don't want to have to sell my Xbox and big screen TV to make a little extra cash", you know?
9/28/12 5:11 PM
victorchensky

Crush Crawfish - No worries man, I think it just came out meaner than I meant it (I was kind of afraid of that). I'm just saying that folks will find a way, you know? For example, I can't afford to just buy an international plane ticket and cross my fingers, but if I get an invite I'm going to give it 100% of everything I've got to get there, whether I've got to pawn stuff or ask for help from family/sponsors or sell my dick on the street lol

The guys I was talking about not being committed would be folks who are like "Eh, that sounds cool, but tickets are kinda high, I don't want to have to sell my Xbox and big screen TV to make a little extra cash", you know?

makes sense man i agree, thank you for clarifying.
9/28/12 5:23 PM
aka_rtotheoh

This would be so awesome to do... Just such a bad time.... Shoot
9/30/12 1:31 AM
eiuwrestler174
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt
9/30/12 4:48 AM
BLPorritt
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT

9/30/12 5:11 AM
eiuwrestler174
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just arrived in Phuket...

Tiger held a Barbeque Beatdown (#52) last night, and there was some fantastic action in both the ring and the cage.

Cant' wait to see the guys training on Monday. I'll be a bit jealous, as I'm simply here to rehab an injury... But it'll be fantastic to see the coaches and guests getting into it.

I've got about 50 applications in my inbox. We'll send out a maximum of 25 invitations to the tryout, as only 5 scholarships are available.

Another few weeks to get applications in, ladies and gentlemen. Deadline for applications is Oct. 22.
9/30/12 7:29 AM
BLPorritt

eiuwrestler174 - Just arrived in Phuket...

Tiger held a Barbeque Beatdown (#52) last night, and there was some fantastic action in both the ring and the cage.

Cant' wait to see the guys training on Monday. I'll be a bit jealous, as I'm simply here to rehab an injury... But it'll be fantastic to see the coaches and guests getting into it.

I've got about 50 applications in my inbox. We'll send out a maximum of 25 invitations to the tryout, as only 5 scholarships are available.

Another few weeks to get applications in, ladies and gentlemen. Deadline for applications is Oct. 22.

thats awesome!!!!! my boy David Fuller from Oklahoma is who got me very interested in Tiger Muay Thai after going up to Marc Fiore's gym.

9/30/12 8:20 AM
Mphelan
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If I weren't knee deep in graduate school I'd be at Tiger all the time. I think this is great for Tiger and great for the sport. Non-Japanese Asian MMA has come a long way in the last couple years and I'm glad to see it progressing even further.

I'm teaching at a Sanda gym in Taiwan and I'm really looking forward to the next batch of fighters you guys have to come our way.
10/1/12 3:42 AM
eiuwrestler174

Bring me the talent... Yes, I speak of Alan Belcher.
10/3/12 12:45 PM
trent205
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt sent my application for consideration as soon as i got home to a computer :)

10/9/12 5:51 AM
BLPorritt

Bumped Phone Post
10/9/12 8:22 AM
OUTCOLD
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt
10/23/12 6:59 PM
trent205
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Will you post who was selected ? Phone Post
10/23/12 7:45 PM
BLPorritt

trent205 - Will you post who was selected ? Phone Post
This Phone Post
10/23/12 7:46 PM
Jay Haas
144 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Application sent hope you can review it Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.